Okunbor/CHN megathread

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
by the clubs admissions and actions the boys should be able to walk
Where was that mentioned ?
I have never seen any detailed references about what the club and the players discussed behind closed doors after the incident !

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's nice in theory but clubs wanting CHN will just wait it out instead of giving up a player. They will all know he's going sooner or later if we don't play him.

All these swap deals get thrown about in these types of situations but they rarely happen. It's ridiculous that a player in CHN's position holds the power but the reality is he does.
You're probably right that losing him for nothing will be most likely end result but I hope they're exploring all options and show some adequate negotiating/management skills for once.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're probably right that it will be the end result but I hope they're exploring all options and show some adequate negotiating/management skills for once.
I'd love to get something out of it but the way things are it's hard to see us getting a positive outcome.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha some of you blokes are comedians. Those 2 should walk into Belmore and beg to be taken back for what they’ve done to the club, costing us a sponsor in these times is crippling. Hill may ver well be a moron , but he was dead set right in saying their behaviour was shit.
mate the state we are in at the moment nobody going to be begging us to play for us.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what I’m confused did they club terminate their contracts at the time of deregistration . If so I would think the players can do what they want , overturning the decision means club has to take them back but by same token he should be free to leave as they terminated the contract . Whether he should stay or go is irrelevant. He is like a player on the open market now and he would choose $$ and success on his decision making
I'm sure there's a few clubs that have been enquiring about his services. No doubt his manager is seeing only dollar signs here and hopes to capitalise on the situation. He wasn't a walk up starter when we signed him and has since had some success on the rep scene. So I assume that if CHN is looking to leave, some part of it is due to feeling that he's capable of earning more elsewhere probably due to his manager shopping him around.

If that's the case, as I and others have said, we should stand our ground on this and withhold a release if we're not going to be compensated by at least getting a really promising junior in return who can potentially be NRL ready by next year. We're not in a position to just let quality players walk right now without getting something in return.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN stays and plays out his contract or he can sit on the sideline until we get a player in return for the swap. Who cares if it upsets the playing group, it's not like any of them are worth keeping!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about elliott mate

Same shit, soonsors walked, brand damage.

But we should reward him with a new contract?
So to get this write. He cost us a sponsorship, left us with a north coast partnership issue when we had it as a development showing good signs. Left his team mates struggling while being stood down. Like him or not left a coach with limited quality to pick.
And know wants to after causing this by his actions come back a say his terms.
I thought it was club first individual second.
He is a talent. I’d love to watch him play again in our colours. But he needs to own his short comings and commit to the playing group and show some bloody ticker to make it write. Not the club to beg him

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score
And??
It shouldn’t be tolerated..
I keep hearing ‘but it wasn’t illegal’..completely irrelevant..
They participated in something that is against club and code policy..end of!!
The 2 of them should be willing to get out on that field with the teammates they let down,and play for the club they let down financially as well as morally..
CHN is pissed off..AT WHAT??
Does he need the club to hold his hand?
He did wrong..own it..get out on the field and play for the club,he should be grateful to for saving him from an eternal lower grade career at the Panthers..
Grow the fuck up and own your shit..
To even think of having the audacity of questioning the club’s commitment to him is fucking laughable..
Did the club set up the root??...umm I don’t think so
To even suggest he will test the market after HIS indescretion,is an insight into his morals and the NRL are soft cocks to even contemplate allowing him to benefit from this situation..
Okunbor appears to have the right outlook at least,and a desire to make right with his teammates and club..
CHN is a quality player..no doubt
Now let’s find out if he is a quality human being
So we'll said l must admit I felt for the guy and would have understood if he moved on till I read this. Man the fuck up accept your part, make up for it through your actions as they really did hurt our club.
New Zealanders are a proud people and I'm one of them, do you think that the All Blacks and the New Zealand rugby public would have given you a pass.
Where's your Mana brother, it lies with this club, show us you still have some

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN has been training with another club in mind according to the guys on the Fifth and Last Podcast. They have more than enough links to be credible for mine.
Really, he broke the Covid NRL bubble, bet he is not one of the 50 allowed in the bubble at whoever it is that he is supposed to have been training with. He's in the shit and so are they......if it actually happened.

Go Dogs

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really, he broke the Covid NRL bubble, bet he is not one of the 50 allowed in the bubble at whoever it is that he is supposed to have been training with. He's in the shit and so are they......if it actually happened.

