News Origin 3 Full capacity

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New South Wales faces an even more daunting task at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday night with news the famous Brisbane stadium will now be packed full to the brim with Queenslanders.

Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on Friday announced stadium capacity would be bumped from 75 per cent to 100 per cent from Tuesday night.

It’s not coincidence Wednesday night will see the Maroons and Blues square off at Suncorp for the State of Origin shield.

Last edited:

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sutton will be under the pump from the home crowd to make decisions in their favour. I think he will respond accordingly to their wishes.

From my experiences with Qld Crowds many that have sat near me have shown limited knowledge about the rules of the game.

As I said on this forum a while ago this joker complained when the touch judge correctly ruled out on the full when a ball kicked downfield landed on the line and we could see the chalk fly up. My wife told the guy quite politely that they are not playing tennis. He never said another word.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Ch9 is complaining about Rabs, John's, Gould and the Ch9 technical team that aren't allowed into QLD unless they quarantine for 14 days... so what's going to happen? Are they just going to do a live cross from a studio in Sydney? You'd think that they'd have some technicians based in QLD...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have tickets to this. Hurts not being able to go.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Ch9 is complaining about Rabs, John's, Gould and the Ch9 technical team that aren't allowed into QLD unless they quarantine for 14 days... so what's going to happen? Are they just going to do a live cross from a studio in Sydney? You'd think that they'd have some technicians based in QLD...
Just let Roy and HG call it. It might actually make the game entertaining.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So Ch9 is complaining about Rabs, John's, Gould and the Ch9 gtechnical team that aren't allowed into QLD unless they quarantine for 14 days... so what's going to happen? Are they just going to do a live cross from a studio in Sydney? You'd think that they'd have some technicians based in QLD...
Doesn‘t matter where they are based, if they worked last Wednesday night in Sydney then they have to quarantine for 14 days. Surely they would choose the very best techs they have for all SOO games, as a viewer I’d certainly expect it. Commentators, who cares, they all push their own agendas anyway.

Plainly Palacechook doesn’t want the crowd biased decisions scrutinised, so lowering the quality of the coverage helps that, they‘ll miss more shit, due to incompetence or deliberately. FWIW I’ve cancelled all Qld business trips and holidays, they are getting none of my money.

Go Dogs

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Going to be awkward if the feed goes down and we've got the Techos on the phones here directing remote hands on what to check/look at. I think most of the broadcast team would go around together as they know the gear, mobile broadcast stations, etc, etc.

You'd think with a televised game in Qld every week they'd have some locals with lots of experience up there at least.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sutton will be under the pump from the home crowd to make decisions in their favour. I think he will respond accordingly to their wishes.

From my experiences with Qld Crowds many that have sat near me have shown limited knowledge about the rules of the game.

As I said on this forum a while ago this joker complained when the touch judge correctly ruled out on the full when a ball kicked downfield landed on the line and we could see the chalk fly up. My wife told the guy quite politely that they are not playing tennis. He never said another word.
Sutton won't be swayed. He answers to one and one only, the betting agencies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Break a leg Nathan, the accuse athon is shit but yea they should win this on form if they can repeat the intensity.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Qld will need a lot more than just a crowd advantage to take back the momentum this year. There are plenty of others like myself who are blues supporters up here, so there will be some blues fans there.

Last edited: