Opinion Okunbor

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He actually has decent speed. If he gets into space he could be like David Fifita

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knockonbor will likely hold his spot until Kikau returns

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor wasn’t and never will be winger, the decision by CC to bring him into the middle third has turned him into a decent footballer. Hopefully people can put their hate for this bloke aside and get behind his development. As some on here love to say, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it takes integrity to admit your opinion is wrong. Keep working Jayden.
Wishful thinking here , a lot have one track minds once they hate theres no going back!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He had 7 runs for 53m but people are saying he gives us “good go forward”

Am I missing something lol?
Funny how not a single person has answered you on this. No idea what go forward they think he has, shirt grabbing skirt in defence. Basically just filling a jersey

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
you better watch again mate he did more than run straight
He did something every other player in the comp would have and could have done and as a former winger you’d hope he could score from 10m out with the space he had lmao . Good on him but it doesn’t mean he’s decent or improved.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bloke needs more mongrel I think he could fold players but he doesn’t realise he can.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did something every other player in the comp would have and could have done and as a former winger you’d hope he could score from 10m out with the space he had lmao . Good on him but it doesn’t mean he’s decent or improved.
Not what I said so go watch it and see your mistake!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's had some good games as a winger and some nice touches as a bench second rower. His weaknesses as a winger are mostly negated as a second rower. He's not the best in that position by a long shot. But he's done pretty well. Given a bit more time there he might finally repay the faith the club has shown in him.

For those who are spitting vinegar about him being in the team, it's pointless if the coach is happy with the way he's performing.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like what Cameron Ciraldo is doing with Jayden. He can contest the high ball in the middle of the park and I have actually seen him when pissed off hit and hurt opposition players. Speed in the middle is very useful, at 196 cm and weighing in at 108 kilos from what I have seen thus far developing well off the bench.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has absolutely NO excuse not to perform to minimum standards given he's a 3 to 4 year first grader (Alleged). Taking his past injuries into consideration, I agree he is gaining the psychological confidence instilled in him by coaching staff and by his own belief. He's a big unit and can be destructive as he sometimes shows. Totally up to the grey matter if any in that sometimes vacuum between his ears.

Last edited:

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okunbor could have sulked and thrown in the towel during preseason.

Instead he decided to work hard, put on size and adapted to the requirements of the team.

It’s paid a dividend this week, totally deserved to have scored. He is getting better every week.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He had 7 runs for 53m but people are saying he gives us “good go forward”

Am I missing something lol?
Waddell had 9 runs for 63 metres, 21 tackles & 7 missed tackles.
Okunbor had 7 runs for 52 metres, 19 tackles & 0 missed tackles.

Okunbor is improving at a quick rate playing in the forwards for the first time this season. Waddell is getting worse & has been shit for years.

Okunbor should be in the team for his better defense alone.