Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did anyone go to it today? Anything interesting?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just got back. Took 3 of my young grandsons with me. They had an absolute ball. All of them signed everyones shirts and caps. Every player there looked fit as a fiddle including the Morris'. Josh had icepacks on both knees and I asked him what the go was. He said it was just rehab and age. He took them off later on and I saw him squatting while talking to others so they can't be too bad. Foz was there. Looked fit enough although he wasn't running. Had a quick chat to him - seemed pretty happy. Montoya, Lichaa, JJ, Francis, all looked in top shape. Elliott looks a little bigger in the upper body. None of them did any running. They were putting the juniors and girls through a series of drills and just doing a bit of mentoring. Young Jayden Okunbor is really ripped. No Eastwood, Woods, Klemmer or RFM (although there were a couple of lookalikes in the juniors). Had a quick chat to Deano - seems really happy to be there and still wouldn't look out of place with a jersey on. Overall the vibe was exceptionally positive.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes both were there. both looked good and both seemed pretty happy. In fact everyone there really seemed relaxed. I don't know how but JJ has even bigger guns now.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh that was the other thing. At the end of the session all the youngsters sat in a group and the top squad stood in front of them. The trainer (I think) did some talking and then two players were called on to speak to the group. Tolman and JMoz. Sounds like we may have co-captains - or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just got back. Took 3 of my young grandsons with me. They had an absolute ball. All of them signed everyones shirts and caps. Every player there looked fit as a fiddle including the Morris'. Josh had icepacks on both knees and I asked him what the go was. He said it was just rehab and age. He took them off later on and I saw him squatting while talking to others so they can't be too bad. Foz was there. Looked fit enough although he wasn't running. Had a quick chat to him - seemed pretty happy. Montoya, Lichaa, JJ, Francis, all looked in top shape. Elliott looks a little bigger in the upper body. None of them did any running. They were putting the juniors and girls through a series of drills and just doing a bit of mentoring. Young Jayden Okunbor is really ripped. No Eastwood, Woods, Klemmer or RFM (although there were a couple of lookalikes in the juniors). Had a quick chat to Deano - seems really happy to be there and still wouldn't look out of place with a jersey on. Overall the vibe was exceptionally positive.
Cheers for the detailed report. Cant wait for the season to start!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the post mate.. much appreciated :grinning:

Was young Tom Carr out there? He'd have to be close to an NRL debut, and can cover entire backline.

Also Morgan Harpers pretty darn sizeable for a young lad!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the post mate.. much appreciated :grinning:

Was young Tom Carr out there? He'd have to be close to an NRL debut, and can cover entire backline.

Also Morgan Harpers pretty darn sizeable for a young lad!
I think I saw young Carr out walking around. Don't know Harpers but there were about 20 there from the FG squad. I've got to say there are a lot of quick young kids in the various squads and few big young blokes as well. Even some of the young girls playing had a bit of size about them!!

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I saw young Carr out walking around. Don't know Harpers but there were about 20 there from the FG squad. I've got to say there are a lot of quick young kids in the various squads and few big young blokes as well. Even some of the young girls playing had a bit of size about them!!
Thanks for the update mate.

Saw pic of harper on dogs site. Doesnt look like his knee is 100% yet. Doubt he will get a look next year anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.