Opinions on the 2022 Draw

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
D5B2100D-2C2C-4F27-8159-D4DBFCA9DFA1.jpeg
I don’t think we ever talked about it but I want to know everyone’s opinion on the draw for us in 2022. Are there any particular games to look forward to? Were the NRL generous in the draw they gave us? or are they still pricks for giving us 3 straight 6:00 and 2:00 games?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The first 2 games are good to build momentum/see where we're at, even tho they're 50/50 (I think Broncos will go good next year with their purchases). The four games after that are going to be very tough and if we can scrape 1 win that'd be a good result. After the bye period it's also going to be tough for the run home. Besides all that it's a pretty average draw. I'd be more than happy with 10 wins for the season (our realistic goal should be something like that).

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
The first 2 games are good to build momentum/see where we're at, even tho they're 50/50 (I think Broncos will go good next year with their purchases). The four games after that are going to be very tough and if we can scrape 1 win that'd be a good result. After the bye period it's also going to be tough for the run home. Besides all that it's a pretty average draw. I'd be more than happy with 10 wins for the season (our realistic goal should be something like that).
That is true. Obviously the 4 games after Cowboys and Broncos are overkill but I reckon they’ll be prepared for it. An early season challenge should set the boys up for later on in the year.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you think 10 and 14.

I'll go 14 and 10.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
View attachment 34750
I don’t think we ever talked about it but I want to know everyone’s opinion on the draw for us in 2022. Are there any particular games to look forward to? Were the NRL generous in the draw they gave us? or are they still pricks for giving us 3 straight 6:00 and 2:00 games?
There actually is a thread on it but none the less it's a tricky start with a decent ending. Need to start well those first 2 rds

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s a blessing in disguise playing the top 4 teams early. If we can win 5-6 games of the first 13 (which is more then achievable). We then start a run of 5 home games with a bye in the middle. Those 5 games are winnable, we could be in for a good shot at the 8. We’ll get better as the season goes on, I think we should be able to scrape in the 8.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s a blessing in disguise playing the top 4 teams early. If we can win 5-6 games of the first 13 (which is more then achievable). We then start a run of 5 home games with a bye in the middle. Those 5 games are winnable, we could be in for a good shot at the 8. We’ll get better as the season goes on, I think we should be able to scrape in the 8.
Might catch one of the top teams a bit off the pace to start the season.

Always a few upsets early on.

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thinking about it how good would it be to beat those flogs Penrith in round 5. I’m calling it Burton hat trick and 5 try assists. Too good

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Cookie. I think you are selling this team short... Guess the last 5 years doesn't help the pessimism.