Okunbor/CHN megathread

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can go too ... your input on this forum has always been like you you rather dull and mehhh
Wow,pot calling the kettle black,how would u like those sort people,near your daughters,think about it,and how much it cost the club.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I couldn’t really give two fucks if CHN wants out but for ONCE can the club please play hardball and not release him unless we get a suitable player. If no one wants to give us one, fuck him, he stays.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs players want banned NRL pair back

Bulldogs players want Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera to rejoin their NRL squad.

Canterbury veteran Aiden Tolman claims Bulldogs players are united in their desire to have Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor back at the NRL club.

The banned pair learned this week they could return to the field this year, with their independent appeal over the NRL's deregistration of their contracts a success.

Neither have been around the Canterbury club or training since March, when news of a sex scandal involving Port Macquarie schoolgirls broke.

The duo are set to meet with Bulldogs officials this week to negotiate whether they will return, after the club initially supported the move to have their contracts torn up.

Once sorted, Harawira-Naera will be able to return to the NRL from next week, while Okunbor will have to wait until round 15.

It's believed Harawira-Naera could attract interest from elsewhere, and is far from a certainty to stay at the Bulldogs after signing a four-year deal at the end of 2018.

Meanwhile Okunbor would be far more likely to stay, having come through the grades as a Canterbury junior.

And if their teammates had their way, they would welcome them back with open arms under interim coach Steve Georgallis.

"From a playing point of view, and all the players are in agreeance, we want them back," Tolman said.

"For us as players, if the NRL believes they have done their time and that is the penalty warranted then we want them back here and playing.

"But I think the club and the players themselves and management have to negotiate now what the outcome is and what they want to do."

Neither Harawira-Naera or Okunbor have seen their teammates since March, with players having spent the majority of that time in a bubble.

If they were to return to the squad, they would needed to be added into the Bulldogs' bubble after living outside of the NRL's biosecurity laws for the past four months.

It means neither of the pair have yet had the chance to address the Bulldogs squad as a group.

"We text, we phone call and they are close to a lot of the boys here. They have been in contact," Tolman said.

"From our point of view as a playing group we definitely want them back."

At the time of their deregistration, the Bulldogs backed the NRL's decision and claimed the pair's behaviour "demonstrated an unacceptable lack of respect".

The scandal was also understood to have cost the club a $2 million sponsorship deal with restaurant chain Rashays, with the club still without a major naming rights partner.

The NRL have also said this week they are disappointed with the findings of the independent appeals committee, but accepted the decision.

Australian

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CHN doesn't owe the club jack imo. It's not like they went into battle for him during the scandal.

Though I think any reasonable person would understand that their actions were wrong and the consequences of them were completely destructive for the club in general. I'd personally expect him to acknowledge that rather than to firstly look for better offers elsewhere. No doubt his manager has been in his ear tho.

However, the biggest issue out of all of this if him looking to leave is true is his disregard for his teammates. He let them down. End of. Can't be debated.

If he really is so focused on leaving then that's a massive kick in the nuts to those players who struggled without him. Who had to live with this stain that Bulldog players slept with school girls? The intense media attention? Not just him. Those players played by the rules but got punished also.

If he leaves so be it. But those on here taking it up like it's a good thing really aren't seeing the bigger picture here. By doing that he's kicking all his teammates in the nuts.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 15956

CHN likes photo suggesting other teams are interested and he doesn’t want to return, I know it’s only Instagram but I’m pretty resigned to the fact he’s leaving I just pray we don’t fold without getting at least someone in return like with the klemmer situation.
Trust CHN to follow a muppet like Clarkey. The guy who just steals real journalists work and posts it as his own.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Only players I would consider a fair trade from every club rumoured to be interested whilst trying to remain realistic in targets

Dragons - McInness / Hunt (hooker only)

Raiders - Tapine (with someone in package deal eg. Starling, Smith-Shields)

Tigers - Aloiai (not really anything they have that suits us, definate worst case scenario for us if CHN decides to go here)

