News Online bullying

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The other thing about Facebook etc is that what might begin with one person with a grudge, can quickly escalate with trolls that aren't even emotionally involved wanting to join in for no other reason than to upset someone
well done allan 2 lines, proud of you

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's always a mixed bag for me. I tend to go for the thick skinned approach. If you can't handle banter online then you're not going to handle real life very well.

That said, bullying can become extreme. There's bullies that stalk people online and hound them constantly. Making fake accounts to spam them. Making up bullshit about them and spreading it online. Constantly harassing them every chance they get.

Banter is fine, but when it becomes cyber bullying then it's a major problem. It's quite common that a victim of online bullying ends up taking their own life. And it's not because someone picked on them a few times. It's usually because every time they go online, they have the same group of people stalking and harassing them to the point that they can't open Facebook or any social media without being harassed.

Many will say, "Then just get rid of social media", but now days that's like saying, "Just don't go outside the house"

Social media is the lifeblood of young people. If you can't go on social media then you may as well be a hermit living in a dark space cut off from all society.
Yeh I was having a bit of a laugh but this shit is bad especially for kids, other little bastards can be mean and as you said numerous suicides result.Terrible stuff for kids.

That said here is my only "social media" place, some have more of a need for online interactions just the way society is in the 21st century.Imo it's not necessarily a good thing for some ppl adults too(likeadoggy, rodzilla and others maybe lol)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sometimes bullying can be good, like when Aaron Woods was mercilessly bullied for his ridiculous Dora the Explorer haircut and he promptly got rid of it.
Constructive bullying

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Yeh I was having a bit of a laugh but this shit is bad especially for kids, other little bastards can be mean and as you said numerous suicides result.Terrible stuff for kids.

That said here is my only "social media" place, some have more of a need for online interactions just the way society is in the 21st century.Imo it's not necessarily a good thing for some ppl adults too(likeadoggy, rodzilla and others maybe lol)
terrible stuff for kids is starvation and trafficking.Getting bullied online is a problem easily fixed.Get the fuck offline.

Dope.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes bullying can be good, like when Aaron Woods was mercilessly bullied for his ridiculous Dora the Explorer haircut and he promptly got rid of it.
That wasn't bullying, that was a community service!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its pretty much about public mutual respect based on similar EEO policy, everyone is different and no ones personal beliefs are the right ones for everybody else.
Who cares who likes Jesus, is black, wog, chong, poof, lezo or has a disability?
There's some things I don't wanna know and if your a good chick or fella then great.