Ogden signs new 2 year deal to remain with club till 2021

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To'omaga has the potential to be better then Klem, has a nice offload and step and apparently he beat a few of the backs in a sprint the other day.
That's just a ridiculous statement, I know Klemmer pissed us off and we're off the band wagon now but Renouf is only 18 months younger than Klemmer and played 4 First grade games where hasn't even set the world on fire. Klemmer at the same age already had 10 tests caps and 9 origin caps under his belt.
Renouf has run for a total of 111m his entire first grade career, Klemmer has had games where he's run for more than that in 1 half

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's just a ridiculous statement, I know Klemmer pissed us off and we're off the band wagon now but Renouf is only 18 months younger than Klemmer and played 4 First grade games where hasn't even set the world on fire. Klemmer at the same age already had 10 tests caps and 9 origin caps under his belt.
Renouf has run for a total of 111m his entire first grade career, Klemmer has had games where he's run for more than that in 1 half
And? Klemmer was able to make a big impact early on because of his size, fact is that he has no other skill to his game, im not saying To'omaga will be better then him next year or even the year after that, he isn't even good enough to tie Klemmers laces right now but he has a much superior skillset that gives him the "potential" to be a better player, key word is potential.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And? Klemmer was able to make a big impact early on because of his size, fact is that he has no other skill to his game, im not saying To'omaga will be better then him next year or even the year after that, he isn't even good enough to tie Klemmers laces right now but he has a much superior skillset that gives him the "potential" to be a better player, key word is potential.
He's got some leg speed and some offloading ability at reserve grade level, at best he's Fui Fui Moi Moi.
Klemmer has a motor that is insane for his size. I mean if we're going off potential than why stop there, Remeis Smith is tall and fast so he's obviously got the potential to be better than Valentine Holmes, Lachlan Lewis is skillful and has some size so he's got the potential to be better than Cooper Cronk, Ogden is big and aggressive so he's for the potential to be better than Cordner, Napa can smash people and I saw him offload the ball one time so he's better than Klemmer as well I mean potentially we could have 7-8 future rep stars in the team.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree. Moore made the right call more times then not. His decision on Idris being the best one in league history in my opinion (imagine locking him up on a huge contract). His rebuild year bringing in stagg, Ennis, Eastwood, Morris built a foundation for future competitive years.

I definitely think Moore had a position at the club either in recruitment or team management or on the board. Sad he got dicked. Maybe he didn’t have it cut out as a head coach but he was able to make some good player decisions.
You will find the Moore's, Anderson's and Hughes's have an emotional attachment to the club more than anyone else. It's no secret our greatest success on the field came when those families were involved in the club to some capacity.
They have always been the cornerstone for our success. And I'm glad they are involved in our club again. Our club was sabotaged, the club has now been given back to the members and the supporters. These families are the foundation of what was known as the family club.

People still have agendas against them, but I will ask why?

There's one particular question I'd like to ask, if people don't like them....who then would you rather run the club?
Outsiders? Greenburg? The Manly clan? Outsourcing business executives? Who? We've tried all those things and have failed!

Last edited:

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You will find the Moore's, Anderson's and Hughes's have an emotional attachment to the club more than anyone else. It's no secret our greatest success on the filed came when those families were involved in the club to some capacity.
They have always been the cornerstone for our success. And I'm glad they are involved in our club again. Our club was sabotaged, the club has now been given back to the members and the supporters. These families are the foundation of what was known as the family club.

There's one particular question I'd like to ask, if people don't like them....who then would you rather run the club?
Outsiders? Greenburg? The Manly clan? Outsourcing business executives? Who? We've tried all those things and have failed!
They want dibby and his habibi cuzzins so they can get inside info, free entry and el jannahs garlic sauce up in the box

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You will find the Moore's, Anderson's and Hughes's have an emotional attachment to the club more than anyone else. It's no secret our greatest success on the field came when those families were involved in the club to some capacity.

I'll go at it from a different angle and ask you what would your plan for the future be when there are no more family members who care as much.
Are you suggesting that the club is to be run like a dictatorship or monarchy.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'll go at it from a different angle and ask you what would your plan for the future be when there are no more family members who care as much.
Kevin Moore is 53, so hes got 20 odd years left in him.

