Rumour Oil/Inside Information/Prediction - Consolidated Thread

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was informed by a member at the time that the Dogs let him go for another reason...
Yes he was nothing but trouble in his younger days . 9 The official line was he was too small and could not tackle so Bullfrog and Folksy coudn't get rid of him quick enough. Coffs was only a small part. It goes way beyond that, but as he matured so did his behaviour and you know the rest. Good on him he tuened his life around as we all have......I hope.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he was nothing but trouble in his younger days . 9 The official line was he was too small and could not tackle so Bullfrog and Folksy coudn't get rid of him quick enough. Coffs was only a small part. It goes way beyond that, but as he matured so did his behaviour and you know the rest. Good on him he tuened his life around as we all have......I hope.
You summarised it pretty well. The club had no choice at the end of that year which turned out well for JT as Murray had the foresight to give him free reign at NQ and build the team around him. He wouldn't have that freedom with Folkes as coach.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha imagine we actually got all these people we’re rumoured of getting. Would have a top 8 team for sure in a few years I think

1. Averillo
2. Addo carr
3. Cotric
4.Hoppa/Dwz/shcoupp/alamoti
5. Okunbour/dwz/Meaney
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. B smith/clarke/grant
10. Ogden
11. Faitala-Mariner
12 jackson
13. Elliot
14. Hetherington
15. Atoni
16. Doorey
17. Leinu/Napa/Stimson/waddell
I'm hoping for this by 2022

1 JAC
2 Jake Averillo / DWZ
3 Nick Cotric
4 Stephen Crichton
5 Jayden Okunbor
6 Matt Burton
7 Kyle Flanagan
8 Spencer Leniu
9 Brandon Smith
10 Ofahiki Ogden
11 RFM
12 Adam Elliott
13 Luke Thompson

14 Renouf Atoni
15 Jack Hetherington
16 Josh Jackson
17 Joe Stimson / Jake Averillo
18 Corey Waddell

GONE: Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Tyrone Harding, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, James Roumanos, Chris Smith
SHOP: DWZ, Wakeham

Last edited:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping for this by 2022

1 JAC
2 Jake Averillo / DWZ
3 Nick Cotric
4 Stephen Crichton
5 Jayden Okunbor
6 Matt Burton
7 Kyle Flanagan
8 Spencer Leniu
9 Brandon Smith
10 Ofahiki Ogden
11 RFM
12 Adam Elliott
13 Luke Thompson

14 Renouf Atoni
15 Jack Hetherington
16 Josh Jackson
17 Joe Stimson / Jake Averillo
18 Corey Waddell

GONE: Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Tyrone Harding, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, James Roumanos, Chris Smith
SHOP: DWZ, Wakeham
That's a pretty good side and all reasonable targets except for Chricton as I think he'll stay at Penrith so we need to find another centre. Maybe Staggs. That spine has points in it.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No way we are getting a Crichton.
He wants to stay Panthers, and also Roosters are sniffing. Therefor if he leaves the place he loves, sure as shit it’ll be to the Roosters. With this in mind, I hope he stays a Panther for life. Fk that scum $$$ club Roosters!
Roosters don't pay overs (99% of the time). It's either staying at the Panthers (expected to do better than Roosters next year going off the betting, I'd have them lower personally, but they're pretty much the same level) for what he's worth or joining a struggling team for more money.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's a pretty good side and all reasonable targets except for Chricton as I think he'll stay at Penrith so we need to find another centre. Maybe Staggs. That spine has points in it.
Jackson too much money to be on the bench, also our captain, even tho I think Elliott will take over that role in the future. I think it could be a good idea to keep Hopoate as he brings a bit more to the team besides ability, leadership for e.g. we need to keep a good balance as we don't want to end up like the Broncos. If he has a terrible season of course move him on, but if he's solid, like he has been the previous two years, we should re-sign him on a reduced deal imo. Thompson was also playing MUCH better after going back to prop, he was struggling at lock imo. To'omaga will have to really take his chance with Thompson out suspended at the start of next year otherwise I think he'll be finished with us.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I read yesterday Crichton wants best deal for he’s family and is looking for the best offer from anyone. And that the Panthers were looking to eventually move him to full time fullback. Maybe the dogs see him there too??

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read yesterday Crichton wants best deal for he’s family and is looking for the best offer from anyone. And that the Panthers were looking to eventually move him to full time fullback. Maybe the dogs see him there too??
Chricton should be a FB as he's got all the skills. I don't know why they're persisting with Edwards as he's shit. Their long term FB will either be Staines or Chricton.

Whatever we offer Chricton the Panthers will match it so hopefully it puts them under even more cap pressure and as a result they can't re-sign Leniu and are forced to release Burton early. That's probably the best outcome we can hope for

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
at this stage we should be targeting an hooker josh addo carr kotoni staggs matt burton xavier coates stephan crichton imo

and if we dont get any of these targets change our recruiment manager asap now if we do this is my team
1 JAC
2 Cotric
3 Staggs
4 crichton
5 coates
6 burton
7 flangan
8 hetherington
9 grant / b.smith/ wakeham / starling if we still can
10 thompson
11 jackson
12 doorey
13 topine

14 waddel
15 harding
16 rfm
17 romounos

Now thats a frickin team aye

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wants more than what the Panthers are offering at the moment. He reneged on an earlier verbal agreement. He's got potential to play fullback too. Tall also. Big advantage.

Last edited:

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
at this stage we should be targeting an hooker josh addo carr kotoni staggs matt burton xavier coates stephan crichton imo

and if we dont get any of these targets change our recruiment manager asap now if we do this is my team
1 JAC
2 Cotric
3 Staggs
4 crichton
5 coates
6 burton
7 flangan
8 hetherington
9 grant / b.smith/ wakeham / starling if we still can
10 thompson
11 jackson
12 doorey
13 topine

14 waddel
15 harding
16 rfm
17 romounos

Now thats a frickin team aye
Nice team however you’ve smashed the salary cap

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bullfrog passed 2000 mate had nothing to do with letting Thurston go. I was told by an officials relative that he was heavily involved in the Coffs Harbour scandal so maybe that weighed in on the decision not to go harder on resigning him but also as mentioned by Many Sherwin and Anasta were in their early 20s and we just won a comp.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
comparing the two forums it looks like you guys are going hard and offering better money than us for Burton/Lenui, how much I have no idea. Crichton is definitely staying.
Well the info on Crichton is the same from our side bro.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullfrog passed 2000 mate had nothing to do with letting Thurston go. I was told by an officials relative that he was heavily involved in the Coffs Harbour scandal so maybe that weighed in on the decision not to go harder on resigning him but also as mentioned by Many Sherwin and Anasta were in their early 20s and we just won a comp.
when the coffs scandal broke out the media report at the time was along the lines of "the girl was taken back to the resort by a fringe first grader at the bulldogs".....

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The oil well is running dry.... Where are these signings?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So club has announced burton
Someone update front page re him signing 22 23