Official NSW Cup GF Thread - Bulldog v Panther

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's something you cannot just build, it's the cattle you get out the paddocks, Penrith junior football comps in div 1 is like playing rep footy each week. It is highly competitive and ahead of most areas, Parra and Newcastle get some good fruit, but from Sydney areas Penrith comp is the strongest then Parramatta which have had to merge with Bulldogs teams. I have seen first hand U16s div1 teams that would win in Harold Matt's and SG Ball. Dogs only future hope is to pilfer from it.
2 dogs teams in gf for 15-1’s this year
Some good players coming through that age group actually

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Topine is too good for Reserves. I hope Ciraldo sees the value in him and makes him a regular in the 17. We need more workers like him and his attacking game has improved a lot this season with more tackle busts, line breaks and tries. He runs good lines and supports well too..

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Morrin and Topine are both not NRL material.
They may appear worthy in reserve grade, but honestly set the bar higher so to speak, they both get swatted like flies in nrl.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's something you cannot just build, it's the cattle you get out the paddocks, Penrith junior football comps in div 1 is like playing rep footy each week. It is highly competitive and ahead of most areas, Parra and Newcastle get some good fruit, but from Sydney areas Penrith comp is the strongest then Parramatta which have had to merge with Bulldogs teams. I have seen first hand U16s div1 teams that would win in Harold Matt's and SG Ball. Dogs only future hope is to pilfer from it.
2 dogs teams in gf for 15-1’s this year
Some good players coming through that age group actually
There is no doubt that the Penrith nursery is bigger and and has a greater number of talented young players. But that doesn’t stop us from building our own junior programmes that churn out quality potential Bulldog players.

It’s also called pathways for a reason so there is no limit to fostering country and interstate juniors into our system to add to local bred players. We use to be champions at bringing young talent into the Dogs from all over.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is no doubt that the Penrith nursery is bigger and and has a greater number of talented young players. But that doesn’t stop us from building our own junior programmes that churn out quality potential Bulldog players.

It’s also called pathways for a reason so there is no limit to fostering country and interstate juniors into our system to add to local bred players. We use to be champions at bringing young talent into the Dogs from all over.
Penrith are far superior as they have so many pollys
Manly are now signing them as young as 14 and 15 and busing them from blacktown to manly
We play trials against penrith and they belt us.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The recruitment has let us down for far too long.
We were freaking out about losing Alamoti , while Roosters are signing Sualli. Massive difference. Dolphins signing good young talent, what are our dumb recruiters doing.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Manly are now signing them as young as 14 and 15 and busing them from blacktown to manly
I live out west and my son is trialling in other districts for rep teams because there is just too much competition in Penrith, understandably only the elite kids get chosen. They could pick 3 or 4 rep teams from each age group that would be ultra competitive.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I live out west and my son is trialling in other districts for rep teams because there is just too much competition in Penrith, understandably only the elite kids get chosen. They could pick 3 or 4 rep teams from each age group that would be ultra competitive.
How old is he mate

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's 19 Bulldog Steve, it's difficult to break into any team at that age. You have a son that plays?
Yeh mate he is 15 , his tram mates are doing the rounds but he isn’t that minded.
If your boy is that keen, my advice ie get as fit as can be, train his ass off and things will happen

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Topine is too good for Reserves. I hope Ciraldo sees the value in him and makes him a regular in the 17. We need more workers like him and his attacking game has improved a lot this season with more tackle busts, line breaks and tries. He runs good lines and supports well too..
Topine can have a similar effect for us as Nikora does for Cronulla imo. Be interesting to see how it all unfolds throughout pre season

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
With so many people moving into all of the new suburbs in penriths nursery area they are getting a massive advantage

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Development of juniors, pathways etc is much more than just local area players - identify and recruit from anywhere.