KM is one of the best recruiters the club has had

You havent got the slightest of clues what its like to be run under a dictatorship

Hass

Waterboy
Reaction score
Get off the klemmer band wagon you egg head, wtf did klemmer do that is so
He's got some leg speed and some offloading ability at reserve grade level, at best he's Fui Fui Moi Moi.
Klemmer has a motor that is insane for his size. I mean if we're going off potential than why stop there, Remeis Smith is tall and fast so he's obviously got the potential to be better than Valentine Holmes, Lachlan Lewis is skillful and has some size so he's got the potential to be better than Cooper Cronk, Ogden is big and aggressive so he's for the potential to be better than Cordner, Napa can smash people and I saw him offload the ball one time so he's better than Klemmer as well I mean potentially we could have 7-8 future rep stars in the team.[/
Klemmer has a motor that is insane for his size. I mean if we're going off potential than why stop there, Remeis Smith is tall and fast so he's obviously got the potential to be better than Valentine Holmes, Lachlan Lewis is skillful and has some size so he's got the potential to be better than Cooper Cronk, Ogden is big and aggressive so he's for the potential to be better than Cordner, Napa can smash people and I saw him offload the ball one time so he's better than Klemmer as well I mean potentially we could have 7-8 future rep stars in the team.

Your an egg head at best. Made meters? Big fkn woop when was the last time he put a big hit on, offloaded, made a line break, saved a try, made a quick play the ball..... kasianos 20 min stint used to be better then klemmers whole 65min u fuck nut. Gimi any player that can offload and put a hit on in defence and ill swap him for klemmer all day. Big for nothing pussy

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love angles.

No. I'm not suggesting the club be run like a dictatorship because even if we wanted that it can't possibly happen.
As a not for profit organisation such as the football club as opposed to the Leagues club the power always remains with the shareholders. And in this case because the football club is a non for profit organisation the shareholders are quite simply called voting members. The voting members have the power, so it can't ever be a dictatorship.

As for your quote stating "there are no more family members who care as much" well that really only comes down to personal opinion with no real evidence.
The only way you can tell if there are "no family members who care as much" it quite simply by the fruits of their actions.
I don't think they have had enough time on the board(9 months) to deliver what we want.
But as I've stated in one of my previous posts there are alot of positives that they have done which tells me they are doing really well.
If history shows our greatest success in the past has come from these individuals being involved with the club in some capacity then they have my trust.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sir Steve Georgallis of Belmore is the GOAT. I praised him a while back and declared him the man to lead us to glory while others wrote him off. If he became the head coach ahead of Pay like i wanted then we would've already won the Champions League and two footed Ramos in the dick.
If/when Pay gets punted Steve G will take over

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love angles.

No. I'm not suggesting the club be run like a dictatorship because even if we wanted that it can't possibly happen.
As a not for profit organisation such as the football club as opposed to the Leagues club the power always remains with the shareholders. And in this case because the football club is a non for profit organisation the shareholders are quite simply called voting members. The voting members have the power, so it can't ever be a dictatorship.

As for your quote stating "there are no more family members who care as much" well that really only comes down to personal opinion with no real evidence.
The only way you can tell if there are "no family members who care as much" it quite simply by the fruits of their actions.
I don't

I don't think they have had enough time on the board(9 months) to deliver what we want.
But as I've stated in one of my previous posts there are alot of positives that they have done which tells me they are doing really well.
If history shows our greatest success in the past has come from these individuals being involved with the club in some capacity then they have my trust.
Opinion has nothing to do with it If they don't procreate and there are no more family members or if they do have children who have no care for the Bulldogs or the game of rugby league

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kevin Moore is 53, so hes got 20 odd years left in him.

KM is one of the best recruiters the club has had

You havent got the slightest of clues what its like to be run under a dictatorship
My reference to dictatorship or monarchy is not about the current boards behaviour but more to do with succession and a view that only a member from those families control the club. There is also an implying claim that any other option will not work.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Opinion has nothing to do with it If they don't procreate and there are no more family members or if they do have children who have no care for the Bulldogs or the game of rugby league
Seriously, what are you talking about? How long have you been following the dogs for?

