News Okunbor facing 1 week on sidelines

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just when I was warming to the idea of him as a forward in the NRL. Should never start wing again but is useful to have on the bench.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly right... Its a pussy way to tackle and it should be eradicated out of the game.
I saw no intention whatsoever in what he did. That’s what I can’t understand with most of the chat on this type of tackle. When a player swings around the body of the guy he’s tackling and lands on the back of his legs, sure that’s dodgy. But Ox (to me) was simply trying to get Lolo to ground, then slipped and dropped on his butt, which brought Lolo down awkwardly.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just when I was warming to the idea of him as a forward in the NRL. Should never start wing again but is useful to have on the bench.
He has been good as forward no doubt Kiraz as inspired…hard for him not to aim up with Kiraz runs and meters.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He shouldn't have to even fight it. It's clearly a situation where the tackled player got himself in that position by trying to twist around to escape the tackle. I was blowing up at the tv when he got 10 in the bin.
Same. There’s a fine line between eradicating a dangerous and intentional tackle and sin binning every tackle where a guy hurts his leg. Same as the crusher. Many times it’s simply accidental and unforeseeable. It should only be penalised when a player has hold from behind the ball carrier, then drops, thus putting a lot of weight and pressure on the neck. Thankfully they saw the Feldt one like that and played on.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a huge difference between intent (finunance) and accident (hipdrOkonbur). I couldn't believe they binned him for something that was clearly an accident and not intentional. Like all NRL rules there is no common sense brought into the situation, it's just shut up and cop it up the ass because we've decided to bring a new rule and we want to stamp our authority on it.

BTW i'd like to add that this is another storm special - cam smith was the master of late hip drops and crocodile rolls and finucane obviously now has it in his repertoire after many years playing besides the best ever.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw no intention whatsoever in what he did. That’s what I can’t understand with most of the chat on this type of tackle. When a player swings around the body of the guy he’s tackling and lands on the back of his legs, sure that’s dodgy. But Ox (to me) was simply trying to get Lolo to ground, then slipped and dropped on his butt, which brought Lolo down awkwardly.
He dropped his weight leading with the hip...No good.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
majority of these hip drop tackles are complete accidents which don't even deserve suspensions
I don't think Okunbor even knows what a 'hip drop' tackle is? Stupid rule!

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if there was intent or not. Still happened.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What's most interesting for me in this situation is that I'm concerned he might miss the rabbits game. Who would have thought that a couple of weeks ago?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't deserving of a penalty, sin bin or report...

How the fuck else do you tackle a bull like him trying to run through at full pace while people are hanging on to him?

Didn't know players could get hurt getting tackles in a full contact sport lmao

What's most interesting for me in this situation is that I'm concerned he might miss the rabbits game. Who would have thought that a couple of weeks ago?
Its not only that bro, people don't wanna see our players hard done by a stupid decisions he couldn't control

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isn't it wild the difference a few months makes. Last year everyone would have been cheering at the prospect of this bloke getting a ban and now we need him haha.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
LOL sorry I just wrote the exact same thing you already did haha. Always a bulldog.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hip drop tackles need to go. He hip dropped. Accident or not. Can't wait for it to tear an acl before suspending someone, needs to be prevented.