Rumour Oil/Inside Information/Prediction - Consolidated Thread

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like we'll end up with Blayke Brailey.

Hopefully not another Lichaa if Sharks have signed McInnes - I don't buy the signed as a lock statement. I know he was more highly regarded than Jayden in terms of talent. Probably played a lot with Flannagan in the juniors as well, so could be a really good signing.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on signing brailey if we miss out on smith
Both risky as Smith coming out of the Melbourne system which a lot of average players aren't as good after. I'd rather risk it with Brailey over Smith, assuming we can't get Grant.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't believe it personally. Just can't believe they'd have legal grounds to do so. Don't want him at the club personally but ... not going to happen.
I think we need to punish Elliott the best way we can without hurting our best 17 (Elliott's a walk in starter at lock). If Elliott doesn't pull his head in the club won't support him when he F's up so bad that the club has the option to legally sack him (I don't think they do in this case, there are probably more details to come tho). I'm very disappointed being an Elliott fan myself.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we need to punish Elliott the best way we can without hurting our best 17 (Elliott's a walk in starter at lock). If Elliott doesn't pull his head in the club won't support him when he F's up so bad that the club has the option to legally sack him (I don't think they do in this case, there are probably more details to come tho). I'm very disappointed being an Elliott fan myself.
Personally ... and I know this won't go down well but I don't see why this story is being dragged so much into the playing side of things.

Now ... before people start hoisting me up to burn, I've said countless number of times that his actions are abhorrent, disgusting, immorale etc. etc. so I'm not supporting what he did. Not in the slightest.

My point is more how he can possibly be punished for sleeping with a woman. Yes. He's cheating. On his wife. And young kid. Yes. He's cheating with his best friend's wife. Yes. He's an ex Bulldog.

I understand all of this. I really do. But so so so many on here went on and on and on about CHN / JO having consensual sex with someone, and it wasn't illegal so why were they punished. And in the end both of them were allowed to play on.

Elliot did this with an adult. In his own time. Away from anything football related. How can he possibly be punished? On what grounds? Being a ****? Then half the team could probably be punished in some way.

In saying this ... he had recently signed a new contract after all of his previous dramas so I imagine that his off field behaviour was written into that. So who knows? Maybe there is a way to get rid of him?

Don't care personally. Wouldn't miss a player like that in the slightest. He puts himself before anyone else time and again. We don't need that.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the only punishment he will get is being dropped from the leadership group. He's definitely not a leader no matter how much community work he does. He's shown he's not a role model and can't be trusted to put his team or teammates interests ahead of his own.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the only punishment he will get is being dropped from the leadership group. He's definitely not a leader no matter how much community work he does. He's shown he's not a role model and can't be trusted to put his team or teammates interests ahead of his own.
Probably some time in Reggie’s for a month or so and a financial punishment would do the moron some good.