Offical NSW Origin 1 Team Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Inglis and Chambers are gonna have an absolute field day... Mitchell and Roberts defence is worse then under 10s yes they can score lots of points between Em but will need to score about 50 points to make up for the tries they let in
Is concerning but they both love the big occasion so hopefully they step up.. I think Cotric was unlucky as he's the full package

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wade Graham is facing a suspension for a hit on ponga
If he is named in the side and gets the 1 week he will miss origin
If he isn't named and misses the one week with Cronulla he can be a late inclusion just like what they did with Ennis a couple years back

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
How did Euan Aitken not make the team? I really think Roberts is going to have big issues defending Inglis.

AItken gave Inglis a bath when the Dragons played the Rabbits earlier this year. Why wouldn't you have him in the team.

Speed and flair DO NOT win origins - defence does.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Inglis and Chambers are gonna have an absolute field day... Mitchell and Roberts defence is worse then under 10s yes they can score lots of points between Em but will need to score about 50 points to make up for the tries they let in
Couldn't agree more.

I really like the NSW side as picked, except for at least one of the two centres, if not both.

Mitchell and Roberts have enormous defensive weaknesses as you've already mentioned. In fact, I'm willing to say they have the ability to LOSE the match for NSW.

Sure they have the ability to WIN the match, but why would you take the risk of giving your opposition such a huge target.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good on paper, last time they named a 'baby blues' squad they failed, Im sure experience counts in SOO but this side oozes class so will be interesting.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good on paper, last time they named a 'baby blues' squad they failed, Im sure experience counts in SOO but this side oozes class so will be interesting.
Was that 1989 when the King reigned supreme?

That was the first series of Origin I ever saw (youthful eyes)

Finally I will get to be at the game (next week)

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roberts, Mitchell, T.Turbo, Maloney.....Not a tackler between them. Inglis must be grinning.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How did Euan Aitken not make the team? I really think Roberts is going to have big issues defending Inglis.

AItken gave Inglis a bath when the Dragons played the Rabbits earlier this year. Why wouldn't you have him in the team.

Speed and flair DO NOT win origins - defence does.
Aitken scored a try on Inglis on pure pace granted, but he's let Inglis in twice this season. Inglis hasn't scored on Roberts this year but Roberts scored on GI.

This Aitken being an elite defender is an absolute furphy

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about old legs GI & Chambers struggling to handle Mitchell & Roberts. Inglis is not the player he was. We can’t keep going back to the well and pick the likes of Josh Morris & Dugan. They were a part of a losing culture. I suspect that’s why Woods & Jackson were dumped.
NSW pace will trouble QLD, because our forwards will dominate.
QLD have picked a pack out form and one that I think won’t handle the rigours of origin.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Chambers is the best centre in the game.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about old legs GI & Chambers struggling to handle Mitchell & Roberts. Inglis is not the player he was. We can’t keep going back to the well and pick the likes of Josh Morris & Dugan. They were a part of a losing culture. I suspect that’s why Woods & Jackson were dumped.
NSW pace will trouble QLD, because our forwards will dominate.
QLD have picked a pack of out form and one that I think won’t handle the rigours of origin.
The forward pack argument is what everyone is forgetting, QLD have 1 middle forward whose averaging more then 100m, that's woeful. No Smith to slow the ruck, our forwards should own the park

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is going to be a bloodbath. NSW 3-0 with at least 30 points each game. I reckon game 1 will be about 46-6. Late flurry of tries for NSW.. forwards are just going to bend over Queensland and they will wilt later in the game. Backline is so quick. Inglis is going to Wish the NRL banned him from playing after bashing his mrs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wade Graham is facing a suspension for a hit on ponga
If he is named in the side and gets the 1 week he will miss origin
If he isn't named and misses the one week with Cronulla he can be a late inclusion just like what they did with Ennis a couple years back
Graham wasn't exactly a stand out for the series as a whole so I don't know why many were surprised when he wasn't picked

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is going to be a bloodbath. NSW 3-0 with at least 30 points each game. I reckon game 1 will be about 46-6. Late flurry of tries for NSW.. forwards are just going to bend over Queensland and they will wilt later in the game. Backline is so quick. Inglis is going to Wish the NRL banned him from playing after bashing his mrs.
I don’t think 11 rookies are going to instantly click together on the biggest stage that quickly

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think 11 rookies are going to instantly click together on the biggest stage that quickly
They don’t need to. Every player has individual brilliance. QLD are going to get lapped up

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Predicting a pretty loose game. NSW backline is talented but raw - forwards should be able to set the platform and we’ll dominate late

NSW 32-16 QLD

Status
Not open for further replies.