On that Laundy Money

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only if you know the truth...
Looking in from the the outside I don't blame you for imagining it is the Laundys or whoever but in time everyone will know the truth
all the truth and nothing but the truth !!!
Say no more :nomouth::nomouth::nomouth:
Has this got anything to do with Hillies Resignation today?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You were of no help regarding my response/enquiry of D-voice either :grinning:...but thanks anyway.
This one?
He is alluding to a lot more than will be published in the annual report I'm guessing.
There is commonly some form of "contra" in the advertising/sponsorship that only the parties involved will ever know about. Entertainment and hospitality mutual back scratching is not unusual.

Go Dogs

Reaction score
View attachment 20083

Thommo on that Laundy money now.

Barrett has been given alot of praise for the continued roster overhaul (and rightly so), but my belief is that Arthur Laundy and son may be an even bigger contributor to getting the signatures on the board.
I dont have inside knowledge regarding player salaries but the reported figures of our recent signings is at or below market value. I can only imagine that a hands on approach from people in the money and sage financial advice from the Laundy's has gone a long way to securing quality players at reasonable prices.
Dont need to explain the knock on effect of value for money signings but if we continue in this fashion we will be a force again before too long.

Hip hip hooray for the Laundy's we should be thankful that we have had some outside influence with the best interest of our club at heart, step up and make a commitment to growth and success.

We have been paying overs for years, I dont want to elaborate or insult players but we have been taken for a ride for quite a few years now.
Well strap in kennelers because we are the club thats about to start riding this competition once again.

Extra praise for stepping up when we needed it the most and not waiting until we turned the corner and jumping on the band wagon.
by order of the peaky fookin blinders

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Laundy's financial contribution...
2020........Zero
2021........$500k front jersey sponsor, my opinion half of what it is worth.
2022........$500k front jersey sponsor, I think it's not confirmed
Do you think there is no other money via a different “Laundy” entity coming in as 3rd party to help close deals? I don’t know but assume they are smart and something is going on. I think TBaz also sells the dream and inspires much more confidence than previous coaches too. It all helps I think. Either way. Happy

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Laundy being compared to Politis is very premature. Politis is in a whole different stratosphere with what he has contributed to the Chooks when compared to Laundy at the Dogs.
Politics hasn’t been a roosters sponsor for a long time right? I’m assuming a lot of is $$ and influence happen behind the scenes too right. Maybe that is how the Laundy plan is being played out? I don’t know but maybe? And you are right early days...

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Laundys are the best thing to happen to us for a long time

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Politics hasn’t been a roosters sponsor for a long time right? I’m assuming a lot of is $$ and influence happen behind the scenes too right. Maybe that is how the Laundy plan is being played out? I don’t know but maybe? And you are right early days...
He’s been a sponsor for 40+ years as well as chairman of the club and has a heavy influence over the NRL. I’m not sure if Politis is on any NRL boards or committees anymore but he still has plenty of power. He has also set up a huge property portfolio for the club to be sustainable years after he’s dead. That’s not even mentioning the brown paper bags.

If Laundy gives us even a quarter of what Politis has given the Chooks we will be in a very good position but given the age of Laundy I don’t think it’s fair to expect that much of him. Major sponsorship and helping us seal a deal with a player occasionally is probably what we can expect.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Arthur Laundy could be talked about in years to come in the same way we talk about the deeds of Peter Bullfrog Moore. His influences and business nous has already breathed significant positivity into the club and we are paving our way back to elite status.

2021 will be a stabilising year which should see us on the cusp of finals with 2022 marked as our biggest come back year since Haslers mismanagement.

The club is one of the biggest in the country, it’s unsurprising they are financially capable and are able to attract talent. I don’t really care about conspiracy theories, all clubs have a way to negotiate with players and those terms are private... all media reports are pure speculation. As a fan, we are on the up and that’s all that matters.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Laundy's financial contribution...
2020........Zero
2021........$500k front jersey sponsor, my opinion half of what it is worth.
2022........$500k front jersey sponsor, I think it's not confirmed
Okay didn't realise the jersey thing was done and dusted.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 20083

Thommo on that Laundy money now.

Barrett has been given alot of praise for the continued roster overhaul (and rightly so), but my belief is that Arthur Laundy and son may be an even bigger contributor to getting the signatures on the board.
I dont have inside knowledge regarding player salaries but the reported figures of our recent signings is at or below market value. I can only imagine that a hands on approach from people in the money and sage financial advice from the Laundy's has gone a long way to securing quality players at reasonable prices.
Dont need to explain the knock on effect of value for money signings but if we continue in this fashion we will be a force again before too long.

Hip hip hooray for the Laundy's we should be thankful that we have had some outside influence with the best interest of our club at heart, step up and make a commitment to growth and success.

We have been paying overs for years, I dont want to elaborate or insult players but we have been taken for a ride for quite a few years now.
Well strap in kennelers because we are the club thats about to start riding this competition once again.

Extra praise for stepping up when we needed it the most and not waiting until we turned the corner and jumping on the band wagon.
Well said... Cheers to that :hearteyes:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A summer of exposure to uv 13+ can only make the man harder which makes me harder.
The length of suspension is dubious hopefully he comes back hungry
Just quietly I wouldn’t tell him about that harder part of yours to his face, he may just bitch slap you with that cigar he’s about to light up lol

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything and everyone are of importance to the success of the club...
Let's just say...We should never burn our bridges !
But things are sensitive and aren't what they seem to be !
When (roughly) do you think we can know more? (A week, a month, half a year?)
And, will we actually be told the truth or will this only remain inside knowledge?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rothfield, Kent and co. always stick the boot into the club whenever we change or lose a sponsor and don't immediately replace them and so a visible sponsor in the Laundys should at least shut them up for a while

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
something about that photo makes me think he's never had a cigar in his life

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats my take on things mate and some may be critical that they have been too vocal with talk of walking away if there were board and/or coaching changes. But the continued commitment speaks volumes.
I think most of all they want to maintain an inside influence because they have confidence they can effect positive change.
I spoke directly to Arthur, who I have known since the late 70s. He is serious about not wanting to be involved if certain cliques get their way at the Dogs.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I spoke directly to Arthur, who I have known since the late 70s. He is serious about not wanting to be involved if certain cliques get their way at the Dogs.
This sounds good tbh either way it will mean stability if Arthur gets his way