Offical NSW Origin 1 Team Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Aitken scored a try on Inglis on pure pace granted, but he's let Inglis in twice this season. Inglis hasn't scored on Roberts this year but Roberts scored on GI.

This Aitken being an elite defender is an absolute furphy
I hear your point, but I would take Aitken over Mitchell/Roberts in defence any day.

Also, I really feel Roberts and Mitchell have the potential to really implode in the origin arena. If they start the game with a few defensive misreads, I really think they could spiral.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm remembering Justin Hodges origin debut, remember this? I think there is the potential for Roberts or Mitchell to end up with a similar performance.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hear your point, but I would take Aitken over Mitchell/Roberts in defence any day.

Also, I really feel Roberts and Mitchell have the potential to really implode in the origin arena. If they start the game with a few defensive misreads, I really think they could spiral.
Agreed, Latrell is a confidence player and if he stuffs up I think he might go into his shell probably causing more errors. It's why I might have held off on JAC or Cotric this year and paired him with a Moz, keep him focused.

I think Roberts has improved on that though, I only worry about our yardage out of our red zone

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a sad day when Jack the bell end gets in over Jackson.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a sad day when Jack the bell end gets in over Jackson.
Not really. He's in much better form. Either way Jake Trobojvic should be starting at 13 anyway. Jackson isn't in great form, as it is Tariq Sims wasn't picked. NSW have a LOT of backrowers/locks.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really. He's in much better form. Either way Jake Trobojvic should be starting at 13 anyway. Jackson isn't in great form, as it is Tariq Sims wasn't picked. NSW have a LOT of backrowers/locks.
I reckon Jake Trobojvic will start at Lock.

He should definitely have the 13 on his back.

Jacko is a way down the order. There is a glut of quality back rowers, he is down on form, playing in a team that is producing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.