Jayden Okunbor

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know last week was his first game back but if he doesn't start running 10 times harder than that he'll only be a back up winger. Hope he's on close to minimum wage because that's exactly what he should be on.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I know last week was his first game back but if he doesn't start running 10 times harder than that he'll only be a back up winger. Hope he's on close to minimum wage because that's exactly what he should be on.
You seem to have such a high expectation for a fan. Would like to see you get out there on the field before you start demanding how much he should be earning and what he should be doing.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seem to have such a high expectation for a fan. Would like to see you get out there on the field before you start demanding how much he should be earning and what he should be doing.
Are you f..king serious. Are you his boyfriend or something ? Dude what do you think a forum is for ? It's for people to give their opinions. If we all have to play better than someone we criticise who plays for our club then you better never criticise anyone either. Do we have to be a better coach before we can criticise a coach ? You're an idiot.

Okunbor has been widely criticised on here ever since playing first grade for not running hard, for having poor hands and for making poor defensive reads. It's nothing new. Personally I think he has the size and potential talent to be in our starting side next year but I was very disappointed with his effort last weekend. As a winger it's his f..king job to start off sets well. Someone his size has a huge advantage but on the weekend (and often in games throughout his career so far) he gets pushed back and actually loses ground similar to Meaney sometimes. He should be able to run a bit harder and needs to if he wants to live up to his potential. He needs to be more like Idris when he played with us (who was about the same size).

Don't forget what he did with the schoolgirl thing and helped cost us 2M in lost sponsorship. He's just come back after a long long layoff. He's lucky the club did re-sign him and he should only surely be around minimum wage. He hasn't proven himself yet by any means.

This is my opinion and the opinion of many others on here I'm sure. If you don't like it block me, don't read any of my comments or any of the comments on here by any fan criticising any player and f..k right off.

Last edited:

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Are you his f..king brother or something ? Dude what do you think a forum is for ? It's for people to give their opinions. If we all have to play better than someone we criticise who plays for our club then you better never criticise anyone either. Do we have to be a better coach before we can criticise a coach ? You're an idiot.

Okunbor has been widely criticised on here ever since playing first grade for not running hard, for having poor hands and for making poor defensive reads. It's nothing new. Personally I think he has the size and potential talent to be in our starting side next year but I was very disappointed with his effort last weekend. As a winger it's his f..king job to start off sets well. Someone his size has a huge advantage but on the weekend (and often inn games throughout his career so far) he gets pushed back and actually loses ground similar to Meaney sometimes. He should be able to run a bit harder and needs to if he wants to live up to his potential. He needs to be more like Idris when he played with us who was about the same size.

Don't forget what he did with the schoolgirl thing and helped cost us 2M in lost sponsorship. He's just come back after a long long layoff. He's lkucky the club did re-sign him and if we did he should only surely be around minimum wage. He hasn't proven himself yet by any means.

This is my opinion and the opinion of many others on here I'm sure. If you don't like it bloc me, don't read it and f..k off.
Ok calm down. Didn’t mean for you to get this heated. All I was saying was that you put in such elaborate thoughts many a time, which I thought were a bit demanding of just a fan. As a fan you should not be criticising your players to that far of an extent. It’s not what a fan does. It’s not what the club is about.

I never said you have to be a better coach to criticise the coach. As a fan, you most likely do not know the inner working of the club like most do. This means that you should try to out yourselves in the clubs shoes, as well as the player, before saying such demanding statements like that.

I’m honestly sorry if that offended you to any extent.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok calm down. Didn’t mean for you to get this heated. All I was saying was that you put in such elaborate thoughts many a time, which I thought were a bit demanding of just a fan. As a fan you should not be criticising your players to that far of an extent. It’s not what a fan does. It’s not what the club is about.

I never said you have to be a better coach to criticise the coach. As a fan, you most likely do not know the inner working of the club like most do. This means that you should try to out yourselves in the clubs shoes, as well as the player, before saying such demanding statements like that.

