Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't of been disregistered, so you can't blame canterbury

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Pearce, Fergo,Lodge, Packer are playing then there's hope for him..

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we should look to at least! Try getting CHN back.Gun player & Its not like we actually gained a Major Sponsor by sacking them..

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So how do other clubs get to benefit....
This is where the nrl is fucked up

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's pretty clear from the info we've been provided that both scenarios are quite different. In Okunburs case there was clear evidence of messages leading to a sense of grooming... CHN just broke a the 'hotel' rule and wasnt set up on a school visit.
They weren't done for "grooming". They were done for having girls (any girls) in the hotel room while on NRL business. And they both did that

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They weren't done for "grooming". They were done for having girls (any girls) in the hotel room while on NRL business. And they both did that
If you believe that then I guess I cant change that view. The photos at the school and messages paint a clear picture for Okunburs case imo.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the club sack them after they were de-registered? Did they sack them because they were de-registered? There’s no way the club could keep them on contract if they had no NRL registration

I know they broke team rules, but if the NRL didn’t wipe them, would the club have kept them on with a long stand down period.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If you believe that then I guess I cant change that view. The photos at the school and messages paint a clear picture for Okunburs case imo.
No need to believe it, it is what happened. You can't give chn different treatment just because he's a better player, which is what some ppl seem to be calling for. They either both get done, or both get off imo.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did the club sack them after they were de-registered? Did they sack them because they were de-registered? There’s no way the club could keep them on contract if they had no NRL registration

I know they broke team rules, but if the NRL didn’t wipe them, would the club have kept them on with a long stand down period.
It’s a massive grey area the Dogs put out statement after the deregistration saying as a result of the deregistration their contracts were terminated. I’m not sure what happens if they win the appeal do their contracts get reinstated? There’s probably so much more to it then that though.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...ding-jayden-okunbor-and-corey-harawira-naera/

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a massive grey area the Dogs put out statement after the deregistration saying as a result of the deregistration their contracts were terminated. I’m not sure what happens if they win the appeal do their contracts get reinstated? There’s probably so much more to it then that though.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...ding-jayden-okunbor-and-corey-harawira-naera/
They seem to indicate their sacking was as a result of deregistration, but then proceed to go on for paragraphs agreeing with the nrl and the punishment.

I’m sure the club will do whatever needs to be done to protect the club image regardless of the players

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree. The NRL would have no grounds whatsoever to deregister them based on club standards. So it had to be the acts of what they did.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I disagree. The NRL would have no grounds whatsoever to deregister them based on club standards. So it had to be the acts of what they did.
Club business = NRL business. Don't get me wrong either, i dont think either player should have been deregistered .