Okunbor/CHN megathread

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how a few months ago when this story broke every bit of commentary from the media was "two scumbag footballers fuck schoolgirls and they should have the book thrown at them."

Now they win their appeal and every article says "The Bulldogs didn't stand by them and treated them horribly"...

No matter which side of the argument you're on, the agenda and hypocrisy from the media in this is blatantly obvious... For once I'd love someone to call out these journos on their bi polar views and contradictory articles.
Pretty much this

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 15956

CHN likes photo suggesting other teams are interested and he doesn’t want to return, I know it’s only Instagram but I’m pretty resigned to the fact he’s leaving I just pray we don’t fold without getting at least someone in return like with the klemmer situation.
It's always fukin us who lose our best players....the NRL derigisters them and then the decision is overturned and he is free to go to any club of his choice and probably on a richer contract.....For once play hardball bulldog and don't allow him to leave until we have a player signed of the same quality....instead of being remorseful CHN is bitter about the lack of support he received from the club....and because he know there are quality clubs after him he acts arrogantly about what he had done.....does he care that the club lost a major sponsor because of his actions and that even though what he did wasn't a criminal offence it was against club protocol and at a time where the club was trying to improve its image....what he did was selfish....but once again where is the support from the NRL?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This is war and we rolled over and took the easy way out by tearing up our players contracts instead of standing by them.
Would you disown your own child if they broke your precious code of conduct? a minor break at that ( per the NRL's own expert). If so I'm glad I'm not your son.
CHN is a player with skills we can handily use. Such players don't grow on trees. We threw him under he bus. I'm devastated he wants to leave and frankly I'm afraid how many good players may not want to join us in fear of being dumped should they look the wrong way at someone or say the wrong thing or fuck the wrong girl.
Some clarification, we stood by CHN twice previously (last year) when he breached our code of conduct. Once by bonking a teacher after a school visit and once when the leadership group asked for him to be stood down from games. This was in fact his 3rd "offence" against the club and his fellow players. Along with the other players he was counselled many many many times about complying with the NRL Code of Conduct. Perhaps he needed to be run over by the proverbial bus before he woke up to himself and got his conduct in order.

You ask a question about how I would treat my son, well after 2 warnings and countless counselling sessions, "you created this mess all by yourself, now you get to clean it up all by yourself".

Go Dogs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some clarification, we stood by CHN twice previously (last year) when he breached our code of conduct. Once by bonking a teacher after a school visit and once when the leadership group asked for him to be stood down from games. This was in fact his 3rd "offence" against the club and his fellow players. Along with the other players he was counselled many many many times about complying with the NRL Code of Conduct. Perhaps he needed to be run over by the proverbial bus before he woke up to himself and got his conduct in order.

You ask a question about how I would treat my son, well after 2 warnings and countless counselling sessions, "you created this mess all by yourself, now you get to clean it up all by yourself".

Go Dogs
Wasn't aware of those two examples and really highlights the club did the right by him in the past. The fact he's now apparently looking for a way out of the club just shows he's not the right player for us imo.

Time will tell what the truth is. I hope it's all nonsense and he actually wants to stay. We'll see

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watch the board fk this up
CHN still has 2.5 years left on his contract yet they will let him go to the Roosters with nothing in return

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dragons and Bulldogs consider Lafai-Harawira-Naera player swap

Corey Harawira-Naera could resume his NRL career at St George Illawarra as part of a player swap that would result in Tim Lafai immediately shifting to Canterbury.

The development comes as the Dragons refuse to release Jason Saab this season, with the winger’s fate likely to be decided by the club's board at the end of the year.

Harawira-Naera is eligible for a first-grade return as soon as next week after his sacking, and that of Bulldogs teammate Jayden Okunbor, was overturned by the NRL’s appeals committee.

The Kiwi international wanted to speak to Canterbury officials before deciding whether to stay put, although reports suggest he resents the club’s handling of the Port Macquarie incident that threatened his career.

