Opinion Opinions on JMK

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No I just said Des preferred a ball distributor and you have somehow interpreted that as I said it was all his fault? Honestly how did you get that out of what I said?
Where did you get "dream team" out of what I posted?

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It must
Where did you get "dream team" out of what I posted?

Go Dogs
The must be a dream team if they can teach vision like you claim....

Now where did I say it's all Des' fault?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It must

The must be a dream team if they can teach vision like you claim....

Now where did I say it's all Des' fault?
I can play this game too, it must be Des's fault, you said "Des preferred a ball distributor".

If he preferred a "ball distributor" then he wouldn't (and plainly didn't) put any time into developing Cook and teaching him how to play hooker.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As I thought you have nothing
In this case I don't need anything I just keep quoting you. You took what I posted and deliberately misinterpreted it to suite your narrative. It's no effort for me to quote you back.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In this case I don't need anything I just keep quoting you. You took what I posted and deliberately misinterpreted it to suite your narrative. It's no effort for me to quote you back.

Go Dogs
Pretty ironic that you are whinging about being deliberately misinterpreted.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On the surface I agree JMK is not a starting hooker. Reasonable option as a bench utility so I would have no qualms throwing him jersey 14.

From my own experiences coaching juniors in more than one sport many players improve when a new coach comes along and that new coach magically pushes the right buttons and finds the exact role that suits a particular player. It is very difficult for any coach to get the best out of every player under his tutelage.

Jack Gibson once said one of the biggest arts in coaching is finding a role that best suits a player and the team and not one where he can't contribute to the team. Bellamy is the best at that in the modern era.

Barrett and his assistants have more chance of finding JMK's best role than Pay or Steve Georgalis did. Give them half a season at least before we cast anyone by the wayside.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Where did I say it was Des fault? Wayne and Madge must have snuck into Belmore before he joined the Bunnies because he showed glimpses in reserve grade of what he did for the Bunnies at NRL level. Give me some other examples of hookers that this dream team have given vision to? It must be pretty easy to teach.

Good for you that you watched him at Endeavour.
Cook could play when he was with us. 2015 he was brilliant back end of the season. I'm sure Dogs fans can remember the bat the ball on dead ball line try he did for Perrett.

One of the MANY bad recruitment, and retention, decisions by Dib/Des/Raelene.

A crying shame to lose him.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cook could play when he was with us. 2015 he was brilliant back end of the season. I'm sure Dogs fans can remember the bat the ball on dead ball line try he did for Perrett.

One of the MANY bad recruitment, and retention, decisions by Dib/Des/Raelene.

A crying shame to lose him.

It bordered on criminal negligence to let him go whilst paying Eastwood $850k

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It bordered on criminal negligence to let him go whilst paying Eastwood $850k
I agree. Even wrote to Raelene but she said we couldnt afford the extra $50,000!

He played 5 games at the end of the season and scored 4 tries with try assists as well.

Lichaa didn't score 4 tries his whole career here did he? Another what if :(

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey all,

I must say JMK is lacking up until now, it’s hard to soar like and eagle surrounding by turkeys. I have a feeling even Cam Smith would of looked average last year with the lack of attack options available.
I’m not blaming anyone but our team has been on a downward spiral for over three years now.

JMK put his hand up when many others players would of let the situation crush them, he is resilient and hard working. He was a half and told the other options were better, that has to be hard to handle but he bounced back. I for one think his loyalty and spirit are way more important to me than a hired hun looking for an upgrade in three years time.

I truly hope he gets a decent go this year and I hope the haters of him have to eat their words. Funny i

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally, im pretty confident JMK will improve out of sight this year. With some quality coaching and some very well structured attack, every player will improve, but especially i think JMK will.
In the past he has shown he is quick out of DH, has a kicking game, and is a solid defender. The one area he struggled a little with was decision making. This was mostly due to poor coaching, and the forwards constantly demanding the ball. However, with Barrett providing the structure, and drilling it into them, JMK will know exactly where to get the ball, and when to get it there. His decisons will basically be made for him.
Im tipping he will prove a lot of doubters wrong.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Personally, im pretty confident JMK will improve out of sight this year. With some quality coaching and some very well structured attack, every player will improve, but especially i think JMK will.
In the past he has shown he is quick out of DH, has a kicking game, and is a solid defender. The one area he struggled a little with was decision making. This was mostly due to poor coaching, and the forwards constantly demanding the ball. However, with Barrett providing the structure, and drilling it into them, JMK will know exactly where to get the ball, and when to get it there. His decisons will basically be made for him.
Im tipping he will prove a lot of doubters wrong.
What other NRL team does he start at hooker for?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Connor Watson anyone?
if he don’t get a run at knights.
24 years old
Good vision
Speed
Kicking game
Hungry
Had a bad injury but believe the best yet to come.
Also can play in the halves.
A competitor.