Opinion Opinions on new coaches

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Most people are very agitated about Pay and I think nearly everyone wants him gone. But do we have a replacement and would he be for 2020 or 2021. I think we should just suffer with 2020 because we aren't in the financial state to sack and give a pay out. As for options for a 2021 coach options include (Best to worst):

Phil Could: Controversial decision here. I think as an ex dogs coach he will do really well here. He will improve our group quickly and players want to play for him. Like Bennett but without the cricket ball to the head.

Mick Ennis: Old player suiting the board and knows all the stuff. A great player in his day and an even smarter one now.

Anthony Griffin: A coach that is proven in the NRL and would be a great fit for this old fashioned club. I think Gould was close to him and he would be able to bring Gould in. Either that or Gould was the one that pushed him out.

Unproven ENG coaches: These guys are unproven and could be a breath of fresh air or a huge failure.

Wayne Bennett: Terrible option. Disgusting. Wayne has gone mentally ill with his player selections at the bunnies and would only be brought here for players to be brought.

Thoughts:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can rule out Ennis straight away there’s no way you can appoint someone that has never been anything more then a part time hooker coach.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan or Wayne Bennett for me.. Both have won premierships at least..

Not a fan of Griffin as he never achieved much in his career..

Gould has said he wont coach anymore..

Ennis will be another rookie appointment somthing we should avoid.. But I like him as a hooking coach or onfield trainer like his current role at Canberra..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mick may have what it takes, it would be very interesting, but you wouldn’t want another pay disaster, and he is not proven, but more talk.

Gus would bring men with him, and he knows how to clean a club up, and get it into shape, so is a good option also..

Flanno could also do the job..!!

No to Bennett..!!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Question 1.
Who is avaiable?
Question 2.
How to we sign literally any fucking one of them for Round 4?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Wayne wants a deal and Souths have Demetriou waiting. Pick him up

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Shaun Wane baby. And if he sucks as I'll admit I was a wanker for saying he's our best option lol. Wanted Holbrook but that ship sailed long ago.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem I have with Pay is that the players play with no direction no structure no discipline and out of position.

He needs to be replaced otherwise the rest of the season will be wasted on the development of the players. What we witnessed last night was absolutely pathetic. I’m sure there is a coach in our ranks who could do a better job then what we are seeing right now on game day.

Reactions: DT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As for Wayne Bennett fuck that dinosaur... He will leave us in a bad space when he leaves

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nathan Brown looking for a gig........
Made some good signings at Newy the last couple years
could be an option

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem I have with Pay is that the players play with no direction no structure no discipline and out of position.

He needs to be replaced otherwise the rest of the season will be wasted on the development of the players. What we witnessed last night was absolutely pathetic. I’m sure there is a coach in our ranks who could do a better job then what we are seeing right now on game day.
We need to be pumped by the Dragons for that to happen. If we front up and lose by 6 it will be BAU

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Gould has said he wont coach anymore..

Ennis will be another rookie appointment somthing we should avoid.. But I like him as a hooking coach or onfield trainer like his current role at Canberra..
Griffin played a massive part in getting the Panthers junior systems functioning like they should. But he is a grumpy count apparently. Opposite of pay.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
As for Wayne Bennett fuck that dinosaur... He will leave us in a bad space when he leaves
1000% Agree. This fraud of a person has wrecked the Bunnies and I believe it will have similar repercussions to Newy. He can get stuffed!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Out of the assistants Fitzgibbon stands out. Of the ESL coaches, Lam, Wane or De Woolfe could be options. Of the proven coaches, Griffin and Henry could be solid short term options to get us competitive again.

I hate the idea of Flanagan coaching us as much as anyone, but if people want a proven coach and if we're being honest, he does have the best resumè out of anyone and the NRL may yet be persuaded to let him finish his ban earlier.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
nasheed here,
in order of preference:

1. Shane Flanagan. This is a must, he is the absolutely perfect fit as a coach. People are usually against this idea for moralistic reasons, but like the CHN saga, the Isreal F saga, the Mitch pearce, what does an arbitrary discipline appriach get you? just angry fans and another team getting the spoils. it also opens up the club for being hyopcrites when theres some other morally blurry issue down the track.
The fact of the matter is my wigga Flanagan is a proven coach that has PROVEN he can lift a struggling outfit (early 2010s Nulla) to a premiership force. He has PROVEN he can recruit the right players and make wise choices with selections. He has PROVEN us that the players adore him and will fight for him the way they would rally around him during his shit, and he has PROVEN he can win a premiership. His kid would come too, as would former sharks. Quite simply, if we dont get him, another team will. Clearly saints are getting ready.

2. Wayne Bennett. Past it a bit but a proven successful recruiter and plays a no fills brand of footy. Get him in for two years as a band aid to leace the place in good shape.

3. Shaun Wane. Good pommy coach who can get us pommy talent.

4. If any of these employed coaches become available through unusual circumstances- Bellamy, Holbrook, Kearney, Robinson, Hasler, Stone, Stuart.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Craig Bellamy- contracts mean jack shit and with cam smith reportedly retiring craig might leave too or be swayed by the $$$

As the million dollar man said everyone has a price. Give him an offer too good to refuse.

shane Flanagan on the proviso the nrl reduce his suspension

Anthony griffin- 2 titles with broncs under 20s
Left broncos in good state and when Penrith were running fourth the season he got punted.

craig fitzy
Know him personally and a genuine nice guy and knows his stuff real well