Lynn Anderson is the daughter of the late great Peter Moore who tunrned the club around to be a powerhouse.
She is also the wife of two time premiership winning coach and premiership winning player Chris Anderson who also coached the Bulldogs to two minor premierships in a row and who also took the club to back to back GF's winning a premiership in 1995.
Not only is she a "Procreation" of the late great Peter Moore be she headed the promotional activities of the club in the early ninties which proved to be very successful including the epic multicultural day football games at Belmore against Parra and Canberra. Crowds flocked to Belmore and we recorded the highest crowd attendance(27,804) in the history of Belmore Sports Ground against Parra in 1993.

Chris Anderson is the husband of Lynn - 2 time permiership winning coach, took the club to back to back GF's and coached the dogs to a premiership. Not only that but he didn't get handed an already made team like Phil Gould got in 1988 but he had to rebuild the team from scratch. 93,94,95 was a golden era in the clubs history. He's not a "procreation" of himself.

Mark Hughes - Is back at the club as recruitment manager. He's also not a "procreation" of himself. He headed the recruitment and retention in one of the dogs most successful eras and one of the reasons we were a lethal team to watch from 2001 - 2004. A lot of that 2004 winning side we're Mark's recruitments to the club including the likes of SBW(through John Ackland), Andrew Ryan, O'meley, Pattern, Anasta, Mason etc etc

When there's no more family members of this club who made the dogs successful then we'll deal with it when that arrives. But at the moment we have Bulldogs people who know what builds success. It's a no brainer.

Maybe you can take the hot seat one day and start the superuber family

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My reference to dictatorship or monarchy is not about the current boards behaviour but more to do with succession and a view that only a member from those families control the club. There is also an implying claim that any other option will not work.
Rubbish!
It's not that any other option won't work, it's the fact they put their hand up to come back and help the club out. Why would we say no to that when all we have been doing is losing our winning culture year by year.

Last edited:

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rubbish!
It's not that any other option won't work, it's the fact they put their hand up to come back and help the club out. Why would we say no to that when all we have been doing is losing our winning culture year by year.
There seems to be some confusion here, let me state that I am very happy with the current boards link with past key people as well as their own connections with CBBRLFC.
My input was to debunk the statement that having tried and failed with how and by whom the club was being run that a return to using members of a certain group of families is the only way we will be a success.
If that is true what would happen if there is no next generation of the clan or if there was and they don't care, Do we just stick with them?

Hopefully that clears it up for you so your heart rate can settle and you remain a bit more relaxed.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion here, let me state that I am very happy with the current boards link with past key people as well as their own connections with CBBRLFC.
My input was to debunk the statement that having tried and failed with how and by whom the club was being run that a return to using members of a certain group of families is the only way we will be a success.
If that is true what would happen if there is no next generation of the clan or if there was and they don't care, Do we just stick with them?

Hopefully that clears it up for you so your heart rate can settle and you remain a bit more relaxed.
Sorry superuber, but I think you’re missing the point.

With all due respect, we can’t live our lives on “WHAT IF’s” not in footy, not at work, not at home and not in public. The “WHAT IF” way of thinking is what holds people back from achieving anything. What if I cross the road and get run over, What if I break my ankle playing a game of touch footy, What if all the cows die and we have no more dairy foods. And it’s the same way with what you’re thinking about those bulldog families I mentioned. If one day they all die and they are not involved with the club then so be it, I probably won’t be around by then anyway.

I am not saying like you thought I was implying that there can be no success without those families. Of course other people might come along one day and do a great job, but at the moment no one has, who knows, I don’t have a crystal ball you know. I don’t know the future otherwise I’d be a billionaire punting on a horse that I knew was always going to win. No one knows the future. Once upon a time a fellow name Peter Moore had no association with the club and ran the news agency at Belmore. He got involved with the club and the rest was history.

To put it simply the club was not being run properly, this is no rumor or innuendo or anything like that. You can read about the mess the club was in, it was free for all to read about, and issues were brought up and discussed over the years at AGM’s. The Andersons formed a new ticket and the members voted for them. Simple! And it’s good because it’s brought the Hughes family back.

But let’s go back to the “What If’s” for a second.

What if Steven Price who is currently on the board sticks like shit to our club and becomes ten folds better than Peter Moore for decades to come WHAT IF that happens!

But we can’t talk about WHAT IF’s...we can only discuss the present, and at the moment I’m confident we have the right people to take this club forward. And in reality I’m only thinking about our next premiership and not what’s going to happen in 30 years time!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he builds on an impressive 2018

Last edited: