Opinion Okunbor

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He had some great runs and has the potential to be a good winger.

But his defensive reads and rushing in created two tries for Souths tonight and is a recurring problem for him.

If he wants to start in FG next season, Barrett and the assistants need to work on his defence and catching bombs all offseason. If he works on that, then he can be a very good winger. Until then, it's going to be a roller-coaster ride every time he plays.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His issue has always been under the high ball, he sorts that out and becomes a consistent threat attacking a kick in the opp half going forward and we have a player

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah we need to stick with him I think. He has a lot of work to do in defence but his size gives us an absolute weapon in the air on that side of the field, and his kick returns are strong.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
236m what a great effort. He's doing his best to make it up to the club and fans unlike the other guy who ran away.
I'm not sure. I can't confidently say we could fit CHN in the 2020 cap. We brought Thompson in early and signed Lafai (before a decision was made at least publicly about Okunbor and CHN). It's possible we spent CHN's salary cap. There is also a clause where both parties can't speak about the situation, which is a little sus to me. CHN's instagram post recently is also interesting. It was a fuming face in regards to Okunbor at training, why?

jammac

New Pup
Reaction score
Did well and is definitely a target for our kicks. Don't know why we went to DWZ wing all second half.

Needs to learn how to carry the ball left handed though. A few of his breaks I thought he could have taken on the full back with a step and fend but wasn't carrying ball properly. He's definitely strong enough and fast enough to do it.

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I do t think the rushing in is specifically of his own doing

If you look back over the years it seems that our system is geared to rush in and out pressure and shut down the play

The problem is the boys hardly get it right and leads to a centre or winger against three men hence leading to a try

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to give SG credit too, his selection particularly back 5 was smart

Big, strong lads to help the forwards out with tough carries off our line which something Meaney can’t do

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Enjoyed his game tonight he looked good every time he had the ball. Congrats to Jayden and the Boys

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah we need to stick with him I think. He has a lot of work to do in defence but his size gives us an absolute weapon in the air on that side of the field, and his kick returns are strong.
He needs to tweak his running style to be more effective in open play. His carries from our end are absolutely huge, but when he's in space he lacks that bit of elusiveness to score those tries other wingers will nail.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I can't confidently say we could fit CHN in the 2020 cap. We brought Thompson in early and signed Lafai (before a decision was made at least publicly about Okunbor and CHN). It's possible we spent CHN's salary cap. There is also a clause where both parties can't speak about the situation, which is a little sus to me. CHN's instagram post recently is also interesting. It was a fuming face in regards to Okunbor at training, why?
It’s not always a fuming face it’s also used as a “go get em” kind of emoji