SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
NSW forward pack should destroy them.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not one QLD forward would make the NSW starting lineup
id agree with that but dosnt mean nsw is going to destroy them. napa, wallace and mcguire are more then capable of taking it to the middle forwards and love the tough stuff

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not one QLD forward would make the NSW starting lineup
Kaufusi is better then Cordner and IMO Mcguire is better then De Belin. The rest of the pack I agree. Front row and hooker is super average and Cooper doesn't belong at this level. Thurston has made this guy look good for years.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm assuming they will name at least 1-2 blokes to cover MCGuire. That's a huge risk in an Origin game.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kaufusi is better then Cordner and IMO Mcguire is better then De Belin. The rest of the pack I agree. Front row and hooker is super average and Cooper doesn't belong at this level. Thurston has made this guy look good for years.
Jake Trbo is better than DeBelin also. Kaufusi has been shit all year.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree bro on both counts. I rate Kaufusi as a player though. He is missing Cronk.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently this is the QLD team
Was hoping ponga
01. Billy Slater
02. Valentine Holmes
03. Will Chambers
04. Greg Inglis
05. Dane Gagai
06. Cameron Munster
07. Ben Hunt
08. Dylan Napa
09. Andrew McCullough
10. Jarrod Wallace
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Josh McGuire

14. Michael Morgan
15. Jai Arrow
16. Josh Papalii
17. Coen Hess
was hoping ponga would be on the bench if nsw don’t win this series 3-0 they should give origin away

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jake Trbo is better than DeBelin also. Kaufusi has been shit all year.
Thought Kaufusi was really good last weekend. Was very good most games. Had a couple of poor games, but he's there to protect Hunt basically and he'll do that job.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
was hoping ponga would be on the bench if nsw don’t win this series 3-0 they should give origin away
The problem with this line of thought is who are you taking off to put Ponga on?

Slater is the best fullback the game has seen in the last 30 years so it won't be him. So who? He's not an Origin half, and he'd be a midget on the wing.

If the score is 2-0 to NSW going into game 3, I'd probably blood him but until then, no.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thought Kaufusi was really good last weekend. Was very good most games. Had a couple of poor games, but he's there to protect Hunt basically and he'll do that job.
Hunt doesn't need protection. He's a good defender. He's there because he and Cooper are the best 2 that they have.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hunt doesn't need protection. He's a good defender. He's there because he and Cooper are the best 2 that they have.
Every half needs some form of protection. They are the smallest blokes on the field. Hunt is a decent defender I have no issues with his defence. Kaufusi would have been my first backrower picked (I didn't have McGuire being fit). QLD do really miss Gillett though, Take Cooper out and have Gillett there and it's 10 times better. I have more of an issue with Cooper being there, he's pretty ordinary.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Every half needs some form of protection. They are the smallest blokes on the field. Hunt is a decent defender I have no issues with his defence. Kaufusi would have been my first backrower picked (I didn't have McGuire being fit). QLD do really miss Gillett though, Take Cooper out and have Gillett there and it's 10 times better. I have more of an issue with Cooper being there, he's pretty ordinary.
They don't have anyone better. That's how bad their backrowers are right now.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They don't have anyone better. That's how bad their backrowers are right now.
I would have started with Hess personally, and given someone like Joe Ofahengaue a bench spot. A left field choice might be someone like Corey Oates on the bench too.

Status
Not open for further replies.