Rumour Oil/Inside Information/Prediction - Consolidated Thread

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PANTHERS PICKED APART BY RIVALS
Story James Hooper

The Penrith Panthers have quickly discovered the price of success with the club’s young gun roster being picked apart by rival NRL clubs since making the grand final.

Young gun rookie Daine Laurie is the latest player who has agreed to depart the club to join the Wests Tigers in 2022.

We all know how this rodeo goes. Laurie will now begin the process of agitating for a release to join the Wests Tigers for next year.

It doesn’t end there, either. Rookie prop Spencer Leniu and young gun five-eighth Matt Burton are both believed to be extremely close to agreeing to terms to join the Bulldogs.

Both will be immense losses.

Then throw in NSW Blues trio Jarome Luai, Stephen Crichton and Isaah Yeo all being off contract at the end of next year and all of a sudden the Panthers plan to retain everyone looks in serious trouble.

Perhaps the smarter play would have been to lock Luai in when they decided he was the best five-eighth ahead of Burton mid-season.
Good work Jacko. I was just about to post it but you beat me to it

If they let Laurie go, maybe they'll release Burton and Leniu.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really getting sick of reading this shit what are they waiting for they have had over 2 weeks of negotiations surely they are close to an agreement

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC did sign heads of agreement with the Tigpies but had a change of heart, the reason is he wants to come to Canterbury that doesn't guarantee one thing or another !!!
How do u know he wants to come to dogs? Surely he would go to rabbits if they offered him a contract which I’m sure they would

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Albert Hopoate released from manly following the dogs seems like he’ll be here next year ?
He was touted as the most talented out of his family. I feel he would be a cheap option have as Smith is gone. I think with Hoppa’s guidance and his desire to prove himself. He could be a weapon for us.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do u know he wants to come to dogs? Surely he would go to rabbits if they offered him a contract which I’m sure they would
Reading between the lines...
JAC wants to play fullback.
TBaz believes he can be successful at fullback.
Souffs have Latrell.
I could see only one outcome, but who knows ?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading between the lines...
JAC wants to play fullback.
TBaz believes he can be successful at fullback.
Souffs have Latrell.
I could see only one outcome, but who knows ?
Souths will medically retire one of their aging players ala Inglis and Burgess to fit JAC in with their exclusive concessions granted by the NRL. He won't be coming here.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was touted as the most talented out of his family. I feel he would be a cheap option have as Smith is gone. I think with Hoppa’s guidance and his desire to prove himself. He could be a weapon for us.
We already have one slow Hoppa. We don't need another Hoppa especially one that's recovering from knee surgery.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Souffs offer him a fullback spot ???
They don't need to. There will be some brown paper bags under the table and the official line will be JAC was happy to remain a winger so he could play with his shooting bros in Redfern.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
honestly cbf anymore jesus christ, can something just happen already this shits been going on for ages
Hopefully we can get some clarity between the end of origin and 2 weeks afterwards.