origin run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CANTERBURY BULLDOGS

Probables: Only injury or a major form slump will keep David Klemmer and Josh Jackson out of the NSW pack, and Brett Morris has to be a front-line contender to snare a wing berth.

Possibles: Josh Morris has slipped down the Blues’ centre pecking order but is a proven Origin performer, while Josh Reynolds, Will Hopoate and Aiden Tolman will press for a NSW spot and Queensland selectors have Moses Mbye up their sleeve.

Games without Origin players: Sharks (A); Knights (H).

Games following Origin fixtures: Panthers (H – 4 days); Warriors (A – 2 days).

Depth chart: The Bulldogs have several quality back-ups in the forwards department, but could be caught short out wide if the Morris brothers are picked.

Origin drain rating: 5/10

CRONULLA SHARKS

Probables: James Maloney is a NSW certainty after a strong series last year and a Four Nations call-up, while Andrew Fifita should retain his place despite his Kangaroos snubbing. Jack Bird and Wade Graham have to be fancied to keep their Blues spots, and Valentine Holmes should grab a Queensland debut after starring on the wing for Australia.

Possibles: Backrower Jayson Bukuya is a Queensland smoky, while Chad Townsend’s combination with Maloney could propel him into contention if his rival NSW halfbacks fall over.

Games without Origin players: Bulldogs (H), Tigers (H)

Games following Origin fixtures: Sea Eagles (H – 4 days); Titans (A – 3 days)

Depth chart: Paul Gallen’s rep retirement, along with the Blues seemingly moving on from Luke Lewis, will benefit the Sharks, while the likes of Fa’amanu Brown provided outstanding fill-in value during the 2016 series.

Origin drain rating: 8/10

http://commentaryboxsports.com/australian/nrl/clubs-2017-origin-drain.html

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old article but the fact remains that it's a good time to play the sharks.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that only Klemmer will make it into the Blues 17 this year with Jackson shunted to 18th man. Although I disagree with it, The Blues back row selections I believe will be - Wade Graham, Boyd Cordner, Tyson Frizzell & Jake Trdojevic or Trent Merrin (Peter sterling is a big fan). They will overlook the Morris Boys in favour of Hayne & youth. I don't think we will be too effected this year.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't see the Morris twins getting in and I hope they don't because I can't be fucked with more injuries.

With Jackson and Klemmer certainties the pack should be:

8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Fualalo
11. Elliot
12. RFM
13. Graham

14. Kasiano
15. Eastwood
16. To'omaga
17. Saunders

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I believe that only Klemmer will make it into the Blues 17 this year with Jackson shunted to 18th man. Although I disagree with it, The Blues back row selections I believe will be - Wade Graham, Boyd Cordner, Tyson Frizzell & Jake Trdojevic or Trent Merrin (Peter sterling is a big fan). They will overlook the Morris Boys in favour of Hayne & youth. I don't think we will be too effected this year.
Yeah unfortunately i think jackson will miss out this year too

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now that Hayne's back into contention it'll be even harder for either Morris twin to make the Blues side. I hope none of our players make origin LOL but that is me being a selfish one eyed Dogs supporter.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that Hayne's back into contention it'll be even harder for either Morris twin to make the Blues side. I hope none of our players make origin LOL but that is me being a selfish one eyed Dogs supporter.
the morris bros are not even close to be selected this season so many players ahead of them at the moment

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daley rates Jackson very highly.
Will be surprised if he is not in the blues 17.
I believe he does too, but I think Daley has used his "out" card by stating that the Bulldogs players not involved in City v Country may have hurt their chances at a blues Jumper ie Jackson as he is the only one in serious consideration. Klemmer is the exception because he is playing for the Kangaroos.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm tipping Jackson on fight edge, cordner left frizzel at lock n graham on the bench

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only Jackson and Klemmer will be picked. They're going for all younger players now so either Morris is highly unlikely unless there is a ton of injuries.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Getting sharks without Fifita, Graham, Maloney and possibly Bird will be fucking great... should be one we can grind out.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are under Dudley's origin radar. In seasons gone by we were origin depleted.

Only Klemmer and Jackson will be picked. I would laugh if Dudley left out Jackson. That would highlight his incompetence.

Top 4 has to be the goal this season but we have to go on a win streak of 4-5 games very soon.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson will be one of the first picked by Daley. Daley is a big fan. Klemmer is a certainty and B moz may get a spot as mansour is injured. No one else will get picked or considered. If Daley picks J Moz i'll be shocked as he is past it.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson will be starting second row. Its between him and Cordner for Captaincy. Woods showed his weakness with all the drama at the Tigers..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have a pretty good draw this year and should go on a run during Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.