Opinion on thompson

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion is he wouldve felt it. He didnt move his finger straight away, at least on replay. But its a fraction of a sec thing and no deliberate action to gouge. Reckless. Shouldnt get 4 weeks for that.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Started slow but really started to kick on towards the end of the year pretty hopeful he will be a key player for us next year under a decent coach and with a full pre season.
Welcome to TK

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So why is he suspended? This is just silly, lol.
Because the nrl is so consistent and has the highest integrity...lol... please...

They are knee jerk pc gronks.. the burgess boys will show you what an eye gouge is if you really want to know..

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His last few games were good, he looked like a quality prop. Think he’ll get better as he finds his feet and gets use to the nrl.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thompson is going to be fantastic next year providing he hits leg day hard.

I feel indebted to you and St Helens so I’d like to offer you a half with nice hair that has a massive boot and good front on defence.

Deal?
Why leg day?

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will reserve my view when he has a full Pre season. I do like him though.

Fairclough92

New Pup
Reaction score
Sadly he was very underwhelming this season, and was struggling to find his feet with the speed of the game here, especially with the new 6 again rule. But as many others have said, there were many factors that contributed to his form. Our whole team was very ordinary this year though.
Next year, with a proper off-season, a new attack minded coach, and his missus by his side should make a massive difference!!
Im expecting big things from him next year. We need him to dominate like he did in the UK!
Welcome to the kennel mate. Hope the dogs become your Aussie team!
Dogs always was my aussie team pal when jammer signed back in 2011 i think it was i started following

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs always was my aussie team pal when jammer signed back in 2011 i think it was i started following
Glad to hear it. Its been a lean few years, and the direction if our once great club has been taken off course, but we will be back, sooner rather then later!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been tracking him since St Helens, rate him highly, we will see the best of him in 2021.

I thought his mid year cameo was solid and improved with each game. He goes hard and doesn't take a backward step. I’m not sure all the fans here appreciate what he brings to the team but they will see how valuable he is in the coming years.

Is he the worlds best prop? No, but he is high quality, has a great engine and is a super competitor.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it had anything to do with him starting out slow at the beginning. It was ALL about being played horribly. Playing at lock for one, once he was the DOMINANT prop he was great. Footwork, offloads, legs peed, power he had it all.

For those of you who will say 13 is just the same, I agree in some cases it is, but we don't play Elliot like a prop when hes at 13. It was obvious Thompson wasn't comfortable in that role either.

He should be played the way he was played in the last game, and the way Holbrook played him. Lots of minutes and as a pack leader, not the way we did with him getting the ball sometimes once in two sets.

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Great to have someone from overseas on TK, I am very confident that he will be a standout in the NRL 2021, would love to se him and RFM on the edge next year, if Trent does play him there, we will have an edge paring at least the equal of any in the NRL
I do not believe that he would be an affective battering ram in the NRL, like he was in the SL. his speed would be best utilised on the edge.
Anyway I've been out of action for a month thanks to HN software.
And where do you think Nova Scotia is? Lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Back in england he had a clean record and was never a dirty player or know to give a penalty away. When news came out he was banned for eye gauge we didnt believe it
I think the judiciary had no choice because of where his hands were, but he didn't gouge at his eyes, and it didn't look particularly malicious!