Opinion Opinions on new coaches

Double C

Waterboy
Reaction score
Need some one with Pay's passion and commitment. He's a club legend, hard to replace it is a shame he hasn't been able to produce the victories he is clearly capable of.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Craig Bellamy- contracts mean jack shit and with cam smith reportedly retiring craig might leave too or be swayed by the $$$

As the million dollar man said everyone has a price. Give him an offer too good to refuse.

shane Flanagan on the proviso the nrl reduce his suspension

Anthony griffin- 2 titles with broncs under 20s
Left broncos in good state and when Penrith were running fourth the season he got punted.

craig fitzy
Know him personally and a genuine nice guy and knows his stuff real well
FMD can you imagine bellyache in the coaches box watching Lewis put up his fifth mid field bomb in a row?? I would pay money to see that lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Griffin with Gus in a recruiting role for mine probably won’t happen but I can dream

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No offence intended however, you come across as the Spokesman for Lynne, the FC Board & A Hill:

React emotionally??????
Are you kidding! There’s no emotion it’s a business & hard decision need making now.
Your puzzle analogy is inappropriate it’s more like links in a chain as follows;
1)We have & have had the worst roster in the NRL for the past 3 seasons. In the current situation that won’t change.
2)If they don’t move now, they won’t improve the roster.
3)They don’t improve the roster NO COACH will consider coming-it would be career suicide with this “wait & see” mindset of the Board & Current Recruitment team.
4)Which will result in even poorer membership less prime time TV exposure which will negatively impact on corporate/commercial opportunities. (Our sponsorship staff at present are embarrassment).

The “we’re in a rebuilding phase” prose has well & truly expired. We can’t remain in this insane &
unacceptable “holding pattern”.

Everybody wants success
Everybody loves a winner.
Yes, didn't you know? I'm an apologist, a defender, a loyalist and every other label I've been called.
Thanks for your strategic view.
I'd respond to it but I've stated my position a million times and really can't be bothered again.
We shall see. First if your prediction of next Monday comes true.
Everyone wants success? Thanks for the scoop...

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I know Michael Ennis has coached the blues under 18s, doesn’t mean much maybe but I’d definitely be open to the idea of having him here as a rookie coach and will probably have more of a attacking mind than what we currently have available on short notice

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, didn't you know? I'm an apologist, a defender, a loyalist and every other label I've been called.
Thanks for your strategic view.
I'd respond to it but I've stated my position a million times and really can't be bothered again.
We shall see. First if your prediction of next Monday comes true.
Everyone wants success? Thanks for the scoop...
Dinkum Dog,
I enjoy reading your posts, very measured but you sit on the fence.
Paralysis by analysis.
Always grey never, black or white (blue & white in our case).
Again no offence intended but:-
There is no strategy in my view; no science nor process just commonsense.
Success doesn’t come with “wait & see”
A bad decision is better than no decision.....
Love a good cliche

Go Dogs!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know times are getting desperate, but twice banned cheat Flanagan? FMD.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dinkum Dog,
I enjoy reading your posts, very measured but you sit on the fence.
Paralysis by analysis.
Always grey never, black or white (blue & white in our case).
Again no offence intended but:-
There is no strategy in my view; no science nor process just commonsense.
Success doesn’t come with “wait & see”
A bad decision is better than no decision.....
Love a good cliche

Go Dogs!
Sorry SFA but I don’t think you understand my position at all. I am anything but a fence sitter and I’m in a very clear minority on this forum - so be it.

Let’s reconvene later in the season.

Yes, of course Go Dogs (I will never say what some so called supporters on this forum say, to hope for a flogging next week so your coach can be sacked).