Warriors - Harris (very unlikely though)

Roosters - Tupouniua / Butcher

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whether they stay or go Im not fussed atm - but if CHN wants to break his contract the club should negotiate something that is favourable for the club. Correct me if im wrong (and I may be) - the players did the wrong thing, fined by nrl, stood down n now will be paid for that period of time. So the club, the team mmebers an dthe fans cop it. The wrongdoers just get embarrased

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only players I would consider a fair trade from every club rumoured to be interested whilst trying to remain realistic in targets

Dragons - McInness / Hunt (hooker only)

Raiders - Tapine (with someone in package deal eg. Starling, Smith-Shields)

Tigers - Aloiai (not really anything they have that suits us, definate worst case scenario for us if CHN decides to go here)

Warriors - Harris (very unlikely though)

Roosters - Tupouniua / Butcher
I doubt we’ll get anything fair if he blatantly says he doesn’t want to play for us we’ll have little to no leverage and end up either settling for a shit player or the other sides holding out on us and we get nothing (when Nathan brown refuses to give us compensation for klemmer as if it was ridiculous to want someone in return for an Australian prop.)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
CHN doesn't owe the club jack imo. It's not like they went into battle for him during the scandal.

Though I think any reasonable person would understand that their actions were wrong and the consequences of them were completely destructive for the club in general. I'd personally expect him to acknowledge that rather than to firstly look for better offers elsewhere. No doubt his manager has been in his ear tho.

However, the biggest issue out of all of this if him looking to leave is true is his disregard for his teammates. He let them down. End of. Can't be debated.

If he really is so focused on leaving then that's a massive kick in the nuts to those players who struggled without him. Who had to live with this stain that Bulldog players slept with school girls? The intense media attention? Not just him. Those players played by the rules but got punished also.

If he leaves so be it. But those on here taking it up like it's a good thing really aren't seeing the bigger picture here. By doing that he's kicking all his teammates in the nuts.
Agree. Issue to though is that if we try force him to stay and make up for 'letting his teammates down' I dare say he's be pretty toxic to have around. I'd love him to come back and everything be perfect but I just can see it happening. Okunbur is an interesting one I believe there would be fuck all interest for him so he's keeping quiet lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how a few months ago when this story broke every bit of commentary from the media was "two scumbag footballers fuck schoolgirls and they should have the book thrown at them."

Now they win their appeal and every article says "The Bulldogs didn't stand by them and treated them horribly"...

No matter which side of the argument you're on, the agenda and hypocrisy from the media in this is blatantly obvious... For once I'd love someone to call out these journos on their bi polar views and contradictory articles.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how a few months ago when this story broke every bit of commentary from the media was "two scumbag footballers fuck schoolgirls and they should have the book thrown at them."

Now they win their appeal and every article says "The Bulldogs didn't stand by them and treated them horribly"...

No matter which side of the argument you're on, the agenda and hypocrisy from the media in this is blatantly obvious... For once I'd love someone to call out these journos on their bi polar views and contradictory articles.
And the coach under pressure stories then when he walks ‘family club pfft’

