OKUNBOR

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
hopefully develops into a centre or backrower.
Hestarted as a centre, but coudnt or wouldnt defend, went to backrow - same problem - couldnt adjust to players running at him and having to make decsisions, then was moved to middle forward - was a defensive liability, arm grabbing etc so he was moved to the wing where he has been more suited - doesent have to make as many defensive decisions and can use his size in backfield.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs to develop a fend or sidestep cause he can get into the clear when left one on one in attack

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually think he could be that strike edge player we are missing . Played mainly in this role coming through the grades
This is true. Perhaps thats where his future lies, and with his ACL injury, perhaps he was able to bulk up his upper body. But i want to see him on the wing for now.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a lot of people give this guy praise, I know he had that one game where Cameron Smith didn't want to tackle him twice for some reason, but the way he defends his wing is what I remember from him and that's not at all by the way!

What pisses me off the most is the blank look on his face after he would let in a try, like he didn't understand what happened....

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a good thing to have someone at the club who could teach him how to defend? You know? Like a defensive coach or something!

Where is our player development? He has had these problems all the way through, why hasn't it been dealt with?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You mean that LEGAL STUNT they pulled wich resulted in them being reinstated and ALLOWED TO PLAY.
Talk about jumping the GUN.
Yeah if I was in charge I would’ve sacked Okunbor too.

Highly paid grown men just had to go out to Port Mac for a few days and at least pretend to promote the game and the club but all they could manage was to fire up the Tinder account and chase hood rat school girls.

Reputation damage, $2M lost in sponsorship, betrayal of your teammates and staff. Nothing but a legal stunt.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If he could defence then would be a very good prop in today's game. Not against re-signing him for a season and seeing how he bounces back from his ACL, not much risk involved and we have to fill the roster.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah if I was in charge I would’ve sacked Okunbor too.

Highly paid grown men just had to go out to Port Mac for a few days and at least pretend to promote the game and the club but all they could manage was to fire up the Tinder account and chase hood rat school girls.

Reputation damage, $2M lost in sponsorship, betrayal of your teammates and staff. Nothing but a legal stunt.
Like you said hood rat school girls but wait one was a school teacher lol

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are you concerned about his hair? Sounds like you want to finger his bum
Yea I could see where you got that idea :neutral: just saying it’s a shit hair cut what are you his mother?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Give him a run once he is back to see where he is at. As much as we will have JAC, Cotric, Naden, and DWZ as wingers or possible wingers, if Okunbor plays well enough he is at worst a decent injury backup, at best good enough to push someone back to reggies and therefore keep the pressure on those starting.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a good thing to have someone at the club who could teach him how to defend? You know? Like a defensive coach or something!

Where is our player development? He has had these problems all the way through, why hasn't it been dealt with?
I dare say that you would find it difficult to turn on a dime if you were almost 2m tall!!!