Opposition Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
There wasn't a thread for other trial games besides ours.

I felt the biggest shock was Parra beating the Roosters. The Roosters actually did have probably half of their first graders playing, and more importantly apparently both Finch and Firman played too.

The funniest thing to come from the match would have to be this:

"But Amos Roberts saved some face for the Roosters when he streaked the length of the field in the dying minutes but he was almost shown up by Parramatta prop Michael Vella, who stayed with him the entire way"

lol so much for the roosters getting a big injection of pace into their backline with Amos.

Christabella

Reaction score
Stevie J said:

"But Amos Roberts saved some face for the Roosters when he streaked the length of the field in the dying minutes but he was almost shown up by Parramatta prop Michael Vella who stayed with him the entire way"
For some reason there are certain words in that quote that stand out more than others ... leading to a pretty hideous mental image. LOL

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to League unlimited
and all the canberra fans are saying we beat the premiers!!!
they are dumb fukcs they think they are going to get somewhere this cause there first grade side wiped a tired PL side in the second half!!

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trial form?

I'm glad you can't bet on trials. The form is more up and down than a QLD race meet.

Things will change when it gets serious and sadly I fear the Broncos will be a force this year. My early title favourites.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
Christabella said:
For some reason there are certain words in that quote that stand out more than others ... leading to a pretty hideous mental image. LOL

hahahahahahahahaa
mental picture,,
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
steve_mortimer said:
I'm glad you can't bet on trials. The form is more up and down than a QLD race meet.

Things will change when it gets serious and sadly I fear the Broncos will be a force this year. My early title favourites.

i dont think the broncos will be as bigger threat as you might think,,
they have some undinial tallent but i think there fawards tire to easy,
and if you play locky well you usually shut the team down,,
they dont bleed there young tallent and stick with there work horses..
which may work but is predictable...
and if all else fails,,,
you can always reley on getting a few tries down hodges side,hehehe

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
trials are jsut that trials teams are getting a feel for the new players.. canberra supporters think their good cause the beat doggies when really it means nothing

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
only difference between that one and ours against the rabbitohs is there was a shield at stake :p

Reaction score
Stevie J said:

"But Amos Roberts saved some face for the Roosters when he streaked the length of the field in the dying minutes but he was almost shown up by Parramatta prop Michael Vella, who stayed with him the entire way"

lol so much for the roosters getting a big injection of pace into their backline with Amos.
Dude, Vella used to be a back, throughout his whole junior career he used to play in the Centres or on the Wing, so naturally he's gonna have a bit of pace.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
yeah tru when he first started for parra he was in the centres

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
I just laughed wen i heard that parra beat the rooters i think itz funni even though its only a trial game

Reaction score
yeah but roosters put a **** team into the game dats why they lost oh well its still funny.lol

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
PARANoIR said:
Dude, Vella used to be a back, throughout his whole junior career he used to play in the Centres or on the Wing, so naturally he's gonna have a bit of pace.
Really? I had no idea...but still from memory Vella was a bit of a lumbering giant and I thought Amos was meant to be one of the quickest in the NRL?

Reaction score
Nah Vella can run when he gets goin ay..I dont think Amos is that quick, he'd be the quickest in the Rorters backline though Id reckon, a footrace between him and Minichello would be interesting.

Christabella

Reaction score
Stevie J said:
Maybe i'm just tired but i dont get it??? lol :confused:
What is the usual picture you get when someone is streaking the length of the field? Now picture that someone as Michael Vella ... get it now?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Christabella said:
What is the usual picture you get when someone is streaking the length of the field? Now picture that someone as Michael Vella ... get it now?
:o It's even worse that I just got the picture now while im having breakky :(

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Raiders fans have no idea. They were boasting about the win on the way out of the Stadium. Not that there were many there it was all dogs .

B

BiG BOSS

The Raiders coach was over the moon that his 1st grade side beat our Jersey Flegg side.

Ohh well, thats the closest they will ever come to a win against us.

B

Bwaif

i was at our trial game, it was so funny, the whole row in front of us were wives and mothers of the raiders players, and they were acting like they were king ****.

My cousin decided to act like a smart arse and started talking really loudly about how the raiders shouldnt be proud of beating a half PL half JF side, blah blah, and that maybe they needed the win so that they know what it feels like to win.

But yeah, I think it's funny how they were so stoked about beating us.

Status
Not open for further replies.