Okunbor

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big for nothing cat
Best desciption I've heard of Knockonbur. Nothing annoys me more than players that are big but play like cats (T-Rex being the other)
Imagine if Corey Thompson had his physique - he'd the best winger in the NRL
Look at the way Kiraz plays, with no fear, and then at how this clown plays. Why does he always look scared? Dude is probably scared of his own shadow

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No team can have players who refuse to run the ball. Averillo n Flanagan are either too scared of contact or lazy. The dogs play with 11 in attack when they are on the field together.
No team can have constant error and mistake riddled, low effort players.

Oki, Avo, Duffit, Stimson, Waddle absolute handbrakes on any improvement in this team and JMK and Flanno next to be replaced asap they find an able bodied, fit male to replace them....anyone fitting that description will do.

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Best desciption I've heard of Knockonbur. Nothing annoys me more than players that are big but play like cats (T-Rex being the other)
Imagine if Corey Thompson had his physique - he'd the best winger in the NRL
Look at the way Kiraz plays, with no fear, and then at how this clown plays. Why does he always look scared? Dude is probably scared of his own shadow
"Why does he always look scared?"

LMAO this is the comment I didn't know needed to be made. So accurate.

I still remember the game where he trampled Cameron Smith twice and everyone thought he was a beast. I think he was as surprised as everyone else and at the end of the day it was only Smith, not someone like Tallis.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Why does he always look scared?"

LMAO this is the comment I didn't know needed to be made. So accurate.

I still remember the game where he trampled Cameron Smith twice and everyone thought he was a beast. I think he was as surprised as everyone else and at the end of the day it was only Smith, not someone like Tallis.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Earlier this year I was absolutely giving it to Okonbor.

I was actually reasonably happy with his performance tonight.
Given the slippery conditions I thought he might struggle.
But to his credit he held onto the ball fairly well.
Raise the bar on your expectations buddy, this is the NRL.

The guy even on a dry track can't break his way out of a paper bag. He gets dragged back most times running the ball out. Kiraz made him look like a reserve grader and that's exactly what he is at best. I'll put my balls on the line here and say knockon ball has maximum one year remaining in the nrl.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Earlier this year I was absolutely giving it to Okonbor.

I was actually reasonably happy with his performance tonight.
Given the slippery conditions I thought he might struggle.
But to his credit he held onto the ball fairly well.
I agree with his game last night. He did well. However, last night showed that the Tigers were always going to target the Bulldogs on the left wing of the field - right where Okunbor is. I think it was last year and a few commentators mentioned our weakness on our right wing was and how other sides were finding the weakness. Last night was no different. At times he can play well, but when other teams go wide and he drifts in the tackle someone else, the opposition throw a cut out pass and it’s try time. They need a backs coach to teach him some of those weaknesses and turn them in strengths. At times he can do good things, but at other times….

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aside from JAC he is the next best wing option. He needs to lower his running action to stop getting driven back though, And hit the line like he would a barber

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
He was solid tonight. But of course the kennel will be the kennel and blame him
for the ineptitude of the derps inside him. Had to defend outside Schoupp last year and Avo this year. Poor bastard.
Really did you watch the game have you ever played rugby league

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesnt get involved enough... Really needs a good coach to tap into his talent. At 20 i wouldnt even think about giving up on him.
I cannot agree at all.

At 21-22 Averillo has played in excess of 40 first grade games. More than enough games to show something. Never in that time has he looked a first grader.

I’m not saying give up on him as a person or a player. But that player needs to be on a development or train and trial deal. We cannot waste top 30 spot on a player that has never shown anything more than potential.

The days of our club being satisfied with mediocrity needs to stop. We currently have multiple players in our starting team that wouldn’t make any other top 30 squads let alone run on teams. Averillo and the whole right side from last night fit that category.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I used to cope by telling myself that even if he is our biggest defensive liability, at least he will bring strong carries out of our end and help us make metres ("remember when he ran over Cameron Smith? twice?!")

But he isn't making us any metres. In Friday's game, where we struggled to gain territory, he had 8 runs for 53 metres, and only 21 post contact metres. It hurts the whole set of six if a winger coming out of their end gets a slow play-the-ball and/or gets pushed backwards and loses metres. He looks like plays on auto-pilot out there on the field, and really doesn't appear to be fighting for his spot in first grade. Give him Brian To'o's brain, and he would be devastating. Instead, he hasn't shown any improvement in either his attack or defence in... three or four seasons now?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cannot agree at all.

At 21-22 Averillo has played in excess of 40 first grade games. More than enough games to show something. Never in that time has he looked a first grader.

I’m not saying give up on him as a person or a player. But that player needs to be on a development or train and trial deal. We cannot waste top 30 spot on a player that has never shown anything more than potential.

The days of our club being satisfied with mediocrity needs to stop. We currently have multiple players in our starting team that wouldn’t make any other top 30 squads let alone run on teams. Averillo and the whole right side from last night fit that category.
I cant argue with that... Persisting with him in first grade doesnt make sense at all if he is not in form so he should be playing reserve grade until he can somewhat recapture some confidence and get back to being involved in some of the good footy he has already displayed.

Reactions: CMP

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Really did you watch the game have you ever played rugby league
Uhhh hello. I PLAYED in the game. So I think I know a bit more than you armchair experts.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Filling the Equal Employee Oppurtunity program quota with knockondumdum
Equal Employee Opportunity Programme quota means you have to have one retard per company? Why have we been so generous and added half a dozen?