Go Dogs
I think you misunderstood that. I read it as...hes been training thinking that hes gonna be playing somewhere else, not at the Bulldogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Go Dogs

Go Dogs
Mitch wrote

"CHN has been training with another club in mind". (IN MIND)

Not sure that indicates mixing with other players?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems like CHN is using this as an excuse to jump a sinking ship of a team. I can see why he'd want to leave but I can also see why he should stay.

Whatever happens, the club can't let him leave without getting significant compensation from another club as he's under contract for two more seasons. And please don't let him sign with the Roosters of all clubs.

Of course with our luck the average player wants to stay and the good player wants to leave. CHN is easily replaceable but they better get legitimate talent back in return and not more unwanted Reserve Grade scraps.
If Roosters want him then if I was the club I'd try and get a swap deal with Joey Manu. Only way I'd take CHN being a Rooster.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jayden Okunbor intends to return to the Bulldogs after having his sacking overturned, while Corey Harawira-Naera wants to meet with the club before deciding whether to come back or resume his NRL career elsewhere.

Canterbury are yet to make a definitive decision on the pair, who were deregistered indefinitely after a pre-season incident in Port Macquarie. The termination of their contracts was overturned at the NRL's appeals committee, the first time the governing body’s initial ruling has been altered.

The Bulldogs have the option to terminate their contracts, welcome the players back into the fold or trade them out to other teams. Given the prospect of a legal challenge if they attempted to sack them again, the blue and whites are likely to leave the decision with the players themselves.

Harawira-Naera has been linked to several clubs including the Raiders, Dragons, Roosters, Tigers and Warriors, but may be need to take a pay cut if he were to leave Belmore so late in the season.

Okunbor has also received interest from elsewhere but his priority is to resurrect his career at Canterbury. Harawira-Naera’s manager, Darryl Mather, said the New Zealand international wanted to speak with Canterbury powerbrokers before making any call on his future.

“It’s my understanding that Corey has been reinstated as a Canterbury employee,” Mather said. “We’ll have discussions with the Bulldogs about how they see his future given the decision that has been made.”

Jayden Okunbor wants to resume his career with Canterbury.

Photo: Getty Images
Harawira-Naera could be available to interim Canterbury coach Steve Georgallis’ team as soon as next week, while Okunbor still has a month of his suspension to serve.

Bulldogs star Kieran Foran hoped both would remain at the club.

“From my point of view, it would be great to have them back,” Foran said. “They’ve served their time, they’ve obviously ruled that they can be back now. They were teammates of ours, they are teammates of ours. They’d certainly be welcomed back from our point of view.”
Fuck Chn, he still done wrong imo if he thinks hes worth more then he can fuck off and take okunbor also, okunbor hasn't proved he's even worth keeping, can't tackle for shit!!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to be selfish and keep Chn , he is a game breaker and let's be honest he was hard done by, dont believe any prospective sponsor will frown upon him.
In the respect to the other player, he must go, get rid of him not a good look

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And??
It shouldn’t be tolerated..
I keep hearing ‘but it wasn’t illegal’..completely irrelevant..
They participated in something that is against club and code policy..end of!!
The 2 of them should be willing to get out on that field with the teammates they let down,and play for the club they let down financially as well as morally..
CHN is pissed off..AT WHAT??
Does he need the club to hold his hand?
He did wrong..own it..get out on the field and play for the club,he should be grateful to for saving him from an eternal lower grade career at the Panthers..
Grow the fuck up and own your shit..
To even think of having the audacity of questioning the club’s commitment to him is fucking laughable..
Did the club set up the root??...umm I don’t think so
To even suggest he will test the market after HIS indescretion,is an insight into his morals and the NRL are soft cocks to even contemplate allowing him to benefit from this situation..
Okunbor appears to have the right outlook at least,and a desire to make right with his teammates and club..
CHN is a quality player..no doubt
Now let’s find out if he is a quality human being
LOLLL STFU ... i just wasted a minute and a half trying to find some quality in this bs you posted

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he doesn't want to be here piss off. Like its the clubs and fans fault they did what they did. No suprise as predicted he'll end up at another club by years end, real fair
Even though he could be a good player, agree with you 100% they did the wrong thing even if it wasn't illegal it was morally wrong, I wouldn't care if he ended up at an average club tigers, saints but if he ends up at the rorters that would piss me off.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood that. I read it as...hes been training thinking that hes gonna be playing somewhere else, not at the Bulldogs
Yep this

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though he could be a good player, agree with you 100% they did the wrong thing even if it wasn't illegal it was morally wrong, I wouldn't care if he ended up at an average club tigers, saints but if he ends up at the rorters that would piss me off.
What did CHN do that was morally wrong?