Reactions: ATT

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter? Seriously
Pay should be given the season, however a new contract should depend on KPI’s over and above winning 4 out of the last 6 games.
One guy that I thought was dudded in the past and I would welcome is Mick Potter - having said that, my preference is we finish the year with more wins than losses and Pay is extended for another year.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our club was ripped apart by incompetence, lack of who the bulldogs are and no policy or governance! We need the write people in the write spots whoever they are I’m unsure.
Pay seems to be getting little to no support from his support staff. That needs to change. We need better players granted we all know that. But what we got we have to work with. We lack go forward. We where left with no big meter gainers once Klemmer left. Every team needs one. We need experience half which takes time. And sometimes dropping to put build confidence the pandemic stopped that. We have some guns coming through but it will take time. Non of this can we control. we can support the club and support our team. And give the board the opportunity to make the changes needed.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Need some one with Pay's passion and commitment. He's a club legend, hard to replace it is a shame he hasn't been able to produce the victories he is clearly capable of.
Is this Nasheed?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Staunch Pay supporters write off Holbrook as a coach after losing three games when he inherited as big a mess as Pay did but they're prepared to somehow still make excuses for Pay in his third season...

Well Holbrook just dropped highly paid senior players like Cartwright last week and now Peats, Jarrod Wallace and Shannon Boyd this week. He's also promoted and is starting many of their talented youngsters now.

At least he has the balls to drop underperforming high priced players to send a message to the team unlike Pay who sees no reason to make wholesale changes to a team that just lost by 30 plus.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It’s a long shot. Shaun wane the ex Wigan coach wants to test him self in nrl has had success and has a knowledge of English players is the current England coach
Can’t hurt no real prospects here atm available
I'm on his wagon also... However there is a strong possibility that he will be coaching Hull FC

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toovey or griffin with what’s not employed already

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry SFA but I don’t think you understand my position at all. I am anything but a fence sitter and I’m in a very clear minority on this forum - so be it.

Let’s reconvene later in the season.

Yes, of course Go Dogs (I will never say what some so called supporters on this forum say, to hope for a flogging next week so your coach can be sacked).
Wow! So defensive I’ve obviously hit a raw nerve. Find one of my posts where I’ve wanted the Dogs to get flogged by the Dragons or anyone fur that matter. Speaking of defensive just a little statistic that I find disturbing that we have scored a sum total of 24 points in 3 games an average of 1 converted try & 1 penalty goal per games. In those 3 games we have conceded 64 points, an average of 21points conceded per game- 3 converted tries & 1 penalty goal per game at least. That’s not going to win you any games.
Factor in that the Cowboys put the cue in the rack at half time & that Manly could have scored 2 more tries & missed 5 conversions those statistics are flattering but also alarming.
How a true Bulldog supporter can accept the laisse faire leadership we have at present is baffling.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wow! So defensive I’ve obviously hit a raw nerve. Find one of my posts where I’ve wanted the Dogs to get flogged by the Dragons or anyone fur that matter. Speaking of defensive just a little statistic that I find disturbing that we have scared a sum total of 24 points in 3 games an average of 1 converted try & 1 penalty goal per games. In those 3 games we have conceded 64 points, an average of 21points conceded per game- 3 converted tries & 1 penalty goal per game at least. Factor in that the Cowboys put the cue in the rack at half time & that Manly could have scored 2 more tries & missed 5 conversions those statistics are flattering but also alarming.
How a true Bulldog supporter can accept the laisse faire leadership we have at present is baffling.
Defensive? Nerve? Not even close.
I just can't be bothered repeating myself.
I didn't suggest you said you wanted the Dragons to win on Monday but plenty of other posters here have.
We disagree on the main reason we are failing and that's fine - one of us can have bragging rights when the ship turns, which it will - and I'll cop it on the chin if I'm wrong.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan if he gets permission then Toovey

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Club legend, really? Think you need to check the definition of legend

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Griffin with Gus in a recruiting role for mine probably won’t happen but I can dream
What drugs are you on, the two of them had a massive falling out at Penrith, as if they’re going to bury the hatchet and play happy families to rebuild us from the awful predicament we’re in