On the hit list’: Burton in Rugby Australia’s sights as Wallabies plot another NRL raid

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why cant we ever get players that just negotiate in house and stay like joey manu at roosters,cleary
I’m pretty sure Gus has a small core of players he intends to keep at all costs. Burton, JAC, Mahoney, TPJ, Averillo, Kikau and Kiraz are a pretty good starting point.

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why cant we ever get players that just negotiate in house and stay like joey manu at roosters,cleary
Uncle Nick makes those things happen. We got the wish version of Uncle Nick, the bloke that wants to speak to Burton’s parents and mentor players like Adam Elliott but his hand won’t reach his pockets.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We even had this will he, or won't he re-sign, crap with Turvey...so it's gonna be a thing forever between Murdoch press and Ch9 I guess.

Tho in saying that, can anyone remember Baa being made out to be indecisive with contract re-negotiations? I can't.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was going to turn my back on let's say 850k to 1mil playing the game I grew up loving - Rugby League, I don't think I'd give it away to earn similar money in a similar sport with less upside the way union is currently travelling.

However, If someone seriously approached me to fill a spot as an NFL Punter earning 2 to 3 million a season where I could preserve my body to ensure I'd get another 10 to 15 years of that income then I would seriously consider it. Remembering that an NFL Punter has very limited time on the field & limited contact. He would end up being a God over there.

But it all comes down to what Matt wants to do, he might absolutely hate any other option other than playing Rugby League.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would he go to the Wannabes? They are worse than the tigers and titans combined.
Or your All Blacks....Ireland beats them the first time EVER last week...then SURE TO BE SURE TO BE SURE they beat ‘em again and win a series for the FIRST TIME EVER against NZ 2-1…talk about the Shaky Isles… :fearscream:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was going to turn my back on let's say 850k to 1mil playing the game I grew up loving - Rugby League, I don't think I'd give it away to earn similar money in a similar sport with less upside the way union is currently travelling.

However, If someone seriously approached me to fill a spot as an NFL Punter earning 2 to 3 million a season where I could preserve my body to ensure I'd get another 10 to 15 years of that income then I would seriously consider it. Remembering that an NFL Punter has very limited time on the field & limited contact. He would end up being a God over there.

But it all comes down to what Matt wants to do, he might absolutely hate any other option other than playing Rugby League.
Basically being paid 2 to 3 million dollars a year to watch the NFL from the best seats in the house every weekend… I’d take that offer any day of the week!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Or your All Blacks....Ireland beats them the first time EVER last week...then SURE TO BE SURE TO BE SURE they beat ‘em again and win a series for the FIRST TIME EVER against NZ 2-1…talk about the Shaky Isles… :fearscream:
Thanks for reminding me :(

I think the last time we lost a series in NZ was 1994 IIRC

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me :(
Be happy for the Irish..my ancestry..its never happened to em before..poor red headed bastards!*

* I used to be one of those red headed bastards.. waves of auburn glistening in the sunshine..now its just beach! :weary:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Be happy for the Irish..my ancestry..its never happened to em before..poor red headed bastards!*

* I used to be one of those red headed bastards.. waves of auburn glistening in the sunshine..now its just beach! :weary:
Ok I'll let You have this one because I love you ;)

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We even had this will he, or won't he re-sign, crap with Turvey...so it's gonna be a thing forever between Murdoch press and Ch9 I guess.

Tho in saying that, can anyone remember Baa being made out to be indecisive with contract re-negotiations? I can't.
Baa is quoted as saying he and Bullfrog were able to work on hand shake agreements, such was the trust between the two.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the Wallabies wanting to make a splash, Burton would absolutely be a prime target. His left boot would be lethal in that code.

Lets not forget Rugby DWARFS league on the world stage, and it offers a very enticing lifestyle with plenty of opportunities post playing.

Rugby could make Matt an offer that blows the NRL out of the water.