Our attack with Barrett as coach compared to with Potter as coach in 2022

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
With Barrett = Played 10. Points scored 96. Average 9.6 ppg. Most points in a game 16.

Without Barrett = Played 2. Points scored 46. Average 23 ppg. Lowest points in a game 22.

Now we have to fix our defense.
Not disputing the general point you are trying to make but we did play Melbourne and Penrith in those 10 games so likely to drop our average points scored but yes our attack is much better since Barrett left.

Conversely, as you noted our defence has gone to absolute sh*t. Conceded 30 plus points 2 weeks in a row and against Tigers then Dragons - hardly premiership heavyweights are they?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not disputing the general point you are trying to make but we did play Melbourne and Penrith in those 10 games so likely to drop our average points scored but yes our attack is much better since Barrett left.

Conversely, as you noted our defence has gone to absolute sh*t. Conceded 30 plus points 2 weeks in a row and against Tigers then Dragons - hardly premiership heavyweights are they?
In the Dragons last 8 games only the Storm have scored more points against them than the Bulldogs.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Panthers will have half their team out next week and will still beat us
Panthers will smash us.

We are so fragile that it only takes 1 or 2 opposition players to have a good day and we fold.

You would expect Kikau to destroy us pretty much single handed.

Taylan may will carve us up out wide as well - very good player.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
In the Dragons last 8 games only the Storm have scored more points against them than the Bulldogs.
Yeah - our attack looks a lot better.

On the other hand unfortunately 3 or 4 very soft tries conceded yesterday by horrible on-line defence. Nothing even clever in attack - no moves nothing - just 1 player running hard and that was enough. Very disheartening to watch

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With Barrett = Played 10. Points scored 96. Average 9.6 ppg. Most points in a game 16.

Without Barrett = Played 3. Points scored 64. Average 21.3 ppg. Lowest points in a game 18.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Without Barrett = Played 3. Points scored 64. Average 21.3 ppg. Lowest points in a game 18.

And discipline!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers will smash us.

We are so fragile that it only takes 1 or 2 opposition players to have a good day and we fold.

Won’t far off

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Panthers will smash us.

You picked it.
Can you start coaching us?

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Enjoying the footy we’ve played under Pottsy so far. Good shapes in attack and more variety. Burton also spent some time on both sides of the ruck which is great to see.

We’ve been a punchers chance of winning both games at the 60 minute mark but crippled by silly errors from individuals. If we can finally shake these out of our game then we can a good few games between now and end of season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We changed our structure in attack this week, Burton was playing both sides as well and Averillo who was trailing the play a lot. Flanagan and JMK are just massive issues as individuals and there's basically no halves combination between Flanagan and Burton.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Now do defence... We let in 100 points in 3 games.

It's like these duds can only attack or defend, too complicated to do both.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the little time Potter has had there have been sparks of improvement, last night I saw chances being taken to make something out of nothing.

It worked at times while not at others, tbh I'd rather see them try and make something and stuff up over the stale crap that was dished up over the last season or so under Baz.

We need improvements across the park, with the right coach and team we can do it.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
You picked it.
Can you start coaching us?
I know it sounds bad to say this, but after the last several years at the Dogs its not that I'm pessimistic - just being realistic.

After attending the devastating loss to Dragqueens at Belmore last Sunday (made worse by the fact that my wife needed the car so I caught multiple trains and buses to get there and home) I decided I am not going to watch the Bulldogs anymore this season - live or on TV.

I did not watch even 1 second of the Panthers v Bulldogs game and whilst I checked the score on my phone so I knew we lost, I was saved the pain in my eyes and heart from watching another defeat. I felt much better for having not seen any of the game because I really had the sh*ts on the way home from Belmore last Sunday and really regretted going to the game in the first place.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Now do defence... We let in 100 points in 3 games.

It's like these duds can only attack or defend, too complicated to do both.
100 points is good right?

Like getting a century in cricket.

We have "achieved" a significant milestone.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We changed our structure in attack this week, Burton was playing both sides as well and Averillo who was trailing the play a lot. Flanagan and JMK are just massive issues as individuals and there's basically no halves combination between Flanagan and Burton.
I admit Baz bottled it when he trained Avo at 7 all pre season and then changed it and we are stuck with flanno.. even if BBO came in, it would take time

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
So Barrett came across to us as the Pernith attacking guru, taking all of the credit for Penrith's attacking prowess (which mind you has been better since he left the joint).

Trent Barrett in 34 games as head coach for the Bulldogs - 2 games with 26 points or more scored.

Mick Potter in 4 games as head coach for the Bulldogs - 2 games with 22 points or more scored.

Our attack looks so much better in just 4 games.

Also of note, under Barrett in 34 games we only scored 28 points or more twice, 2 out of 34 games... under Potter we have already had 1 game out of 4 with 28 points or more scored.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yawn. We don’t want potter, he may be better , but He is a fill in an NOTHING more !!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So Barrett came across to us as the Pernith attacking guru, taking all of the credit for Penrith's attacking prowess (which mind you has been better since he left the joint).

Trent Barrett in 34 games as head coach for the Bulldogs - 2 games with 26 points or more scored.

Mick Potter in 4 games as head coach for the Bulldogs - 2 games with 22 points or more scored.

Our attack looks so much better in just 4 games.

Also of note, under Barrett in 34 games we only scored 28 points or more twice, 2 out of 34 games... under Potter we have already had 1 game out of 4 with 28 points or more scored.
I already made a topic about this…

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Without Barrett = Played 4. Points scored 98. Average 24.5 ppg. Lowest points in a game 18.