Opinion Okunbor

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a good try. Not going to get to excited about dreads lol. But that effort got the Points.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he should be our right edge backrower over Waddell. Has been running good lines is a good kick option like nanai and who would of thought a game breaker.
Nah.

ATM I think Okunbor is best suited coming off the bench at about the 20min mark.

Maybe in the future but right now I think he plays a role perfectly suited to him.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone can teach him how to tackle he’d be a sensation. teach him to bend and hit the opponent in the middfift. Instead just grabbing guernsy.
With his size I feel like with the right training and effort from Okunbor he could be a Shaun Lane clone maybe without the offloads

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If someone can teach him how to tackle he’d be a sensation. teach him to bend and hit the opponent in the middfift. Instead just grabbing guernsy.
He is learning and improving.

He came to us as a 2nd Rower but a succession of coaches tried to turn him into a winger.

He needs to unlearn how to be a winger and become a 2nd rower.

On the way but not there yet, improving every week and that is all we can ask for.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will do it once and snap a guy in half and then realise it’s not that hard.

I’m surprised he hasn’t broken finger and damaged his wrist.

amazingly he does appear to be a work in progress!!!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Campbell just further highlighted how much of a defensive liability he is.

him and Tpj were clutching at air.

it was the same when he was a winger. He’d have good games but he couldn’t catch or defend.

he was good today, but next time we play, he’d drop the ball or put up some jersey grabbing defensive effort.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sorry I still can't see him progressing to deserving regular f/g player.

Thrilled for him and CC if he does but he isn't aggressive enough, on and off the ball, to be any more than a stop gap cameo at this stage.

Be great if he does eventually become what CC wants tho as he is a junior.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He just needs a good fend and he could be our next Jamal Idris haha

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo's obviously seeing promise in some players that isn't always obvious.

Can't believe we're trying to pick between Okunbor and Waddell on the edge. Neither can drive a decent shoulder into an attacker. No jersey grabbers on the edge please!

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is learning and improving.

He came to us as a 2nd Rower but a succession of coaches tried to turn him into a winger.

He needs to unlearn how to be a winger and become a 2nd rower.

On the way but not there yet, improving every week and that is all we can ask for.
You are right. If you watched him carefully today he is actually using his body a little bit more in tackles - work in progress, not sure why he can't be taught how to tackle as a forward in 1 week by our coaching staff (he is actually a reasonably intelligent guy), but baby steps will have to do for now.