Canberra, Wests Tigers and the Warriors are also keen on Harawira-Naera’s services, with the Raiders desperate to add him to an injury-affected roster. However, the proposed player swap with the Dragons provides a ready-made solution if he wants a fresh start.

Lafai and Harawira-Naera are on similar salaries, meaning neither would be out of pocket and there would be minimal effect on either club’s salary cap for this year. The Red V also has the cap space to accommodate him next season as they contemplate the long-term make-up of their pack.

The Bulldogs are hopeful Lafai will soon be able to join them regardless given they released Morgan Harper early to join Manly.

The joint-venture outfit is scheduled to meet with Jack de Belin next week in a bid to gauge his interest in re-signing. The NSW lock remains suspended under the NRL’s no fault stand-down rule, but that hasn’t stopped the Warriors from offering him a lucrative deal contingent on him being acquitted of sexual assault charges.

It remains unclear if and when de Belin’s trial will be held, but the Dragons want to know his intentions. The 29-year-old continues to train with the team while in exile even while the parties are unsure about whether a return is possible.

De Belin continues to be paid his $595,000 salary for this year, with his market worth unlikely to be greatly affected even if sidelined for two seasons.

The Dragons met with Saab and his family this week to discuss his situation after the teenage flanker again requested a release on compassionate grounds. The parties resolved Saab would remain at the club until the end of the year, with the board to review the situation then.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dr...rawira-naera-player-swap-20200715-p55cdo.html

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Lafai is coming regardless how is this even called a swap?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me this story is BS. It has to be. We're not that fucking stupid are we? If the morons on the board agree to this they are begging to be ousted. WTF
A player swap needs to be of EQUAL value you fucking morons. Get McInnes (Vettel's twin) or nobody.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we trade a stud for a dud? If that’s the best the board can get for CHN then they did much worse then pay who walked away. So hopefully they do the same.

Like a few have suggested if raiders are interested then like for like Cotric makes sense. If we lose a rep for Lafai then we really are the dumbest club in the nrl. Lafai was past it 4 years ago when he left us. Silly for us to go all out for him now. Hope it’s just dumb journalism.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope everyone sees how Media dictate narratives no matter what the truth is... hope everyone takes this into consideration when they report on Covid 19

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's always fukin us who lose our best players....the NRL derigisters them and then the decision is overturned and he is free to go to any club of his choice and probably on a richer contract.....For once play hardball bulldog and don't allow him to leave until we have a player signed of the same quality....instead of being remorseful CHN is bitter about the lack of support he received from the club....and because he know there are quality clubs after him he acts arrogantly about what he had done.....does he care that the club lost a major sponsor because of his actions and that even though what he did wasn't a criminal offence it was against club protocol and at a time where the club was trying to improve its image....what he did was selfish....but once again where is the support from the NRL?
I don’t blame CHN for being filthy, as you said what he did wasn’t a criminal offence but he was being portrayed as a criminal by the media, including many on here, for workplace misconduct. The club should have been a bit more professional in the dealing of an employee.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ok fair enough bro
From reports, she was on tinder, but also a schoolgirl.
, BUT to be on tinder you need to be 18+ and so if she was 18+ then shes an adult. No "ifs or buts". He didn't meet her at the school clinic or at another school. He met up with her at a pub and they went from there. He deserved a minor punishment. Droppe to veggies, a few games suspension or a fine. NOT a torn-up contract.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If there's any truth to that swap then we should all meet at Belmore and burn the club down with Lynne, Chris, Hill and co trapped inside.

Hopefully it's complete media fabrication as that would maybe be the worst player swap in history.

Why give up CHN for a player we could sign without including CHN? It doesn't make sense and hopefully the club aren't THAT dumb.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow,pot calling the kettle black,how would u like those sort people,near your daughters,think about it,and how much it cost the club.
If my daughter was on tinder and met "these sort of guys" in the manner CHN met her then what's the issue? two adults consenting. I have all the issues in the world with dick head Okebnur and I still hate that he'll be back in Blue and White because if he did to my daughter what Okebur did then i'd have looked for him to kill him.