Opinion on thompson

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry Brady but this is a shit take
Disagree. To add to that, Thompson is suspended and can't start the season with us. Great move. I'm more triggered people think it's Tamou's fault, BS.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wouldnt have happened if Tamou wasnt trying to milk.

PS. Agree to disagree
Found guilty. Tamou "milking" (contact in and around the eyes, so not really) is only for the penalty.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe Thompson shouldn't of eye gauged... thanks Thompson! It needs to be stamped out of the game, disappointing, go make up for it next year.
Haha what ever champ, there was no deliberate eye gauge by Thompson. It came down to Tamou trying to milk a penalty. Never should have been suspended and definitely not for the length he got.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha what ever champ, there was no deliberate eye gauge by Thompson. It came down to Tamou trying to milk a penalty. Never should have been suspended and definitely not for the length he got.
Evidence Thompson eye gauged otherwise he wouldn't of been found guilty (suspended), it was blatant. Just because they're our own (bulldogs glasses) doesn't mean they deserve to get off and not receive a punishment.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Evidence Thompson eye gauged otherwise he wouldn't of been found guilty (suspended), it was blatant. Just because they're our own (bulldogs glasses) doesn't mean they deserve to get off and not receive a punishment.
I think this was unfortunate incident.There appeared to be contact with the eye. However I don’t feel that there was any actual gouging took place and I also don’t think he made deliberate contact with his eye.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Evidence Thompson eye gauged otherwise he wouldn't of been found guilty (suspended), it was blatant.
Believe what you want mate, but it wasn't an deliberate eye gauge. Guilt by association of being a Bulldogs player. Considering McGuire got away with two deliberate ones during the season without suspension that were blatantly obvious.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to have someone from overseas on TK, I am very confident that he will be a standout in the NRL 2021, would love to se him and RFM on the edge next year, if Trent does play him there, we will have an edge paring at least the equal of any in the NRL
I do not believe that he would be an affective battering ram in the NRL, like he was in the SL. his speed would be best utilised on the edge.
Anyway I've been out of action for a month thanks to HN software.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He improved a lot over the course of the season and his last couple of games were easily his best.
Needs to work on his defence though, some of his 1 on 1 efforts were sub par.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wouls you say he is good enough for your first team or do you feel he needs a full pre season as his move to your club was a bit distrupted

Disrupted for sure, and came into a team playing like a bunch of busted arseholes, which made it even harder.

Saw enough to know I can't wait to see him pull on the Dogs jersey again, doesn't mind a bit of the aggro stuff which we've lacked for a while and hopefully we get to see a bit of his pace and skills.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great player. Absolute gun. For some reason he did not do any footwork for any of the games until the very last one vs Penrith. I am not too sure why this is the case.

As long as he uses his footwork, he will be devastating.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all

Just signed upto this site (thanks for the approval)

St helens fan here just wondering on your opinion of luke thompson and how he has been for you guys this year. He was a fans favourite at our club as he progressed through our academy and won us 2 grand finals. He was our best prop since james graham in his first stint with us. He left with a bit of sour taste after he refused a pay cut over covid but many of us still with him all the best and hope he smashes it in the nrl like he did in super league.

Wouls you say he is good enough for your first team or do you feel he needs a full pre season as his move to your club was a bit distrupted
He started off pretty good in his first game against the Brisbane Broncos but then he fell away a bit. I read he was off his game because he didn't have any friends or family here to support him during Covid. He couldn't even mix with his teammates outside of training and games. He was even dropped to the bench at one stage when we were coming last in the comp so that was a poor reflection when he couldn't make the first 13 for the team coming last in the comp but he gradually played a bit better and in our last game of the season I thought was his best game. He looked really strong with every carry. If he plays like that next season in every game all Dogs fans will be happy with him.