Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
2017 Melbourne Storm only conceded 18 points or more in 6 games.
However I only really classify it as the three listed;
Round 7: Manly 26, Storm 30
Round 9: Dragons 22, Storm 34
Round 10: Storm 36, Titans 38
In rounds 15, 16 and 18 they played Cowboys, Roosters and Parra without all their origin players (most notably one C.Smith)

Which brings us back to our performance, I know we were clunky at times but overall I was impressed with the new structures with Foran and Mbye. If we can put 18 points on Melbourne (keeping in mind we should have scored more) than I'm happy with how things will progress.
I didn't think we would leak so many points in defence, but some of those were against the run of play/silly errors...

Overall the signs are good and I think we can trouble a lot of sides this year. Just need to find that balance in the bench and clean up a few defensive issues around Hopoate and Montoya

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yep!!! I think will go a long way come September there a lot of good signs and I’m excited.
Plus usually if Melbourne put 18 points on us we would give up but we thought to the end.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep!!! I think will go a long way come September there a lot of good signs and I’m excited.
Plus usually if Melbourne put 18 points on us we would give up but we thought to the end.
That's it, if we don't leak that try before halftime and Mbye gets the pass away when instead of losing the ball to Addo-Carr the game would have been totally different. Once the boys get match fit and focus on those little things we will improve a lot. Interested to see how Penrith fair today though, as I think Roosters will be hard for us this week (after their shit show yesterday) Souffs didn't really impress me... but all I know is we need to win 2 games out of the opening month

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
That's it, if we don't leak that try before halftime and Mbye gets the pass away when instead of losing the ball to Addo-Carr the game would have been totally different. Once the boys get match fit and focus on those little things we will improve a lot. Interested to see how Penrith fair today though, as I think Roosters will be hard for us this week (after their shit show yesterday) Souffs didn't really impress me... but all I know is we need to win 2 games out of the opening month
I honestly think we will shake the top 8 good signs ahead.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Roosters are a team of stars, not a star team. Talent on paper, not on the field. I reckon it'd be egos at 50 paces in the dressing room.

We will beat the Roosters easily if we play like last night. Every time we got in Storms half we looked dangerous with the ball in hand.

Roosters probably believe their own hype "because we spent $45 million on a team this year, we are going to win". That's a tough mindset to get over, and I honestly believe the team are probably pissed off with the shafting of long term players simply to get Tedesco and Cronk there.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roosters are a team of stars, not a star team. Talent on paper, not on the field. I reckon it'd be egos at 50 paces in the dressing room.

We will beat the Roosters easily if we play like last night. Every time we got in Storms half we looked dangerous with the ball in hand.

Roosters probably believe their own hype "because we spent $45 million on a team this year, we are going to win". That's a tough mindset to get over, and I honestly believe the team are probably pissed off with the shafting of long term players simply to get Tedesco and Cronk there.
We will beat them easily?? It’s going to be a very tough ask with the short turn around. The team flew back on the red eye this morning and got back at 6:30am . Pay admitted we will only be doing recovery at training this week. With the Roosters coming off a loss it is a very big ask.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I hope we beat them, I do think if Latrell gets early ball then Hoppa will be in for a long night. Cronk will also be setting up strong lines to Frawley. Defensively we will need to communicate better and ball control is the big one... I hate harping on this stat as it reminds me of Hasler lol, but Tigers were good in that area and didn't get the Chooks an easy out like we kinda did for Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.