I’m honestly sorry if that offended you to any extent.
No worries Artybulldog. My apologies also. If you read a lot of comments on here you'll always find many much worse than mine. Opinions are like arseholes they say - everyone has one. The way we're playing this year (coming last in the comp) I think the players deserve plenty of criticism. If we were playing great I wouldn't be criticising anyone. I'd be happy. I really think Okunbor has the natural ability to be a great winger but I also think he doesn't put in that 100% effort to take full advantage of his size. Napa doesn't either. It's meant to be constructive criticism. Us fans (I'm a member also) invest years of time, energy and money into supporting our team. Don't think because you're a fan only you don't have the right to speak up about the efforts of anyone at the club which represents us. Have a good night

Last edited:

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Local junior Jayden Okunbor commits to the Bulldogs for another two seasons
Authorbulldogs.com.auTimestampTue 20 Jul 2021, 11:55 AM
Share on social media
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are pleased to announce that the highly-rated local junior Jayden Okunbor has confirmed his commitment to the Club by re-signing for a further two years, keeping him at Belmore until the end of 2023.
The giant winger, who burst on to the scene in Round Three of the 2019 season with a try on debut, has come through the Bulldogs’ Junior Pathways system and played locally for the Milperra Colts.

Standing at 196 cm and weighing 108 kg, Jayden scored five tries in his first ten games in 2019, in addition to claiming the Steve Mortimer Award as Rookie of the Year.

This season has seen him recover from an ACL injury, and he returned to action against the Rabbitohs on Sunday night.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Aaron Warburton was pleased that another local junior had committed to staying at Belmore:
"Jayden is an outstanding talent who burst on to the scene in 2019 and was able to make his mark immediately.

Everyone remembers a barnstorming game against the Storm that season where he was able to run over the top of some great players and show the type of threat he is with the ball.
He has since worked hard on other aspects of his game and it was great to see him get back on to the field on Sunday night.
He is a destructive runner, who added to our other backline signings for next season, will create a great attacking threat in this competition.”
Seriously lets give him a chance first what do people on here want every player has to be a top player never going to happen when you have a salary cap .We a wish we can have them all .

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s fcuuuuking shiet
Pathetic
Even min wage is too much
Would rather of kept manu there
Feet for hands weak cat whom can’t make a tackle or read a play to save his life

big body??? He got smashed and driven back continuously last week

if his family member didn’t work high up at the dogs he would’ve been sacked ages ago

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s fcuuuuking shiet
Pathetic
Even min wage is too much
Would rather of kept manu there
Feet for hands weak cat whom can’t make a tackle or read a play to save his life

big body??? He got smashed and driven back continuously last week

if his family member didn’t work high up at the dogs he would’ve been sacked ages ago
I don't like that you're sitting on the fence. Can you tell us what you really think lol ...

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't like that you're sitting on the fence. Can you tell us what you really think lol ...
That's the finchie I mostly see...whether on point or not, just absolutely fucking bakes players..ps he thinks highly of you too lol

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schoupp:
131m off 16 runs, 11 tackles with 1 miss
Allen:
128m off 11 runs, 1 tackles with 3 misses
Knockonbur:
110m off 16 runs, 5 tackles with 2 misses

For someone whose big asset is metre gain, he’s behind the pack.

At least he did better than Turtle and Meaney

Allen made one lonely tackle and missed 3??? That’s awful

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need big men on the edge to counter the monsters other clubs are sending down our wing.
If Okunbor can develop some confidence, and realise the value of his size and weight, he could be just what we need.
Maybe we can bring him into the forwards in a few years time.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schoupp:
131m off 16 runs, 11 tackles with 1 miss
Allen:
128m off 11 runs, 1 tackles with 3 misses
Knockonbur:
110m off 16 runs, 5 tackles with 2 misses

For someone whose big asset is metre gain, he’s behind the pack.
The guy has been out of the game for so long. He himself admitted it that he forgot how physical it was and was taken by surprise. That must of took its toll on him. Let’s see how he goes this weekend.
At least he did better than Turtle and Meaney

Allen made one lonely tackle and missed 3??? That’s awful

Bigmous

on the loose
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has the potential to be in the starting side long term. People have short term memory loss or something, like what do you expect coming back from an acl injury. The off season will do him wonders.