Opinion Okunbor

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okunbor started as a centre, was moved to the forwards because he couldn't or wouldn't defend on the edge. That didn't work so he was moved to wing. He has some good carries from the backfield but has struggled defensivelly, handling and he takes forever to get to speed. As with all dogs juniors he has not had access to the quality coaching that has been available at most other clubs. Maybe the new regime can make the difference with him n others.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So disappointing for Okunbur with his injury yesterday. Has played well since he returned. Being out with this injury for 6 to 9 months is sad for him. Wish him well

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Terrible luck for Okunbur. I wish him the best with his rehab.

Does anyone know if RFM's injury is serious or not?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Likewise. Im shattered he will miss an off-season. Maybe he will come back with massive guns so that hecan palm people off with ease instead of just running over the top of them. Lol
Fingers crossed, but have to say that RFM is definitely one of my new favourite doggies at the moment, he will carve up next year too and get plenty of tries with some new team mates around him.. bring on 2021..!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fingers crossed, but have to say that RFM is definitely one of my new favourite doggies at the moment, he will carve up next year too and get plenty of tries with some new team mates around him.. bring on 2021..!!!
He is one of mine too.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
There is a good reason why Okenbor gets shit Canned here on the kennel.

Racism.
Mate I strongly disagree with that statement. Nobody cops more shit on the forum than Lewis does....and he is white. Race has nothing to do with it. People bag him because he's crap.

The criticism with Okunbor revolves around his footy, not the colour of his skin. I'm not saying it doesnt happen with some people but I'm sure most people on TK criticise Okunbor because he has butter fingers, crap defense and he's scared of contact. In saying that, since he's been back, he's actually been quite good

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
There is a good reason why Okenbor gets shit Canned here on the kennel.

Racism.
You’re pathetic. Will you also accuse me of being racist to you?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All the best to him for his recovery.

Pretty thin on options next year on the wing but we'll see what the next few months might bring, hopefully a signing or two.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re pathetic. Will you also accuse me of being racist to you?
Yes 100%
I get a lot of racism to me at the kennel.

I'm ok with it though. To me racism is ok, people don't like things based on all sorts of dumb reasons, so why can't race be the same?
People give too much power to racial words which means they control you.

If I was an Nrl player, I'd be whispering in black players ears things like 'you're so black, I know you stole my bike' and things like that.
It would put them off massively and you'd gain a psychological edge on your opponent. They are conditioned to go berserk at racism comments.Just don't let the cameras catch you.

Racism only gets to be a problem when you kill them for their beliefs or hurt etc.
Like al Shaba an in the Nairobi shopping centre when they killed those who couldn't recite the Koran. No good.