Okunbor/CHN megathread

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't get my insider on the phone. This could mean he's not privy to it and working, or it's still going on. Or he's just general busy etc. or doesn't want to talk to me.
Apparently lifelines phones are out.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't get my insider on the phone. This could mean he's not privy to it and working, or it's still going on. Or he's just general busy etc. or doesn't want to talk to me.
Or maybe it’s because you are a lying dumb ****!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How desperate do you have to be to ask Butt Rottfield for his "gut feel" (I just vomited a little in my mouth).

Note he isn't even across the statement by OK.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More talks next week after Barrett is confirmed?
Sounds positive to me..
Wouldn’t he have just cut the cord today if there was no doubt in his mind
Probably waiting for the Raiders to show him the money or waiting for the highest bidder.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably waiting for the Raiders to show him the money or waiting for the highest bidder.
No one gets to throw any money offers out unless we agree and it’s with someone where we get a player in return.

He either plays or someone comes to the table with a good hooker. No other option.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one gets to throw any money offers out unless we agree and it’s with someone where we get a player in return.

He either plays or someone comes to the table with a good hooker. No other option.
You make a good point - if CHN is contracted beyond next year other clubs are not able to make offers. Or am I misunderstanding the nrl rules.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got a feeling we in discussion in releasing CHN to the raiders and they was willing to pull the offer for cotric and we could possibly get a player swap that way idk all seems a little fishy how we still haven’t officially heard anything regarding both players.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You've mentioned the "bottled" thing before, and its mostly unfair. As you say the whole thing doesn't happen if he follows at least one simple instruction. However filthy he is at the club, he ought to be even more filthy at himself, and if he isn't (at this point we still don't know for certain), he should rack off.

The club does group and individual sessions explaining this stuff to the players. If the club got anything wrong it was assuming that was enough, and not having some contingency plans ready to go if some idiot actually broke the rules. Even if you are slightly caught by surprise as an organisation like the Bulldogs in these situations, you will be left having to deal with a bunch of media crap. The noise that was flying around both in conventional media and online rumour mills quickly took on a life of its own, CHN couldn't control it, the club certainly couldn't. In the end the actions taken were probably the fastest way to take the whole situation and give it a cold shower (CHN should take notes). It is very difficult to make an ideal call in the middle of something like that without significant contingency planning, and also very easy to criticise with hindsight.

Anyone giving CHN information that the club stuffed up is not helping him. CHN stuffed up, and every mistake that was made after that traces back to his mistake in the first place. He needs to own that for his own good.
Like it and 100% agree. He first needs to stand up and take responsibility as it rests on his shoulders.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No surprise there are more talks to follow. All these people crying because they didn't get their press release at 5pm. lol idiots! Have you ever been a part of business negotiations? Things don't always happen at the express pace you might like.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Got a feeling we in discussion in releasing CHN to the raiders and they was willing to pull the offer for cotric and we could possibly get a player swap that way idk all seems a little fishy how we still haven’t officially heard anything regarding both players.
Thats weak all the trouble when they can just sign addo carr and keep chn or trade him for another ****