Rumour Oil/Inside Information/Prediction - Consolidated Thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There's nothing concrete yet but because I know the club was definitely talking about a swap arrangement and JAC is now staying while also getting Smith I can't believe Barrett / our club would be that stupid not to get "something" (anything) out of it surely. We can only wait and see.

The Storm were reportedly willing to give up JAC for Campbell Graham, Tommy Talau or David Nofoaluma and we were negotiating for at least 2 weeks about Reimis before he signed. Doesn't make sense that the Rabbits and Tigers would get JAC out of the swap but we give Reimis and give him "early" but we get absolutely NOTHING ! We'll know soon hopefully.
JAC not off the table for 2021, needs to come up with a loophole to void Tigers heads up agreement. It could be something as simple as being loaned to us for 2021 as well as signed for 2022/23. Reimis was rumoured to be a trade with JAC, Reimis is now at the Storm. I'm personally running with the JAC video saying he'll be at the doggies next year. Either he's telling the truth or highly intoxicated.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What's your policy on sharing a screenshot of rumours? Was thinking of comparing on panthers forum but don't want to disrespect this forum.
What's some of the rumours on the panthers forum?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
comparing the two forums it looks like you guys are going hard and offering better money than us for Burton/Lenui, how much I have no idea. Crichton is definitely staying.
I agree, I think Crichton is definitely staying, he is just using this opportunity to sponge some more $$$ out from the Panthers management before officially recommitting

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree, I think Crichton is definitely staying, he is just using this opportunity to sponge some more $$$ out from the Panthers management before officially recommitting
His new manager is Sam Ayoub if you guys have dealt with him. he's definitely just trying to get money by feeding the media.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That explains a lot. We definitely aren't fans either.
From memory, we lost Thurston because the Cowboys offer was around $50K more than ours. Plus he was stuck behind Sherwin and Anasta so he went to the Cows for regular FG time and to play in his preferred position even though he really wanted to stay at the Dogs....and then he turned out to be the best of the lot. Sound familiar?

Gus Gould said that Burton was the best half at Penrith and yet you guys could lose him for the same reason....here's hoping Gus is right for once :laughing:

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From memory, we lost Thurston because the Cowboys offer was around $50K more than ours. Plus he was stuck behind Sherwin and Anasta so he went to the Cows for regular FG time and to play in his preferred position even though he really wanted to stay at the Dogs....and then he turned out to be the best of the lot. Sound familiar?

Gus Gould said that Burton was the best half at Penrith and yet you guys could lose him for the same reason....here's hoping Gus is right for once :laughing:
Yeah it's surprisingly similar to that. a lot of us wanted Burton to start but here we are.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha imagine we actually got all these people we’re rumoured of getting. Would have a top 8 team for sure in a few years I think

1. Averillo
2. Addo carr
3. Cotric
4.Hoppa/Dwz/shcoupp/alamoti
5. Okunbour/dwz/Meaney
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. B smith/clarke/grant
10. Ogden
11. Faitala-Mariner
12 jackson
13. Elliot
14. Hetherington
15. Atoni
16. Doorey
17. Leinu/Napa/Stimson/waddell

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was posted earlier the screen shot below. our guy says the Burton one is false with future still to be determinedrumor.PNG:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's nothing concrete yet but because I know the club was definitely talking about a swap arrangement and JAC is now staying while also getting Smith I can't believe Barrett / our club would be that stupid not to get "something" (anything) out of it surely. We can only wait and see.

The Storm were reportedly willing to give up JAC for Campbell Graham, Tommy Talau or David Nofoaluma and we were negotiating for at least 2 weeks about Reimis before he signed. Doesn't make sense that the Rabbits and Tigers would get JAC out of the swap but we give Reimis and give him "early" but we get absolutely NOTHING ! We'll know soon hopefully.
Yeah. Have to agree with this. Doesn't make sense that we'd let him go there without anything at all in return. Refuse to believe it.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was informed by a member at the time that the Dogs let him go for another reason...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

I remember Gus said Burton can be better than the lot. He also said Luai and Cleary were always the long term plan but Burton was so good that the Panthers really had to consider their plans. When they were both neck and neck during the season I thought they would go with Burton personally. Burton was demoted to the bench when Cleary returned and then Luai exploded.