Official NSW Cup GF Thread - Bulldog v Panther

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
O'Sullivan is so overrated. Media hype up. Will be exposed hard soon.
Who is he overrated by Bennett? And why does it matter lol I couldn't give a fuck if he is good, shit or somewhere in between.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure we can all agree that a strong first grade side can achieve greatness but it's only a strong junior side that can maintain it.
Pentith are a perfect example of a very strong club built on juniors and pathway programmes.

Whether Gus is responsible for that ground up build at Penrith or part of it, it’s an absolute success story.

If he can replicate that at the Dogs our road back to being a powerhouse again is assured.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets not forget we had:
Bailey Biondi Odo - injured from a hip drop in finals.
Zach Docker Clay - injured from a hip drop in finals.
Jeral Skelton - injured with a lower back issue.
Jacob Kiraz, Corey Allen, Braidon Burns - not named in finals side.
Ava Seumanfagai - injured
Billy Tsikrikas - injured

Probably missed a few others too.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lets not forget we had:
Bailey Biondi Odo - injured from a hip drop in finals.
Zach Docker Clay - injured from a hip drop in finals.
Jeral Skelton - injured with a lower back issue.
Jacob Kiraz, Corey Allen, Braidon Burns - not named in finals side.
Ava Seumanfagai - injured
Billy Tsikrikas - injured

Probably missed a few others too.
100% we overachieved, that Penrith side was filled with top 30 players when we had our whole spine bar Wakeham outside of the top 30. We had every right to win but oh well, we will win it next year.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is there any particularly reason Rajaab can't kick? wakeham shouldn't be doing all the kicking on last tackle
I agree with you 100%, that kick by Rajaab which led to the Try was pinpoint accurate, I can't understand why they didn't use the option of having him kick more as a last tackle option instead of using that same repetitive kick from wakem straight down the throat of the panther's fullback which cost us the game.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pentith are a perfect example of a very strong club built on juniors and pathway programmes.

Whether Gus is responsible for that ground up build at Penrith or part of it, it’s an absolute success story.

If he can replicate that at the Dogs our road back to being a powerhouse again is assured.
Spot on mate. Spot on.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Need to sign as many Panthers juniors as possible.
In all grades they are far superior players, miles and miles ahead of any others. Newcastle has some good talent also.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It's something you cannot just build, it's the cattle you get out the paddocks, Penrith junior football comps in div 1 is like playing rep footy each week. It is highly competitive and ahead of most areas, Parra and Newcastle get some good fruit, but from Sydney areas Penrith comp is the strongest then Parramatta which have had to merge with Bulldogs teams. I have seen first hand U16s div1 teams that would win in Harold Matt's and SG Ball. Dogs only future hope is to pilfer from it.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the ground & a great game to watch. There was not much in it, so am surprised by some of the comments . Penrith did score some soft tries. One from a dropped ball , one from dummy half & one from a grubby that perfectly bounced from the point of the ball.

The turning point was the recommence kick from half way that was allowed to bounce into touch. They scored shortly after. This was disappointing as the previous also was unluckly not the bounce in touch also. Both Alamonti & Okunbor did not learn from the previous lucky escape & attacked the ball on the full.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I thought it was a knock on for your life but on replay didn't he bat it backwards?
It was line ball at worst but no way it went forward. Shocking call by the video ref.

Oh well, we would've been 1 or 3 behind and probably still fucking lose anyway lol

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamonti is a long way off first grade. Based on what I have seen of late he could be Karl Faliga 2.0
Topine is a stand out and needs to see more first grade action .
Agreed but where does Ciraldo play him?