Opinions needed please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alright, so im on my L's and im gonna be buying a car within the next few months so that i can mod it a bit, like put a cold air intake, new headers etc etc.

I just need an opinion on what car i should get that is no more then $4000, because im looking to spend about $1000 on the mods or what ever.

I was thinking maybe a Civic Si. But not 100%.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Civic is a good choice, or a corolla

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Is that something you can mess around with and have fun? Ive never really considered Mitsubishi too much.
Yes heaps of stuff you can do with them, reliable, good on petrol(1.8L) and fast.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lancer: 92-98

Reliable and parts are cheap as.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Lol. Save your money and just use it to get from A to B, you don't want the hassle of being pulled over by cops just because your car is done up.

JMO.

G

Gladiator.

Like I said get a VL, and I'll help ya with ****. If you need some amplifiers I got a Clarion 250W 4 way for your speakers and a Sony Xplode 1000W Monoblock for your sub. Get the speakers, deck and wires and I'll hook your system up with 12 months warranty.

G

Gladiator.

If you're gonna spend $1,000 on a mod, I'd say get Slippery. He's a great mod.

BTW, for a decent exhaust system alone you're looking at $1,200, and another $300 for a CAI. Don't forget to re-tune your car or there is no point in modding it.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I work at Autobarn in Bankstown. My brother in law owns the place, so getting the parts cheap isnt a problem. And an Exhaust isnt $1200. Max $600.

And ive figured the car out, i have an Integra VTi-R lined up.

G

Gladiator.

I work at Autobarn in Bankstown. My brother in law owns the place, so getting the parts cheap isnt a problem. And an Exhaust isnt $1200. Max $600.

And ive figured the car out, i have an Integra VTi-R lined up.
Wait where are you getting your exhaust from? Autobarn?

$600 for an exhaust? You're dreaming, if you want a stainless steel exhaust with extractors and a hi-flow cat, you'll be lucky to get it under $1,000.

My exhaust cost me $1,700 cash, but its a dual exhaust the whole way through.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wait where are you getting your exhaust from? Autobarn?

$600 for an exhaust? You're dreaming, if you want a stainless steel exhaust with extractors and a hi-flow cat, you'll be lucky to get it under $1,000.

My exhaust cost me $1,700 cash, but its a dual exhaust the whole way through.
I meant it without the cat and extractors. And ide be able to get the whole set alot cheaper from suppliers.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Btw, do you install it all yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.