Okunbor/CHN megathread

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats weak all the trouble when they can just sign addo carr and keep chn or trade him for another c***
Agree if that’s the case, but doesn’t make it not a possibility. Also by all reports JAC is headed to Souths so we can’t just say sign addo carr.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressed by Jaydens comments. Has taken full responsibility for his actions. Made no excuses. So often players fuck up and straight away blame someone else, alcohol, or blame it on mental health. He hasn't done that... I commend him. He has talent, he can be something special with the right coaching, right halves. Hope he stays and redeems himself.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was dirty on Okunbor but at least the kid has owned it.

My thoughts on him as a player have always been he’s big, strong, athletic, all things that can’t be taught. If taught the finer skills like defense and good decision makings then He could become something special. Young and worth a punt.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was dirty on Okunbor but at least the kid has owned it.

My thoughts on him as a player have always been he’s big, strong, athletic, all things that can’t be taught. If taught the finer skills like defense and good decision makings then He could become something special. Young and worth a punt.
*catching

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His kick reception had improved a lot towards the back end of the year in my opinion. And it wasn't him alone responsible for poor defence out wide. He's got plenty of upside to his game.
Genuinely hope so...I'm more referring to attack. Have watched a lot of CC and its an issue.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More talks next week after Barrett is confirmed?
Sounds positive to me..
Wouldn’t he have just cut the cord today if there was no doubt in his mind
It will take the appointment of a coach and a call meeting etc to convince him to stay
The reason why knockonbur is staying is no club wants to touch him

whereas as chn has up to 5 Incl tigers as of this arvo
Lawrence
Mcqueen
Packer
Chee kham
Marshall

all going
They have cash to splash

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You make a good point - if CHN is contracted beyond next year other clubs are not able to make offers. Or am I misunderstanding the nrl rules.
There’s rules for some clubs and rules for others
Surely u guys are aware of this by now

where do u think the line “its only illegal if you get caught” came from
Nrl!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knockonbur is woeful
I wish he left and chn stayed

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing in our favour with CHN is all the clubs chasing him are shithouse (like us). If the Roosters, Eels, Panthers or Storm were after him, then he might leave but the other teams, including the Raiders, are fringe top 8 sides (some might disagree but I'm not convinced the Raiders are a perennial top 4 side yet).
I think, or should I say hope, next year with a few smart recruitments and a new coach, we could be at the level of those other teams so it would be a sideways move for CHN. Better to stay here and be part of the rebuild

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The board needs to be up front about this, go to the NRL with all the media about other clubs being interested in CHN, and tell them to start handing out notices. If the NRL doesn't do anything than get on the front foot and hold a press conference with Lynn reading out the relevant law and issuing a hands off warning.

Not because that will actually work, but it will spin the media our way and make it harder for CHN to leave without us first getting something decent in exchange.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is under contract so should shut his sooking mouth and pitch in for the team mates he shat on earlier...simple
100% DT..
show us you are a man and not just a footballer

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Okunbors profile pic on Instagram is now of him in his bulldogs jersey, so he’s definately staying. Nothing on chn yet though, hopefully he stays.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN needs to call his mother and ask for her advice on what he should do. From the small amount I know of her she would tell him to own up to his mistakes, apologise and work hard to win back everyone’s respect. Then he needs to look his son in the eyes and tell him the same.

Go Dogs

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
simple just top Chn contract up surely worth it if debalin at 29 is fielding offer from the warriors and not havent played in like 2 years