Ogden caught with cocaine

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Brent Read reporting that they have been officially told that they are not wanted when we previously told them that were in our plans for 22. With Read calling it “brutal” that we axed them lol. So I ask the question would you rather Burns and King or Ogden and Crichton for the two final depth/ minimum wage spots
Def keep Ogden, he is worth his weight in coke :tearsofjoy:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL 2021: Canterbury Bulldogs prop Ofahiki Ogden charged with drugs possession

The NRL has taken another hit in the build-up to the grand final, with a Bulldogs forward charged with possession of a prohibited substance.

@brentread_7
October 3, 2021 - 2:32PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The NRL’s cocaine hell has continued after Canterbury forward Ofahiki Ogden was charged with possession of a prohibited substance by NSW Police on the eve of the grand final.

The NRL and Canterbury confirmed they were aware of the allegations, which come at the end of a week when the game’s drug policy has come under renewed scrutiny.

“We’re aware that Ofahiki was charged with possession of an illegal substance and the matter is currently with the integrity unit,” Bulldogs chief executive Aaron Warburton said.

“We can’t make any comment other than that.”

Bulldogs prop Ofahiki Ogden has given the NRL another black eye. Picture: AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts

Bulldogs prop Ofahiki Ogden has given the NRL another black eye. Picture: AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts

It is understood Ogden was pulled over by police on Saturday night and allegedly found in possession of cocaine. Ogden is off contract on November 1 and the Bulldogs had already decided to move in a different direction.

The club had discussed a two-year contract with Ogden earlier this year but elected not to press ahead with the deal.

“After speaking to him, it is clear he is absolutely ashamed and embarrassed with what has occurred,” Ogden’s manager Luke Lombardi said.

“Anybody who knows him, knows that he embodies what it is to be an athlete and this truly is against his character.”

Over the past seven days the NRL has had to deal with two separate high-profile incidents that have tarnished the code in the lead-up to Sunday night’s grand final between Penrith and South Sydney.
So on Saturday afternoon at around 1pm on Triple M radio, Brent Read announces to the world that the Bulldogs have officially cut ties with Ogden.

The following day Brent Read writes the story with the heading ....

"Canterbury Bulldogs Prop Ofahiki Ogden Charged with drug Possesion".

So my question is, why in the hell didn't the heading say "Former Bulldog" - He cant say he didn't know we cut ties with Ofa.

Brent Read, you've changed since you started working for the Telegraph!!!

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
5th of field issue/drama for us this year. Our players need to pull there heads in. Yes I know majority have left but there are still a couple that remain that fall under the same category as stupid and I blame our leadership group. This has to be addressed.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So on Saturday afternoon at around 1pm on Triple M radio, Brent Read announces to the world that the Bulldogs have officially cut ties with Ogden.

The following day Brent Read writes the story with the heading ....

"Canterbury Bulldogs Prop Ofahiki Ogden Charged with drug Possesion".

So my question is, why in the hell didn't the heading say "Former Bulldog" - He cant say he didn't know we cut ties with Ofa.

Brent Read, you've changed since you started working for the Telegraph!!!
The Daily Telegraph, the place journalism goes to die.