Oliver Gildart

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he comes, great, but won't Averillo get squeezed out?

1. Hopoate
2. Meaney
3. Gildart
4. Cotric
5. DWZ

Reimis Smith, Kerrod Holland, Marcelo Montoya and Christian Chricton are done at the club. Can't see Averillo go to Five Eighth either... especially with Foran resigning and us chasing Burton.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he comes, great, but won't Averillo get squeezed out?

1. Hopoate
2. Meaney
3. Gildart
4. Cotric
5. DWZ

Reimis Smith, Kerrod Holland, Marcelo Montoya and Christian Chricton are done at the club. Can't see Averillo go to Five Eighth either... especially with Foran resigning and us chasing Burton.
If Gildart comes, Averillo has to make it at 6, if Burton comes then you'd hope Averillo shows enough to get a crack at the halfback sport, or he is groomed to takeover the fullback spot and you push Hopoate or Gildart to the wing.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Gildart and Cotric are the centres then Averillo will share the 5/8 spot with Foran which would be ideal IMO for 2021. We still need a 7 who can bring it all together though.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But we don't know that yet... He keeps getting played in the centres and why his not tried at 6 or at FB is quite stupid considering if Gildart comes we have 3 definite centres unless Hoppa plays FB.

If he does become a 6, do you still chase Burton? What then of Wakeham?
All I know is Averillo is a special talent and a local junior, that’s the daily double.

He is wasted in the centre’s/wing where he’s played this year but in his 5 seconds in the halves, he created a try with that deft kick against the cowboys.

I stand firm he’s a #6, #7 or a #1.

The club is trying to give Wakeham and Lewis every chance possible to shine, it’s not sure where it stands on Foran and that leaves Averillo in role he’s not traditionally used to, but talented enough to still look dangerous.

I hope Georgallis gives him a crack in one of the preferred spine positions.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
watched the highlights, very impressed. Great speed , hits a great line and has the gidley pass to go without.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolute weapon..probably should have got him over Cotric.. lol

Really need to find a spot for avo before we start signing people really..
Avo should be given a shot at number 6

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that The Gildart signing doesn't make sense if we are chasing Burton. You'd have to be thinking that they want Averillo in there somewhere?
Could they be planning to cut hoppa loose? Which I'm down for.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All I know is Averillo is a special talent and a local junior, that’s the daily double.

He is wasted in the centre’s/wing where he’s played this year but in his 5 seconds in the halves, he created a try with that deft kick against the cowboys.

I stand firm he’s a #6, #7 or a #1.

The club is trying to give Wakeham and Lewis every chance possible to shine, it’s not sure where it stands on Foran and that leaves Averillo in role he’s not traditionally used to, but talented enough to still look dangerous.

I hope Georgallis gives him a crack in one of the preferred spine positions.
I agree with everything you said. But add that maybe the coach has been told to give the Lewis and Wakeham to see if they can make it? As in my opionion Wakeham hasn’t stood out. And Foran we all know can play. When on the field. See if his body can hold up

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Gildart and Cotric are the centres then Averillo will share the 5/8 spot with Foran which would be ideal IMO for 2021. We still need a 7 who can bring it all together though.
Makes sense. Bring in a young gun 7 with big potential rather than an expensive established 7 as there aren't any great ones available. Avo can be utility when Foran is fit and back up 5/8 when Foran no doubt gets injured again if he stays. Avo to be Foran's understudy in pre season training.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Makes sense. Bring in a young gun 7 with big potential rather than an expensive established 7 as there aren't any great ones available. Avo can be utility when Foran is fit and back up 5/8 when Foran no doubt gets injured again if he stays. Avo to be Foran's understudy in pre season training.
I agree but I believe we also have Bailey biondo-odo , we need forwards. And Avo as a five eight. I hope we keep both

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that The Gildart signing doesn't make sense if we are chasing Burton. You'd have to be thinking that they want Averillo in there somewhere?
Could they be planning to cut hoppa loose? Which I'm down for.
Avo 6, Burton 7 could work. Everyone harps on long range kicking game but if our forwards aren't shit and our line speed is good then that aspect of kicking can be negated

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Avo 6, Burton 7 could work. Everyone harps on long range kicking game but if our forwards aren't shit and our line speed is good then that aspect of kicking can be negated
What I’m hoping for. If not avo 1. Foran 6?

Maybe Albert hoppa 1?

Either way Burton is a MUST! As is a hooker. Clarke hopefully!!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree mate I’m tired of hearing that. We should be aiming to finish our sets in a better position instead of deep in our half relying on a huge kick most sets.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need a big bastard at prop

You can sign all the speed you like in the backing

Fact of matter our forwards are powder puffs bar thomo and toomaga.

We need a couple of big bastards

Walmesly and Russell packer

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id like to think foz is 6 and burton 7 and averillo is on bench and takes foz spot when he is injured

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Oliver Terrance Gildart is an English professional rugby league footballer who plays as a centre for the Wigan Warriors in the Betfred Super League, and has played for England and Great Britain at international level.
I'm not convinced by this guy. Most of his highlights involve plays where he was given ball in space, rather than him creating much. Happy to be proven wrong.