'On ice': Hamstring injury has Turbo cooling his jets until round four

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well at least he has Foran to keep him company in the physio room

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I like Turbo but it’s still suck shit Manly!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s the big deal about the running race on the street with a fan? Fan engagement is a good thing

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Manly could play Schuster at fullback and have others like Funa look to drop back and take harder kick returns

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly could play Schuster at fullback and have others like Funa look to drop back and take harder kick returns
Isn't Schuster a bit big for fullback? He's a very good player, just not sure Des puts him there. He'll probably put Reuben Garrick or even Walker there instead. You know Des likes to play it safe.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slipped on the bathroom tiles and tore hamstring ....ok

More like on the tiles Saturday night and tore it racing
I was suspicious too. Having torn/stretched my hamstrings in the past, I know that if I haven't had a proper warm up and I try to go all out then they will at the very least twinge.

In saying that you can't hide a tear, the limp is immediate. The question is was he limping straight after running The Manly Gift.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta love the Betoota guys...

Wests Tigers Offer Man Who Outsprinted Tommy Turbo In Grainy Footage An $800,000 Contract

As the NRL season rolls ever closer, the Wests Tigers have once again thrown a big-money contract offer down on the table.

The club that has a mortgage on the 9th spot on the ladder, has reportedly reached out to the bloke who beat Tommy Turbo in a footrace, to dangle a huge carrot.

“Sources are telling me that an $800,000 a season offer has been made to the young man,” said some Daily Tele journo a short time ago.

The relatively unheralded player burst into the spotlight today, after lighting up the Manly Corso over the weekend.

In some grainy footage that has surfaced on news websites and social media, the exciting talent torches the Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic over a decent enough sprint.

While the incident has unfortunately resulted in Tommy T doing his hammy – which was previously blamed on an ‘unfortunate shower incident’ – it means his opponent might have struck gold.

The young man has yet to respond to the offer but it’s believed he will inevitably sign for another club for less money.

More to come.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic has suffered a pre-season training mishap and scans have revealed a grade-two tear to his right hamstring, meaning he will be unavailable until at least round four.

The Sea Eagles, who will have a trial on Sunday against Wests Tigers, issued a statement on Monday to say this latest injury to his right hamstring is a new one and is not related to previous problems to his left hamstring.

"I’m devasted by what’s happened. I will be working hard with the rehab team to get the hamstring right," Trbojevic said.

When asked by told NRL.com at the Fox League launch on Thursday, Trbojevic was cautious about the start of the season, saying he would "stay on ice" for the trial this weekend.

With Manase Fainu sidelined, Kieran Foran returning and Josh Schuster on the rise plus playmakers Lachie Croker and Cade Cust showing positive signs last year, who takes over the dummy-half duties and who partners Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves will have a big bearing on Manly's success this season.

"I'm not too sure yet (what the spine will look like), there's still a bit of time," Trbojevic added.

"It's lucky we've got options. Obviously hooker's going to be an interesting one, you've got Lachie Croker training well there. It will be interesting.

"It's good to have options and I think we've got that in abundance so we'll keep training for a few weeks, get everyone some footy then we can really see how we go.

"There's always optimism this time of year. Everyone's training well, everyone's fit, that's all you can ask for. We're a month away from footy so we're all keen and ripping in."

Trbojevic was just making his way into first grade as a winger in Foran's last year at Manly in 2015 and is relishing the chance to reunite with the 2011 premiership winner.

"It's pretty awesome having him back. He's a club legend. He fits the maroon and white so it's good to have him," he said.

Wow so much money in a injury prone player AND he is signed for (so the media say) $1M a season until 2026! I guess they will find a way to medically retire him before the contract ends.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Suck shit Des

Manly's cap is a mess between Foranevic, Tolmanevic & Dudley Cherry-Evans they are cooked.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des has named Morgan Harper as his replacement....
He played well in the centres for them. Fullback is a lot of responsibility but it will be interesting to see how he handles it.

Then again, Des loves mind games and Walker isn't named in that trial team so who knows if Harper will actually start there or the centres come round 1.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like Tommy T, but he is just one of those super injury prone guys. Sucks having someone like that on your books.
Especially at the $$$$ he is on!!
Major issues with the cap if significant time is spent on the sidelines...Foran comes to mind.. :rage:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Wow so much money in a injury prone player AND he is signed for (so the media say) $1M a season until 2026! I guess they will find a way to medically retire him before the contract ends.
Some teams aren't as fortunate as Souths in that respect though.