Opinion Opinions on new coaches

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Out of the assistants Fitzgibbon stands out. Of the ESL coaches, Lam, Wane or De Woolfe could be options. Of the proven coaches, Griffin and Henry could be solid short term options to get us competitive again.

I hate the idea of Flanagan coaching us as much as anyone, but if people want a proven coach and if we're being honest, he does have the best resumè out of anyone and the NRL may yet be persuaded to let him finish his ban earlier.
I forgot about Neil Henry where is he at now? He got coach of the year at the cowboys

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about Jason Taylor. He made the hard calls at west tigers I.e Robbie Farrah and helped rebuild them. We are rebuilding. Fitzgibbon seems a good choice also as does Jason Ryles. However I hope Pay stays. Gets better support I.e John Cartwright. If no improvement by end 2022 with better squad could promote from within any the above. However like all good leaders need good people to support then
I'm personally not a fan. Apparently he makes a great assistant but has shown he doesn't have what it takes as a head coach. Besides, his own player knocked him out cold at while he was at souffs

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Craig Bellamy- contracts mean jack shit and with cam smith reportedly retiring craig might leave too or be swayed by the $$$

As the million dollar man said everyone has a price. Give him an offer too good to refuse.

shane Flanagan on the proviso the nrl reduce his suspension

Anthony griffin- 2 titles with broncs under 20s
Left broncos in good state and when Penrith were running fourth the season he got punted.

craig fitzy
Know him personally and a genuine nice guy and knows his stuff real well
Maybe start generating some rumours about belly ache testing himself with a side like the dogs. See if he can create another dynasty without 3 of the best footballers to play the game at his helm. Plus the NRL always needs Melbourne to succeed in the AFL capital. Is he a master coach or just lucky??? Hahaha

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I forgot about Neil Henry where is he at now? He got coach of the year at the cowboys
Not sure. He did a good job at the Titans early on. It was probably their last decent season. Then Hayne aka the coach killer came in and got him fired not long after. I don't think Henry is an assistant currently but I could be wrong.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only thing that is a slight worry about Fitzgibbon is he is a very defensive minded coach and our attack is the biggest problem area but I think he would be my pick.
He'd be my preferred option too. I think he's the best assistant option available and is highly rated. Like O'Brien, Demetriou and Holbrook last year, if we don't sign Fitzgibbon, someone else soon will.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anthony griffin a no-nonsense coach, he doesnt tolerate bad player behavior and can spot young talent, knows having a strong junior base is needed

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He'd be my preferred option too. I think he's the best assistant option available and is highly rated. Like O'Brien, Demetriou and Holbrook last year, if we don't sign Fitzgibbon, someone else soon will.
I just hope he isn’t already lined up for the Dragons. He still lives down there and the rumour was he knocked back the Knights job because he really wants the Dragons one.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anthony griffin a no-nonsense coach, he doesnt tolerate bad player behavior and can spot young talent, knows having a strong junior base is needed
Yeh I agree. He has never gotten the premiership success. But he does clean a side up, gets rid of deadwood. And can get the players playing for him. And if the effort isn’t there I’d reckon he’d drop them. Probably needed him post Hasler to clean up the mess and get rid of the pretenders in the ranks (I can’t see him pumping up Lewis or tolmans tyres or persisting with zelezniak at fullback).

Some decent selections in this thread. Even Taylor who I personally don’t like or am a fan of has cleaned up a few teams of prima-donnas. I wouldn’t choose him for us. But he’d do a better job then pay in getting the personnel and cutting the dead wood. Which pays friendly/pro player demeanour would struggle to do.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can’t remember who or where but someone in here recently mentioned Seibold in the same breath as Bennet and Bellamy.. hahah

Seriously, the next wrung on the ladder (a few down at least) has Hasler and Cheat Robinson and then a gap to maybe Madge and Sticky.

The rest are in a dead heat tie for who gives a fuck.
Seibold is a fraud..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can’t remember who or where but someone in here recently mentioned Seibold in the same breath as Bennet and Bellamy.. hahah

Seriously, the next wrung on the ladder (a few down at least) has Hasler and Cheat Robinson and then a gap to maybe Madge and Sticky.

The rest are in a dead heat tie for who gives a fuck.
Seibold is a fraud..
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
2117E6B4-F745-4BE6-9495-BA55301CC463.jpeg

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should have signed Keary up when he was available..!!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
47-0 and 14 to go..

To Qoute Moonman on MMM

“Anthony Seibold” You CAAAAAAANT..

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tupou was a bulldogs junior and bulldogs fan ‍♂‍♂

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel dirty cheering for the rorters to beat the Broncs, but I cannot stand Seibold and I would love to see the Broncs held to zero for the 1st time in history.

P.S and Victor Radley.. FMD

Can we kidnap him??

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is the last bloke we need another no nonsense “tough” coach will not change a thing we need someone with fresh ideas in attack can’t remember the last time we looked remotely entertaining time to move into modern day football especially with new rules involving the ruck “tough grinding” football will not cut it

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I feel dirty cheering for the rorters to beat the Broncs, but I cannot stand Seibold and I would love to see the Broncs held to zero for the 1st time in history.

P.S and Victor Radley.. FMD

Can we kidnap him??
JMoz odds on to get his first premiership ring this year.