Fk the media

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree, loved the way we handled it at the time now we “hung them out to dry” and urged us to make a call on pay now we made the call and it was disgusting to make that call.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
And??
It shouldn’t be tolerated..
I keep hearing ‘but it wasn’t illegal’..completely irrelevant..
They participated in something that is against club and code policy..end of!!
The 2 of them should be willing to get out on that field with the teammates they let down,and play for the club they let down financially as well as morally..
CHN is pissed off..AT WHAT??
Does he need the club to hold his hand?
He did wrong..own it..get out on the field and play for the club,he should be grateful to for saving him from an eternal lower grade career at the Panthers..
Grow the fuck up and own your shit..
To even think of having the audacity of questioning the club’s commitment to him is fucking laughable..
Did the club set up the root??...umm I don’t think so
To even suggest he will test the market after HIS indescretion,is an insight into his morals and the NRL are soft cocks to even contemplate allowing him to benefit from this situation..
Okunbor appears to have the right outlook at least,and a desire to make right with his teammates and club..
CHN is a quality player..no doubt
Now let’s find out if he is a quality human being
Absolute trash. When the going gets tough you don't cave in to the noisy mob. CHN had a root. Its an infraction that the NRL ethics adviser said from the outset that it wasn't a serious level breaking of the Code of Conduct. But nonetheless anti Dogs crusader Greenturd made it his business even if it was the last thing he did, to deregister them.
Do you REALLY think Greenturd wasn't in communication with Hill at the Club to both be on the same self righteous page? Our Club by doing what they did clearly sent the wrong message to the entire playing group. Maybe the squads on field performances since then have been affected by the Clubs lack of support to what are basically good men who made a mistake.
The Club should of stood up to Greenturd. It was HE that overstepped the mark, according to the NRL's own rules. Hence the punishment has been downgraded.
Did Souths tear up Mitchell's contract or Storm Ado Carrs? when they BROKE THE LAW. NO because you don't give in to the mob. You support your own. You don't eat them.
In case anybody out there doesn't realise what's happening to our society, we are being taken over by a self righteous leftist cancel culture mob. Speech is not to be free. Don't dare disagree with them.
This is war and we rolled over and took the easy way out by tearing up our players contracts instead of standing by them.
Would you disown your own child if they broke your precious code of conduct? a minor break at that ( per the NRL's own expert). If so I'm glad I'm not your son.
CHN is a player with skills we can handily use. Such players don't grow on trees. We threw him under he bus. I'm devastated he wants to leave and frankly I'm afraid how many good players may not want to join us in fear of being dumped should they look the wrong way at someone or say the wrong thing or fuck the wrong girl.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He met a girl off a dating site you fucking moron And had consensual sex with her in his hotel room while the other player took an actual school girl back to his room.
You are mostly wrong, as pointed out several times before. Firstly CHN earlier last year on a previous visit to Port Macquarie had sex with a teacher that he chatted up during the day from a school that he visited. He was counselled about this incident and warned not to do it again whilst on official club business. CHN was also stood down from games for another breach of club discipline, this was instituted by the team's leadership group. Many, many, many times the players are counselled about their conduct when on official club business, there is no room for doubt that they know exactly what it means to take females back to their rooms. Especially someone already on warning #2. What you are right about is that the initial contact for the incident in question was on Tinder, but what you are wrong about is that she too was a schoolgirl. They actually met at a nightclub which she may or may not have entered illegally, the question being her age. There is no doubt that he knew she was schoolgirl because she told him that he wasn't in the group that attended her school that day.

In summary what we have here is a player on warning #2, both of which were kept in house. Having at least once done a similar thing that he was counselled about, he was fully aware that he was breaching the players code of conduct contained in his official NRL contract by taking her back to a Bulldogs paid for room. The fact that it was schoolgirl that the team had visited the same day just made situation worse because of the negative publicity it attracted, but that does not detract from the initial breach of the players code of conduct.

There is a valid argument that if JO had been the only one he might not have attracted the same attention, 2 x Bulldogs players is much more of red flag to the NRL and it appears to me that they took it as an indication that the whole team was flaunting the code of conduct. Obviously CHN's indiscretion was the lessor but JO had not been counselled twice before so was a "first time offender". Hence my view is that JO being suspended for 14 Matches + $22,500 and CHN being suspended for 10 Matches + $15,000 were on the high side but not totally out of proportion (which their deregistration most certainly was).

That it came to light at the season start and we had a $2m sponsor announcement ready to go, the timing was ugly to say the least but that said the NRL overreaction was unjustified. Perhaps one of the reasons, not the only reason, why Green ..... whatever his name was, got the flick.

Go Dogs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can reveal a few things
CHN wont be returning to the dogs. Doubt even an upgraded deal will sway him.
Oko is very possible to return.
"Clarkey" is a fucking muppet.

All fact.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chn doesn't want to play with us no more,saying the club didn't contact him while he was off, ha ha