Official Signings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roys gone.As long as he goes to Souths, thats OK. Willie wants too much. See you later. Pay the overs for Myles. Sign Millard. Thats what I reckon.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Without the Bulldogs, Tonga is just a Parramatta reserve grader !.

Seriously though, he does get injured a lot and we probably can't afford to tie up to much money in him.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the guys have gotten greedy. I mean i understand Roy, he is one of the best front rowers in the world and has hardly been paid. The dogs seem happy to let him go for more money cause of the work hes done for the club. But Myles and Tonga are both asking for like 250k... tonga in form wasn't even worth the 200k they gave him and Myles won't get any better with another club. I rate Roy twice over Myles, If we resign Myles for 250k i will scream, I'd prefer Roy for 500k

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tonga played really well the game before he got injured. made a load of good runs

all he needs is fitness and not to be too heavy and he will excell

its a pity his head is a bit heavy, so is nates after origin... id say keeping roy would be the go, but we couldnt afford to pay more then 300, even then that wouldnt be right with people like haz, o meley and sherwin on less

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I think in the SMH the other day it listed Michael Crockett from the Tigers as off contract. He's gotta be one of the quickest players in the comp and he's pretty solid. If we could pick up him and Millard and bump Tonga and the Forehead I don't think we'd have any regrets.

Roy has earnt his money IMO. Best of luck at Souths.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
this time last year is still so fresh in my head,,,

we always seem to lose such high profile players..
other teams go through stages but we seem to lose them every year..
something has to be done,
weather its the players or bulldogs management..

theres gunna be a point when we dont have the talent comming through to replace them.
as of late we have been lucky with some of the replacements but this is slowly comming to a end..

players we have lost to other teams or retirement such as.
pricey,britt,reardon,talua,vagana,smith,polly,silva,lolesi,feeney,scott,harris,norton,thurston,rahihi ect

have all been replaced with ease with the introduction of our new breed,
be it
mason,omeley,ryan,patten,asatasi,tonga,vagana,ryan,tonga,utai,sonny,briath,lolesi,matua and so on.

and other players stepping up to the mark when needed like,
charlie,hutch,phelps,roberts,conn,nate,morrin,dallas and so on,,

but what we are not replacing is our depth,,
the players to step up to the mark when injuries set in.

in 04,with the likes of pricey,lolesi and co out of the gf,
we still had the best team and the best bench with all the depth we have..
but that is not the case anymore,,
to tell the truth,our bench isnt the best,,some of these players are over acheivers that have a name due to the times we have had to call them up.

players like braith and thuston we have had problems replacing,
players like pricey,we have had players like roy to step up to the plate and we cant afford to lose them..

tonga can go,,we have the depth there to make a superstar,,
but i dont think in our reserves we have the next real super stars in the farward pack just yet..

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Zor said:
All the guys have gotten greedy. I mean i understand Roy, he is one of the best front rowers in the world and has hardly been paid. The dogs seem happy to let him go for more money cause of the work hes done for the club. But Myles and Tonga are both asking for like 250k... tonga in form wasn't even worth the 200k they gave him and Myles won't get any better with another club. I rate Roy twice over Myles, If we resign Myles for 250k i will scream, I'd prefer Roy for 500k
Finally.

All this talk of Myles being the future, blah blah blah.

Nate is 21. Roy's 24, that is hardly ancient.

Roy should have been priority all along in my opinion.

However, after Souths have signed Vagana and Kidwell, who both wouldn't have come cheaply, I dont think the odds of Roy going to Souths now are so high.

I think we're probably going to see him head off to England. Which is a shame. Because if he was leaving us, I'd still atleast wish for him to stay in the NRL, so I could get to enjoy him play everyweek.

I still reckon the Tits or the Broncos will field and offer for him.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Well now that Willie Tonga has signed on with us for another 2 years Roy is 99% gone unless he takes less with us than he can get in England.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be unfortunate too see him go thats for sure. Hopefully he remains in the NRL and he may be sawyed to join the rabbitoshs sure they have made some signings but they are cashed up and have the money.

I hope he ends up there rather then the rorters.

Either way I will still miss roy, but you can't blame him, anybody would take that money if they could especially if the reports of 425k over 4 years, I mean who wouldnt take that.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol .. ^^^ Id prefer him going to ESL, Do not want to come up against him

Acid101

Champion By Nature
Reaction score
Asotasi

Hey guys,

Just wondering on your opinions on where Asotasi might be going.. Or where you'd rather him be if he doesnt resign with the dogs.

I'd hate to see him go to waste at the rorters. :(

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
Souths, id hate to see the roosters steal more of our talent. They will just turn him into a dud.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Belmore-Bulldog said:
Souths, id hate to see the roosters steal more of our talent.

If by 'more of our talent' you're referring to Anasta..then yeh I definitely don't wanna lose more 'talent' to the Roosters :sleepy:

But I would much rather see Asotasi play with Souths because he can help them continue building a better team. They deserve a good player like Asotasi. The Roosters don't...

Besides, under Stuart he'll probably just become like Harrison, Anasta, Wing etc. etc. A HASBIN...!!!!

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
^ Exactly I would hate to see him at the Roosters. I don't want to see him anywhere else but the dogs.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Souths

I dont want him i hope if easts are after him they miss out after what they did to morley.. Dont forget ESL is still in the picture

B

Ben Godberts

i never posted here last 2 years, what did u guys think of anasta i hated him

B

Ben Godberts

ThatsNikkisTeam said:
Souths

I dont want him i hope if easts are after him they miss out after what they did to morley.. Dont forget ESL is still in the picture
what the
u need him so much its not funny otherwise u will slide further and further down

Acid101

Champion By Nature
Reaction score
Yeah, well obviously you would've guessed by now that im a souths supporter, (Bulldogs being my 2nd team) and, Look id love to see Asotasi stay at the Dogs and become the player he is destined to be. But if he does go to Souths, this maybe the begining of it all for them?

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Just because we need him does not mean i want him

If the club has to suffer a year or so to realise how stupid they were for insulting morley with that offer them so be it. Th thing is we HAVE talented juniors... Jersey Flegg and Premier are doing greats.... Yet for some reason these players are not being used and going else where

Status
Not open for further replies.