Reaction score
Connor Watson anyone?
if he don’t get a run at knights.
24 years old
Good vision
Speed
Kicking game
Hungry
Had a bad injury but believe the best yet to come.
Also can play in the halves.
A competitor.
Has a bad injury every year...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thas not the point though is ot?!
Well it is. We're competing against 16 other teams and we have the worst hooker in the comp...some teams even have 3rd string hookers that do a better job than him and no amount of coaching is going to change that. Like you said he's solid in defence, but that's it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well it is. We're competing against 16 other teams and we have the worst hooker in the comp...some teams even have 3rd string hookers that do a better job than him and no amount of coaching is going to change that. Like you said he's solid in defence, but that's it.
No, its not the point, and thats not what i said.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally, im pretty confident JMK will improve out of sight this year. With some quality coaching and some very well structured attack, every player will improve, but especially i think JMK will.
In the past he has shown he is quick out of DH, has a kicking game, and is a solid defender. The one area he struggled a little with was decision making. This was mostly due to poor coaching, and the forwards constantly demanding the ball. However, with Barrett providing the structure, and drilling it into them, JMK will know exactly where to get the ball, and when to get it there. His decisons will basically be made for him.
Im tipping he will prove a lot of doubters wrong.
And we actually have a half that can organise and direct the team around the park , that will benefit JMK too.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He has that much vision he could qualify for a free guide dog
I thought he had pace seeing him run down a couple of players but those new steedens must weigh 50kg because I’ve seen him in the clear with one under his arm and run down by forwards in no time numerous times
Whichever parent he has in common with benji isn’t the one carrying the football genes

That said his last 2 coaches have played him out of position, he needs to be behind the defensive line or ruck carrying the water bottles

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Happy for him, it's a big thing playing for your culture, the Maori's really treasure it. As a bonus it's a first ever time playing with his brother, maybe their only chance.

Go Dogs

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully jmk carves up in the all stars.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really like him . He will come good expect a big year from him .
my fear is losing Averillo .

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing him. He looks leaner than in the past so maybe he'll have a bit more speed around the ruck.
Might be starting for maoris now all storm players have been pulled out

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The positivity of Flanagan is giving me a bit more hope for JMK. With Flanno as 1st receiver most of the time he's gonna demand good service, and he looks pretty confident in how things are going at training.

I don't rate Katoa but he should get decent minutes in our Sharks trial, with JMK playing All Stars. Will be interesting to see if Wakeham or someone else plays some minutes at dummy half in the trial.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Getting better but still far from the hooker we need.