Open letter to my beloved Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Load of shit tbh mate. They don't owe it to the fans to walk over and give them a clap?? Piss poor...
No they don't. I still think they should. But it's not like they are obligated to do so.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Mate I am sure they all are good blokes. Just after that they were pretty keen to get outta there. Not an attitude thing. And they don't owe us anything. They are paid to be NRL players. Not photo props and PR workers. While I am sure it would have been good for them to go communicate with the fans under the circumstances i can forgive them.
That's where we disagree my friend. Every single person playing for $$$ and getting paid to be involved in RL owe the fans everything including the food on their tables. If we don't hand over our $$$ and pay for TV than RL is back in the park.....perhaps where it should have stayed all along?

Reaction score
Mate I am sure they all are good blokes. Just after that they were pretty keen to get outta there. Not an attitude thing. And they don't owe us anything. They are paid to be NRL players. Not photo props and PR workers. While I am sure it would have been good for them to go communicate with the fans under the circumstances i can forgive them.
yeah they get played to play football, but they only get paid because of the fans interest in the game. No fans, and it's just a recreational sport

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's where we disagree my friend. Every single person playing for $$$ and getting paid to be involved in RL owe the fans everything including the food on their tables. If we don't hand over our $$$ and pay for TV than RL is back in the park.....perhaps where it should have stayed all along?
Stop watching then. We are paying for them to entertain us by playing Rugby League. If they don't entertain you don't watch. Do musicians owe us that? What about public school teachers?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually that's part of their contractual agreement. When a player signs with a club part of the pay is for signings, photo ops and general PR duties. Second tier players are paid outside of their contract to carry out PR duties.

The players not coming over to thank the fans is not only a shame for the players but a shame for the club for not enforcing it.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No they don't. I still think they should. But it's not like they are obligated to do so.
As others have already stated, without the fan, the players don't get paid, league is nothing without the fans

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah they get played to play football, but they only get paid because of the fans interest in the game. No fans, and it's just a recreational sport
I agree. But the fan interest is in them playing RL not in being public figures. As long as the placers aren't actually being disrespectful or belittling to fans I don't really mind. And people here seem to say that even Ennis is a good bloke.

And any of the players I have met have always been ok.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually that's part of their contractual agreement. When a player signs with a club part of the pay is for signings, photo ops and general PR duties. Second tier players are paid outside of their contract to carry out PR duties.

The players not coming over to thank the fans is not only a shame for the players but a shame for the club for not enforcing it.
I don't think it would be written in their contract that they are obligated to go over to the grandstand and talk to fans following every game. They are obligated for certain media duties yes I am aware of that.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Stop watching then. We are paying for them to entertain us by playing Rugby League. If they don't entertain you don't watch. Do musicians owe us that? What about public school teachers?
If a game is crap I do stop watching. Rich musicians who make money off their fans...yes! Public school teachers are paid income to teach our kids, if they become poor at it than they pay a price too. What's your point, everyone should be accountable don't you agree?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Id wait to send it hey. It will be a massive facepalm if we go ok in the finals

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a game is crap I do stop watching. Rich musicians who make money off their fans...yes! Public school teachers are paid income to teach our kids, if they become poor at it than they pay a price too. What's your point, everyone should be accountable don't you agree?
Sure. If people don't perform on the field I bag them relentlessly and hold them accountable for it. I just don't think it would be stipulated in a players contract that they have to go and talk to fans in the stand. Could be wrong though i suppose.

I would happily have 17 Assholes out their winning games though.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Sure. If people don't perform on the field I bag them relentlessly and hold them accountable for it. I just don't think it would be stipulated in a players contract that they have to go and talk to fans in the stand. Could be wrong though i suppose.

I would happily have 17 Assholes out their winning games though.
TBH honest if there were 17 a'holes out there I wouldn't be a dogs supporter anymore.....my life doesn't need blind support of idiots for no reason. The fact that it would have to be stipulated in a contract for them to do it shows where our sport has gone. I know there are plenty of players out there that don't prescribe to that theory, actually the only one I can think of that would would be that idiot Boyd. There use to be a rule that always worked...."never bite the hand that feeds you" and lets chuck in a "don't shite in your own nest' one aswell. See how quick we remain a billion dollar sport if they get the fans off-side, doubt those maggots at ch9 destroy the coverage of our sport every week for fun.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
How long can we keep chanting "in Des we trust"?
I don't chant it, still haven't decided on him TBH. Failure next year again will lose me that's for sure. I will be on the Dymock bandwagon this time next year if things don't change.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH honest if there were 17 a'holes out there I wouldn't be a dogs supporter anymore.....my life doesn't need blind support of idiots for no reason. The fact that it would have to be stipulated in a contract for them to do it shows where our sport has gone. I know there are plenty of players out there that don't prescribe to that theory, actually the only one I can think of that would would be that idiot Boyd. There use to be a rule that always worked...."never bite the hand that feeds you" and lets chuck in a "don't shite in your own nest' one aswell. See how quick we remain a billion dollar sport if they get the fans off-side, doubt those maggots at ch9 destroy the coverage of our sport every week for fun.
I see we aren't going to agree on this so I am just going to leave it. But i would love us signing Boyd so clearly we have very different things we want out of the side.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is easy for us to look at it like that.

But if i had the ability to play NRL I would want my fair share of cash as well.
ability alone doesn't get you the cash
there are many other factors like passion, commitment, and a hunger to succeed.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des has been a complete failure at the Dogs. He's getting over $1m a season for what ?. Maybe he's taking a work holiday with the Dogs then going back to Manly. I wish ASAP

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ability alone doesn't get you the cash
there are many other factors like passion, commitment, and a hunger to succeed.
Dude don't quote mine me. That has been taken completely out of context.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I see we aren't going to agree on this so I am just going to leave it. But i would love us signing Boyd so clearly we have very different things we want out of the side.
I would take Boyd too mate, I'm that sick of a fill-in FB and the advantage that gives every team we are playing against. Just using Boyd as an example of a player who doesn't understand where his wage comes from was all.

Status
Not open for further replies.