Opinion Okunbor

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It goes to show how important good wingers are in today’s game. Especially starting our sets I thought he and dwz were awesome with some very strong carries

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did well and is definitely a target for our kicks. Don't know why we went to DWZ wing all second half.

Needs to learn how to carry the ball left handed though. A few of his breaks I thought he could have taken on the full back with a step and fend but wasn't carrying ball properly. He's definitely strong enough and fast enough to do it.
I think those kicks were meant more for Smith than DWZ.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I can't confidently say we could fit CHN in the 2020 cap. We brought Thompson in early and signed Lafai (before a decision was made at least publicly about Okunbor and CHN). It's possible we spent CHN's salary cap. There is also a clause where both parties can't speak about the situation, which is a little sus to me. CHN's instagram post recently is also interesting. It was a fuming face in regards to Okunbor at training, why?
Thompson is on very little this season, and Lafai also on minimum, plus both of them came over for only a fraction of the season.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some one needs to sit Okenbur down and have a word with him.
he doesn’t realise how big and powerful he really is. He second guesses himself and doesn’t take on defenders when he is in the clear. If Okenbur had a bigger ticker he’d be a wrecking machine.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I can't confidently say we could fit CHN in the 2020 cap. We brought Thompson in early and signed Lafai (before a decision was made at least publicly about Okunbor and CHN). It's possible we spent CHN's salary cap. There is also a clause where both parties can't speak about the situation, which is a little sus to me. CHN's instagram post recently is also interesting. It was a fuming face in regards to Okunbor at training, why?
Lafai's cap space was a trade for Harper's

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference is this Okunbor is playing with heart and passion for the jersey and his team mates plus us fans ... compared to last few years, he is owning up for his mistake and trying to make up for it by playing well for the club he loves ... good on him I say, the bulldogs will benefit from him playing like this and hopefully gets better! Up the DOGGIESSSSSSSSSSSS

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some one needs to sit Okenbur down and have a word with him.
he doesn’t realise how big and powerful he really is. He second guesses himself and doesn’t take on defenders when he is in the clear. If Okenbur had a bigger ticker he’d be a wrecking machine.
He's not afraid of a collision, I just think he's scared of getting pushed into touch.. imo, so many of our players lack confidence due the constant changes in the squad..

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was outstanding tonight, especially those hard runs from our own end..
I would have liked to see Meanie playing tonight because if had been in support when Okunbor made those breaks we may have seen some spectacular trys scored but I'm over the moon with the win and congratulations to the boys, I was very impressed with Thompson tonight I thought he had a blinder.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I would have liked to see Meanie playing tonight because if had been in support when Okunbor made those breaks we may have seen some spectacular trys scored but I'm over the moon with the win and congratulations to the boys, I was very impressed with Thompson tonight I thought he had a blinder.
It looked he was saying I'm an England International frontrower...play me in my correct position.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good to see him back! Him and chn were my favourites! Okunbor definately our most effective winger! Hopefully he keeps it up!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The difference is this Okunbor is playing with heart and passion for the jersey and his team mates plus us fans ... compared to last few years, he is owning up for his mistake and trying to make up for it by playing well for the club he loves ... good on him I say, the bulldogs will benefit from him playing like this and hopefully gets better! Up the DOGGIESSSSSSSSSSSS
I feel that he has more than made up for his mistake by taking responsibility and working his way back into the squad. Really happy for him.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you interpreted the emoji wrong bro...in his insta story he calls Okunbor a beast.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you interpreted the emoji wrong bro...in his insta story he calls Okunbor a beast.
That's possible.

I know people are saying Thompson isn't on much and Lafai is on minimum wage but we actually don't know (no reports to go off at least). There is a scenario Thompson's on ~500k for this year and Lafai is on slightly more than minimum wage, e.g. 300k. If the numbers were around that could we of kept CHN, not sure.

I'm happy we've kept Elliott (possibly over CHN) anyways.

I'll be honest, I wasn't fussed over Okunbor, but he's killed it the last two weeks.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
His return has been a breath of fresh air through the squad.