Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh brother, your Maserati's mashed

Forklifts move a lot of old crates ... but can you count a $110,000 Maserati as an old crate?

A building worker in Elizabeth Bay's exclusive Bilyard Avenue did this morning when he found the dark blue luxury car parked in a construction zone.

But things didn't quite go according to plan.

As the unidentified worker from SMS Construction hoisted the car two metres into the air, it flipped off the forks and crashed on its roof.

Brad Harrison, a plumber who was working at a building when he came out to get some tools, described what happened.

"He picked up the car with his forklift, and then he turned while it was on, and suddenly the car rolled over and fell on its roof.

"It was a large crunch, the car was rocking [while it was on the forklift] the whole time."

A crowd of up to 50 gathered to inspect the damage, which included a smashed roof and windows.

It is unclear if the 1999 3200 GT model can be salvaged.

The owner of the car, Jason Huljich, left for a holiday to South America last week and left the car in the care of his sister, Rachel Huljich, who has just moved into a house on the same street.

Two days ago Ms Huljich moved the car to a construction zone, where parking is not permitted after 7am.

"It is very surprising," a stunned Ms Huljich said.

"He's away for another two weeks in South America, so I haven't decided whether I'll tell him now or when he comes back."

Resident Stephen Gray said workers for SMS Construction had been moving cars in the street with forklifts for some time while they work on a four-storey building.

"They've been doing it for months now," he said. "It's outrageous and just really arrogant."

Inspector Peter Brooks said charges against the man who moved the car were possible.

"Only council and the police have the right to move cars from a street," he said. "We're still contemplating whether or not charges will be laid."

Why the hell do you move a car with a forklift, the damage to the undercarraige would almost be enough to write the car off

A

Abz

They can buy 10 Maseratis if they wanted to. Let's just hope they got insurance, and let's also hope that the guy doesn't "challenge" them in court on the grounds of "parking in a no parking zone"

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh god.

heads would roll. i would take that council guy to court and fight till i was blue in the face. lol

how could they do that?....it would damage the car ffs!!!! ( when it didnt roll off even lol)....... they cant just do that to other people property. its called a tow truck ****ers.

T

tallis12

Id be spitting if i was the owner i would take the bastards to court even through you parked the car in a no parking zone what no brained idiot would move a maserati of all cars with a forklift.:whacky:

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea, mickdog........a piece of paper, or a tickeet on the windshield would work a lot better.....if you didnt want jack hammer holes in your head from the pissed owner.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely stupid idea, and im suprised that this practice has been going on for months beforehand at this construction site.

Construction workers are impatient people and now they will be paying the price having damaged a car in excess of $100,000 and im guessing the owner has a lot of money to take them to court with. I hope the company can come up with a good excuse, as even though it may have been parked in a no parking zone, the forklift driver as vandalised & damaged property which is a far more serious offence rather then a usual fine which you would usually receive.

T

tallis12

Absolutely stupid idea, and im suprised that this practice has been going on for months beforehand at this construction site.

Construction workers are impatient people and now they will be paying the price having damaged a car in excess of $100,000 and im guessing the owner has a lot of money to take them to court with. I hope the company can come up with a good excuse, as even though it may have been parked in a no parking zone, the forklift driver as vandalised & damaged property which is a far more serious offence rather then a usual fine which you would usually receive.
Aced it mate.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.