Rumour Oil/Inside Information/Prediction - Consolidated Thread

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should have been refunded
That is exactly right. Thurston had no involvement in this matter. I know the name of the player involved. Besides, the club was found to be not at fault and no charges were ever laid.
However, the stupid NRL fined the club $500000 for their involvement. It should have been appealed

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm predicting a major bromance developing between Flanno and Burton......they might get as close as these two :grinning:

How sides in the 80s hated defending against these two. Mortimer was our ultimate spark Lamb - Mr Backerupper. Both were hungry competitors.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How sides in the 80s hated defending against these two. Mortimer was our ultimate spark Lamb - Mr Backerupper. Both were hungry competitors.
The greatest halves combination in league history. They played 5 seasons together and we made 4 GF and won 3 of them. No other team over the last 40 years can match their strike rate. Turvey was an absolute match winner and Baa's legendary support play was no fluke - he knew all the strengths and abilities of his team mates and when and where they would offload.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Results wise I hope so but there is no way Flanagan will ever be the next Mortimer. Turvey with his blinding acceleration, vision and all around ability is a once in a century player.
I meant as a dominant long term successful pairing.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The greatest halves combination in league history. They played 5 seasons together and we made 4 GF and won 3 of them. No other team over the last 40 years can match their strike rate. Turvey was an absolute match winner and Baa's legendary support play was no fluke - he knew all the strengths and abilities of his team mates and when and where they would offload.
Turvey and Baa were a great combination, Turvey had the ability to create something out of nothing and his cover defence was amazing. Kenny and sterling have similar records with Parra.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turvey and Baa were a great combination, Turvey had the ability to create something out of nothing and his cover defence was amazing. Kenny and sterling have similar records with Parra.
Kenny and Sterlo no doubt were great but their strike rate doesn't compare to Turvey and Baa. Sterlo and Kenny played 13 years together and made 5 GF and won 4, a GF strike rate of 38% and premiership rate of 31%. Turvey and Baa have GF strike rate of 80% and premiership rate of 60% which is double that of Sterlo/Kenny.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kenny and Sterlo no doubt were great but their strike rate doesn't compare to Turvey and Baa. Sterlo and Kenny played 13 years together and made 5 GF and won 4, a GF strike rate of 38% and premiership rate of 31%. Turvey and Baa have GF strike rate of 80% and premiership rate of 60% which is double that of Sterlo/Kenny.
Outside of the Bulldogs umbrella, I don't think Baa AND Turvey get the accolades they truly deserve.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outside of the Bulldogs umbrella, I don't think Baa AND Turvey get the accolades they truly deserve.
spot on. If Baa and Turvey played for other clubs such as St George or Manly they would have been declared as Immortals a decade ago. As a dogs fan for over 40 years it's amusing when millenial dogs fans wet themselves that "future immortal" Thurston once played at the Dogs. I've seen both and would take Turvey over Thurston any day of the week... easily.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brian Kelly re-signed by titans for 2 years. Scratch him off the list

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
spot on. If Baa and Turvey played for other clubs such as St George or Manly they would have been declared as Immortals a decade ago. As a dogs fan for over 40 years it's amusing when millenial dogs fans wet themselves that "future immortal" Thurston once played at the Dogs. I've seen both and would take Turvey over Thurston any day of the week... easily.
Bro, one stat I cant get past is BAA scoring 164 tries in 350 games FMD that's craziness. 164 tries ffs as a half! that shits unheard of even until now.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the first things I was taught as a kid was to back up when someone makes a break.. the example always used was Baa.. “that’s why he scores so many tries”

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bro, one stat I cant get past is BAA scoring 164 tries in 350 games FMD that's craziness. 164 tries ffs as a half! that shits unheard of even until now.
Mr. Backup.
Baa was jolly on the spot more times than I can count (at least 164 times :-)). Different game today yes, but he was just so great to watch.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fk’n BANG in 100%
Won 4 comps ffs, but everyone is still debating if Cronk should be there before Sterlo... JOKE!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned it in another post. It’s fk’n criminal how Turvey is never even in the immortal conversation. Sterling was a fantastic player, great player, but his media presence keeps him relevant.
all these names thrown up, Fitler, Sterling, Cronk, Lockyer, Langer etc... Turvey was better than ALL of them!
Maybe, maybe Thurston is up there. Kenny definitely. Slater although he shit me should be discussed. Smith a no brainer.
And whenever they do mention Fitler but not Daley, that’s another case of favours for the favourites. Daley a much better player AND achieved more than Fitler.